What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello

West Ham fan here, followed links from Gonzo's pinball YouTube channel

Started playing pinball in 1973 as a 6 year old, Dad had a pub with a games room which contained 3 machines which changed regularly.
I used to come home from school and play standing on stool to begin with. The pub was shut at that time so I could play for a couple of hours a day really.

We left the pub in 1983 so I had a good 10 years playing. Needless to say I got pretty good.

I picked it up again when I went to university in 1985. Leeds Union bar has an excellent games room and I spent
a lot of my spare time in there on the flippers. Later I went to work in Nimes, France and most of the local bars had machines.

Anyway, I'm interested in meet ups, competitive pinball, leagues and teams. Live in Eastern England so if anyone can't point me
in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Glad to be here!

Welcome aboard @JudoRick. Surprised you’re not a canary from that neck of the woods😬.
Not too much league or competitive stuff going on in Norfolk but plenty of private collections

Welcome aboard @JudoRick. Surprised you’re not a canary from that neck of the woods😬.
Not too much league or competitive stuff going on in Norfolk but plenty of private collections
No I am Londoner, came here to look after my mum when Dad died. They retired here in a retirement home provided by a charity housing
formers landlords. I'll be moving on soon as I can as mum went too.
Private collections? What's that all about?

No I am Londoner, came here to look after my mum when Dad died. They retired here in a retirement home provided by a charity housing
formers landlords. I'll be moving on soon as I can as mum went too.
Private collections? What's that all about?
Ah right I see.
Regarding private collections, I mean there’s no league meets or public places to really play but there are plenty of folk from Norwich and surrounding areas with their own collections. Some friendly folk allow strangers in to play them.

Hello

I picked it up again when I went to university in 1985. Leeds Union bar has an excellent games room and I spent
a lot of my spare time in there on the flippers. Later I went to work in Nimes, France and most of the local bars had machines.

Glad to be here!

Hello, Rick,

Ah, France, eh?

"Most of the local bars had machines", unlike the u.k. Many of those may have been Gottliebs, but at least they were there.

As for France, there's a radio programme 'The Confessional', where I heard a woman admit to 'impure thoughts' while watching her French student exchange friends brother play pinball in a French bar. That's not something that's ever occurred to me, but then I'm not really any kind of 'nudger'. I just wondered while listening if it was a Gottlieb machine.

Hello, Rick,

Ah, France, eh?

"Most of the local bars had machines", unlike the u.k. Many of those may have been Gottliebs, but at least they were there.

As for France, there's a radio programme 'The Confessional', where I heard a woman admit to 'impure thoughts' while watching her French student exchange friends brother play pinball in a French bar. That's not something that's ever occurred to me, but then I'm not really any kind of 'nudger'. I just wondered while listening if it was a Gottlieb machine.

I mainly remember playing classics like The Addams Family (dirty pool old man!) and Fish Tales. My fav was The Getaway though

If you are ever in Nimes, check out a bar called Bare De L'Industrie its on one of the main avenues in the centre. Very cool and has pinball

Been lurking for a while so I thought that it was about time to say "Hi". Have to say what a great forum this appears to be, so many others descend into insults and general whinging!

I'm relatively new into pinball and got interested after playing a mates eight ball deluxe. I started trawling everywhere for pinballs for sale and narrowly missed out on a couple and ended up buying a Speakeasy 4 in need of tlc! (the one with the tatty cab on ebay). I've got no idea if I overpaid but I figure that at some point you just have to jump in and build your knowledge up. Steep learning curve but I'm getting there and everything now seems to be working as it should ... as far as I know! Still working out what to do with the cab as the front is pretty knackered, think I'll still try to restore it as I have a thing about keeping stuff original wherever possible. I've also been really pleased with how it plays as I know it's not on many peoples "favourite" list !

The problem is that I'm hooked and now want another one :D, so if anyone has an early 80's pinball with multiball they dont want ....

Hello

Started playing pinball in 1973 as a 6 year old, Dad had a pub with a games room which contained 3 machines which changed regularly.
I used to come home from school and play standing on stool to begin with. The pub was shut at that time so I could play for a couple of hours a day really.

We left the pub in 1983 so I had a good 10 years playing. Needless to say I got pretty good.

