What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi Folks - thanks for giving allowing me in. I've read a lot of the threads here and am learning a lot as I go. I've got the unenviable task of selling my brother's pinball machines, as sadly he passed last December, and I've no clue what they are worth or how to market them, so I am hoping for some hints and tips from more experienced peeps.

As a starter for ten he has:

Scared Stiff
Guns n Roses
Black Knight: Sword of Rage, Limited edition (98 of 600).

Scared Stiff has the skulls mod.

The thing is, he bought these brand new (or refurbed??) from known dealers in 2021/2, and spent a considerable amount on each, but although unpacked, they've not really been used at all - pretty much mint condition. Possibly Scared Stiff has had more plays, but I don't actually know how to check all that - I have the manual, so I'll need to do some reading! They've all been turned on and checked that they work, but that's about all. BK was only turned on for the first time this week, as far as I know. I saw a GnR one on here a week or two ago that went for 8K ish, but am pretty much clueless on all of it.

So there we are - total newbie, with a few toys to talk about!

Hi Folks - thanks for giving allowing me in. I've read a lot of the threads here and am learning a lot as I go. I've got the unenviable task of selling my brother's pinball machines, as sadly he passed last December, and I've no clue what they are worth or how to market them, so I am hoping for some hints and tips from more experienced peeps.

Scared Stiff
Guns n Roses

The thing is, he bought these brand new (or refurbed??) from known dealers in 2021/2, and spent a considerable amount on each, but although unpacked, they've not really been used at all - pretty much mint condition. Possibly Scared Stiff has had more plays, but I don't actually know how to check all that - I have the manual, so I'll need to do some reading! They've all been turned on and checked that they work, but that's about all. BK was only turned on for the first time this week, as far as I know. I saw a GnR one on here a week or two ago that went for 8K ish, but am pretty much clueless on all of it.

Really sorry to hear about your brother , very sad situation, you will get a lot of replies here and some good people will help you out to get the right prices for the games

Echo what Kelsbells has said. Although if you looks at other sales threads, not much is selling as people are feeling the pinch.

If your brother bought them 21/22, and you don’t know how much he paid for each one then maybe wait a bit if you can before selling on.

Was the Scared Stiff the one on EBay recently?

Scared Stiff
Guns n Roses

I have a friend who is looking for a scared stiff, when you know how much you want for it please would you get back to me?
Thanks and sorry for your loss.

Hi Littlemac,
Please accept my condolences for the sad passing of your brother.
When the time is right, and you have decided on a price for each of these fine machines, please PM me with prices and location.
Many thanks.

David.

Wow - thanks for the kind words - it's always difficult when you lose someone close to you but I am ever grateful when I see such kindness. Means a lot!

Scared Stiff - paid just under 11K - it's not been on ebay at all...
GnR - approx 9K
Black Knight - US payment - 10K uk equivalent.

Pretty sure I can find the original invoices for each, but it'll take some looking. We found them back in January, so they'll be in a box somewhere.

The sale of these items is to go into a trust fund for my nephew, so it's about making as much as we can for that. I know this isn't the right place, and apologies for it, but we also have arcade machines (some are very much in kit form) to sell as well. My brother was an avid collector, restorer of these things, but Pinball was purely his fun. All the games are in Somerset, just outside Yeovil.

I'd be pleased to get anywhere around 8K for each on average, is that realistic? Happy to post images and vids if it helps - which forum should I use?

Last edited:
Hey, i grew up in the golden era of arcades and so love finding places that recreate those vibes.

I’ve always had a bit of an obsession with marbles and tracks, this lead me into mechanical puzzles and dexterity games however of course I’ve always enjoyed playing pinball machines too and decided to take a more active interest in looking for places where I could play them.

Hoping to attend a few events this year including UK PinFest, look forward to meeting some enthusiasts.

Hi Peeps,

Thought I better introduce myself being new to he forum.

I'm getting back into playing pinball - I used to have a Creature from the Black Lagoon machine that I purchased off eBay back in the noughties but sold a few years later during the big slide in 2008 (didn't lose money on it bought and sold for £750).\

Last year I started playing FX3 Pinball on Nintendo Switch, which has re-ignited my interest in playing pinball.

This led to researching Virtual Pinballs and finally full circle to real Pinball machines.

So, whilst looking at all the pinball sellers in the UK that are top of Google's searches - I found this place.

Hopefully, I can find help, advice and maybe some crac on my journey to finding myself a pinball to enjoy at home again...

PN

I used to have a Creature from the Black Lagoon machine that I purchased off eBay back in the noughties but sold a few years later during the big slide in 2008 (didn't lose money on it bought and sold for £750).\
I’ve never owned a machine and would love to, so I immediately looked that one up seeing such an affordable price…I’m hoping you forgot to add a few extra digits!

I’ve never owned a machine and would love to, so I immediately looked that one up seeing such an affordable price…I’m hoping you forgot to add a few extra digits!
Pinball machine prices have increased a LOT in the last 15 years.

Not sure if it's inflation, scarcity or the fact people have started to recognise how much goes into building and maintaining a real pinball machine.

It's a bit like what happened in the 70s with Swiss watches and the quartz revolution.

Hi
I'm Dave from South Wales. I've signed up after seeing an advert for a tournament in Pontyclun this Sunday.
I started playing Pinball bAck in 1982 on a Bally Vector before playing in a late variety of tables including a Kiss and a Harlem Globetrotters, both of which I rolled over the score board :). Since then I've played all sorts including Funhouse and T2 but my favourite is (predictably) is an Addams Family and I set the second highest recorded in the Table in the Arcade club in Bury :) ! Happy Days.
Look forward to meeting some of you Sunday.
Cheers
Dave

Hello All,

Appreciate you allowing me to join you guys on here. I live in Leicester and currently I don't own a pin myself, but I've been fascinated by pinball ever since I was a kid and have always played them wherever I've come across one in the wild. Last year I came across a very old Addams Family which was being neglected in a campsite games room in northern France and played it every day I was there. That experience must have rekindled some forgotten nostalgia and I've been desperate to own my own pin ever since. I'm still busily researching on YouTube, Facebook, various websites and visiting Electric Circus in Nuneaton as often as I can (difficult as I work away) to try and play as many pins as possible before deciding which I'd like to buy. Think I've settled on wanting a mid-90s DMD, but just trying to find a good example, in reasonable condition that is fun to play but I can also improve with a bit of TLC and a few mods etc.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to participate and learn a lot from you all.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi all, thought I'd stop lurking and say hi!

I'm fairly new to the hobby in the real sense. I've always wanted to be all in on pinball but this year was when I finally took the plunge and became an owner. Thanks to a very understanding wife I now have a 007 Premium (dream theme), a Godzilla Premium and a Jurassic Park Premium. I don't live far away from Tilt in Birmingham so I'm there quite regularly.

Tickets are booked for pinfest so very much looking forward to that. So yes, all in! Pleased to be part of this forum and looking forward to continuing this journey. Thanks.

Hi all, thought I'd stop lurking and say hi!

I'm fairly new to the hobby in the real sense. I've always wanted to be all in on pinball but this year was when I finally took the plunge and became an owner. Thanks to a very understanding wife I now have a 007 Premium (dream theme), a Godzilla Premium and a Jurassic Park Premium. I don't live far away from Tilt in Birmingham so I'm there quite regularly.

Tickets are booked for pinfest so very much looking forward to that. So yes, all in! Pleased to be part of this forum and looking forward to continuing this journey. Thanks.
You’ve gone all out already, I don’t have any whatsoever though definitely want Godzilla it looks awesome.

You’ve gone all out already, I don’t have any whatsoever though definitely want Godzilla it looks awesome.
Yeah this is my midlife crisis 😂

Man Godzilla is incredible. It's my fave of the line-up. Both Pro and Premium are great in my experience. Highly recommended if you can get one.

Back
Top Bottom