Anyway, I'm interested in meet ups, competitive pinball, leagues and teams. Live in Eastern England so if anyone can't point me
in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Glad to be here!

Mate, West Ham and Pinball is the secret to fulfillment and happiness. . . . . and to emptying your bank account but it's not boring.

Welcome.

welcome @Perky speakeasy has a plastic rather than wooden playfield if i recall?
It certainly does and it seems to be in really good condition. There's a few scuffs etc. around high use areas but otherwise ok. I noticed that someone mentioned they can warp but I havent noticed anything obvious yet!

It certainly does and it seems to be in really good condition. There's a few scuffs etc. around high use areas but otherwise ok. I noticed that someone mentioned they can warp but I havent noticed anything obvious yet!
Be careful when lifting the playfield upright, last time I did that on a Speakeasy two of the inserts fell out!

Thanks for the advice - always makes me nervous when I lift it up 😟

I’m not far away, I’m in Dereham, would love to play some pins local, as I still haven’t purchased my first one
When the new dog has settled in more than welcome to come over and have a play bud

Fell in love with pinball in my teens (now 60 - how did that happen!) visiting my mates house in S****horpe - they had a bar and pinball machine in their back room. Thought that was well posh. Been playing ever since. Not bothered about high scores that much - just like playing. Flashing bright lights always hold my attention...currently got Spiderman at home and pop to Flip Out London most weeks to play! Amazed there is a whole pinball community out there - I thought I was alone!

Hi guys! I'm new here but this looks like a great site. I've never owned a pinball machine yet but I can't wait to buy my first and join the club!

welcome.gifto Pinball Info @BoltonWanderer , also my team but a long way to climb back to the glory times. We have a strong pinball paternity in the North West with some great people with fantastic pinball collections.
Also the Northern pinball league starts again this month , a great event to enter into and get to play some fantastic collections of pinball machines. Let me know if you might be interested and I will put you on the mailing list, no better way to get into the pinball scene.
D.

View attachment 151803to Pinball Info @BoltonWanderer , also my team but a long way to climb back to the glory times. We have a strong pinball paternity in the North West with some great people with fantastic pinball collections.
Also the Northern pinball league starts again this month , a great event to enter into and get to play some fantastic collections of pinball machines. Let me know if you might be interested and I will put you on the mailing list, no better way to get into the pinball scene.
D.
Thank you! Yeah, we'll get back there...eventually! I wish I could say the journey back will be fun, but I'm not sure it will be haha.

That sounds great, I'd be really interested in that! Much appreciated, mate.

Thank you! Yeah, we'll get back there...eventually! I wish I could say the journey back will be fun, but I'm not sure it will be haha.

That sounds great, I'd be really interested in that! Much appreciated, mate.
Private message me your email and I will add you to the mailing list for the league.
D.

Hello Pinheads,

Thought I'd say hello. American Expat here in the UK. Enjoying this forum quite a bit. Got the Pinball bug back in my Uni days. Started collecting while living in Chicago (first pins in 2007) which is a great place to be a collector: active local community, lots of games on the market, pin gatherings, Expo, Stern factory, etc. Got my collection up to about 10 but then relocated to Hong Kong and sold most ( a decision I regret now from a price perspective!).

Moved here in 2014, met my lovely British wife and here I am. Looking to get about 2 pins here as my instincts tell me that's about the spousal limit. Mando on the way. Hoping for a ToM to join it.

I belong to Flip Out in Croydon and try to get out there once a weekend. Not been for League.

See you on the forum or at Flip Out.....

Steve

Attention all new members ....and not so new lurkers ;)

Why not take a minute to introduce yrself to the fellow pinheads on the forum - you know the usual stuff, what pins do you own/enjoy playing/want to own, where in the country are you etc ....

And welcome, good to have you in the Pinballinfo ranks soldiers !

Sgt GrizZ
Hi I’m Bobby from London,I sell the tyres for a living,thought I’d treat myself to a pinball machine before my 40th ended up with 3 let’s within 6 weeks 🤷‍♂️ ❤️Pinball ,met some great guys on here and used Martin who was terrific

Attachments

• 5B7BFE54-11C2-47FD-8341-6C25559BE87E.jpeg
    5B7BFE54-11C2-47FD-8341-6C25559BE87E.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom