What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi

After hankering after a table for a few years finally picked up my first, a Demolition Man, so I thought I should at least finally post something and say hi!

Probably won't end up being my only table. Seems to be the way these things go!

All the best,

Sull
Welcome to the group.
Your right there Sull, I brought my first pin last September and around 6 weeks ago managed to pick up 3 in one week 😆

Hi All,

I’m finally got some space to build myself a games room, so time to sort some games out...

My company builds fairly luxury Home Cinemas, but we’ve also built games rooms, golf sims, racing sims etc.

I’ve given my interior designer a brief of ‘Outrun Aesthetic / Retro Futurism / Ready Player One”. Hopefully we’ll end up with an LED OutRun grid on one of the walls, glass neons, 3/4 pins and a 4 player MAME cab I’m building at the moment.

Oh and I need to squeeze in a 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos setup with a Projector....

This is the kind level I’m aiming for...
f6d1c33add767d3010a199c4a6511e2c.jpg

[mention]Dave Bishop [/mention]for info, we took that room from a shell to completion including literally everything for just under £100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all!
First comment in the forums but have been a bit of a lurker for a year or so. Looking for my pin to own (and inevitably start the collection), having been a fan of visiting the arcades for a long ol while. Living in Devon, keeping my eyes open for that first pin, which will also hopefully get my teenagers playing too. On the dream list is TNG but looking for something fun and easy to get into for around the £2.5k mark (if that's still possible in current climate.

Nice to be here and look forward to chatting with you all. Have a good Sunday

Hi all!
First comment in the forums but have been a bit of a lurker for a year or so. Looking for my pin to own (and inevitably start the collection), having been a fan of visiting the arcades for a long ol while. Living in Devon, keeping my eyes open for that first pin, which will also hopefully get my teenagers playing too. On the dream list is TNG but looking for something fun and easy to get into for around the £2.5k mark (if that's still possible in current climate.

Welcome @Niv - I'm sure £2.5k is doable, just keep your ear to the ground and be prepared to act quickly. :)

Reactions: Niv
Hi all!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pin...85627908352934/?sale_post_id=2985627908352934 data east batman, imagine an offer over £2000 would be successful @Niv

Reactions: Niv
Hi All,

I've just joined the group - mostly to ask for help sourcing a part for a Fish Tales.

We're in London. I got the Fish Tales a fortnight ago. It's our first pinball machine and I have no prior experience with arcade pinball, but the FT is proving really popular in our house - both with the adults and our oldest kid (aged four).

I've also been enjoying doing minor maintenance on the Fish Tales as, although it was sold in full working order, it... well, had multiple niggles. I'm also modding it as, although the guy who sold us it was passionate about 'original condition' machines, I don't have a nostalgia kick about this stuff.

We've now put our name down for the new CGC factory run of Medieval Madness. Other games I like include White Water, Attack from Mars, STTNG and Star Trek (Stern).

Hi and welcome. Which part for FT are you missing?

also there’s a fair few of us from London on here. Always worth joining the London/south east league when it’s back up and running.

if your in central / south London then Flip Out is a relatively short journey away 😀

It's a metal bracket on #A-15404, which is the cover for the entry sensor on the reel entry ramp. I figure I can either source the whole reel entry assembly, source the missing bracket, or - alternatively - I can measure/template a bracket on another Fish Tales and create a CAD design for custom manufacturing.

No gameplay significance - it's just annoying!

I went to Flip Out last Sunday. As I'm not wild about travelling on public transport right now, it took us two hours to get there by bike.

I've since spoken to the Treasurer by email and volunteered to do some minor maintenance as several of the older machines, including White Water, were out of action. I'm hoping to go in with my Technical Assistant (i.e. my four year old) to do some upkeep and maintenance later this month. I noticed they did have a Fish Tales stacked up in a corner, but feel it would be a bit cheeky asking them if I could take the glass off to take some measurements off the reel entry sensor bracket (!).

Hi All,

I've just joined the group - mostly to ask for help sourcing a part for a Fish Tales.

We're in London. I got the Fish Tales a fortnight ago. It's our first pinball machine and I have no prior experience with arcade pinball, but the FT is proving really popular in our house - both with the adults and our oldest kid (aged four).

I've also been enjoying doing minor maintenance on the Fish Tales as, although it was sold in full working order, it... well, had multiple niggles. I'm also modding it as, although the guy who sold us it was passionate about 'original condition' machines, I don't have a nostalgia kick about this stuff.

We've now put our name down for the new CGC factory run of Medieval Madness. Other games I like include White Water, Attack from Mars, STTNG and Star Trek (Stern).
Welcome mate, I did have a look in my FT spares box but no joy. This is the game I have had the longest, over 10 years now. Always cheers me up😀

There was somebody on here asking about Medieval Madness and when it will next be made again as very rarely come up for sale, nobody really had an answer so wondering where you have put your name down for one and when are they starting production again?

Ironically the Whitewater is mine. Any idea what was up with it?
No. I tried switching it on and it gave me the 'BANG BANG. Press "Enter" for Test Report" message.

I didn't have the coin door keys (obviously) as I was just visiting to play, so I figured it was switched off because something was broken.

Apparently, the repair guy has been off sick for a couple of weeks. If he was still off sick when I went down there in a couple of weeks, I was planning to run a test on the White Water and see if I could work out what was wrong with it. White Water is one of my favourite pinball machines on the Williams iOS app, and I've never played one in real life, so I had something of a motivation to try to fix it (!!).

Now you know, I expect you'll probably fix it before I do!

There was somebody on here asking about Medieval Madness and when it will next be made again as very rarely come up for sale, nobody really had an answer so wondering where you have put your name down for one and when are they starting production again?

According to the Chicago Games Company website, Pinball Heaven is their UK distributor (https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/26). I Googled one on the Pinball Heaven website with no price (https://www.pinball.co.uk/pinball-machines-for-sale/medieval-madness-pinball-new-remake/), so I called them and the guy told me he thought CGC would try fitting a batch of MMr into a production run in 18 months to 2 years.

He was taking names (but no money) for expressions of interest. So, I put my name down.

We're probably not ready for an MMr for a couple of years, anyway, so it didn't seem a big deal to wait for one.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll flag it to Robin. Doubt I’ll get there in the near future given I haven’t been for 2 years 😱

Whitewater is a great game. Lots of fun.

Thanks. I’ll flag it to Robin. Doubt I’ll get there in the near future given I haven’t been for 2 years 😱

Whitewater is a great game. Lots of fun.

Sorry to continue the off topic conversation...
But as we're on the topic of your White Water John, ever since I started visiting Flip Out (must be at least two years now!) White water sends the ball straight down the middle on a full plunge.

It's not designed like that is it?
Just curious, I assume if not it must be a ball guide adjustment
(I know the PinballFX3 /Williams app version has buggy physics and a full plunge sends it to the big foot area but real ones send it to the flippers I thought)

(I know the PinballFX3 /Williams app version has buggy physics and a full plunge sends it to the big foot area but real ones send it to the flippers I thought)
The iOS Williams app sends the full plunge to the upper flippers - from which I can make the Whitewater jackpot shot. Then, subsequent plunges go down the spine chiller ramp.

Is it not supposed to send the full plunge to the upper flipper? I thought the whole idea was that you could send the ball straight to the left flipper, scoring a bonus, with your first shot…

The iOS Williams app sends the full plunge to the upper flippers - from which I can make the Whitewater jackpot shot. Then, subsequent plunges go down the spine chiller ramp.

Is it not supposed to send the full plunge to the upper flipper? I thought the whole idea was that you could send the ball straight to the left flipper, scoring a bonus, with your first shot…

Maybe someone else can confirm but I'm pretty sure the full plunge sends it straight onto the playfield bypassing the upper pf and upper flipper.
The upper flipper area is supposed to be like a skill shot that you plunge lightly for.

Just PinballFX3 classic physics for some reason got it wrong. It goes the full distance on the other physics mode though. (I'm pretty sure the williams app is the same as PinballFX3 but a mobile version with restrictions?)

With a full plunge on Whitewater you can expect it to go SDTM (Straight Down the Middle). If the opto is working at the top then the game will detect this and start the ball save giving you the ball back (with ball save wave graphics on the DMD). If the opto is not working it just gives you the ball back (no switches activated) and the ball save is yet to be activated until a switch is registered by the game. Ball save time is normally very short on Whitewater.

No. I tried switching it on and it gave me the 'BANG BANG. Press "Enter" for Test Report" message.

I didn't have the coin door keys (obviously) as I was just visiting to play, so I figured it was switched off because something was broken.

Hello, Vee,

There probably was a fairly serious problem, for it to taken out of use, but White Water is one of the games noted for a 'false-alarm' Test Report. Unless a player has reached 'Big Foot Hot Foot' recently, and retrieved useful items from his cave, the switch 'BigFoot Cave' is reported, simply due to not having been hit for a while. A couple of its contemporaries also prone are Getaway (where it's Lock switches) and Judge Dredd (Trough optos, if no-one plays Super Game).

Last edited:
Hi Vivienne, good to see you on here :)

I play Whitewater quite a bit on FX3 Steam-PC and it always goes around the top with a full plunge but drops onto the upper flipper if the plunge is slightly lower.
I don't know if anyone on here is in the FX3 Williams league run by PPLBob but it's good fun if you like playing the tournaments.

Hi Vivienne, good to see you on here :)

I play Whitewater quite a bit on FX3 Steam-PC and it always goes around the top with a full plunge but drops onto the upper flipper if the plunge is slightly lower.
I don't know if anyone on here is in the FX3 Williams league run by PPLBob but it's good fun if you like playing the tournaments.

Hi Mike,
I used to run a PinballFX3 league on Reddit until a year ago and blame PinballFX3 for making me rediscover real pinball. ( Zen did an interview with me about it 😁https://zenstudios.com/news/community-heroes-david_vi-the-reddit-league-mastermind/ )

I'm pretty sure, (unless they patched it, but unlikely) on Classic single player the full plunge sends it to the upper flipper, but in normal single player it doesn't, it goes all the way to the flippers.
It's odd because 'Classic' is supposed to be their more realistic physics which they had to come up with when they acquired the Bally Williams licence as the normal single player physics is what they use for their original tables.

Edit, nothing made any sense😂

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
I used to run a PinballFX3 league on Reddit until a year ago and blame PinballFX3 for making me rediscover real pinball. ( Zen did an interview with me about it 😁https://zenstudios.com/news/community-heroes-david_vi-the-reddit-league-mastermind/ )

I'm pretty sure, (unless they patched it, but unlikely) on Classic single player the full plunge sends it to the upper flipper, but in normal single player it doesn't, it goes all the way to the flippers.
It's odd because 'Classic' is supposed to be their more realistic physics which they had to come up with when they acquired the Bally Williams licence as the normal single player physics is what they use for their original tables.

Edit, nothing made any sense😂
Okay. Continuing the off-topic, I was at Flip Out this afternoon and played on John’s White Water.

A full plunge sends the pinball down the ‘Spine Chiller’ ramp Straight Down the Middle. 99% of the time, I found that it *literally* went SDTM in an unstoppable drain. The ball save then kicked in and sent me another ball. Not sure whether that’s my rubbish play or there’s a problem with the ball guide.

A light plunge sent it to the upper flipper, at which point I could activate either the rapids or the whirlpool shot, and carry on with the game.

John - there are a bunch of other things wrong with your White Water right now :( Apparently (I didn’t see this), balls sometimes drop into the machine. The main things I personally noticed were a broken target to the left of the Spine Chiller ramp (which Mike pointed out to me), and the very poor illumination of the upper playfield. Unsure if there are some GI lights blown under the mountain range or whether you’re an incandescent lamp fanatic… Either way, it is VERY VERY dark.

There was also a Switch 58 Big Foot error when I arrived - this was the error that was being reported. I explained to Mike that someone had mentioned this on the forums and it was simply that this target hadn’t been hit for a long time. Thank you the person who mentioned this 😀

Sorry that I didn’t get to work on the machine further (e.g. to look into the lighting issue). I didn’t manage to get to the centre until 4:20pm.

A full plunge on my Whitewater will send the ball SDTM. I am pretty sure this is normal hence the ball save. You need to do a lighter plunge to drop the ball on the top playfield for the top flipper.

A full plunge on my Whitewater will send the ball SDTM. I am pretty sure this is normal hence the ball save. You need to do a lighter plunge to drop the ball on the top playfield for the top flipper.
My concern having now played the physical game in Flip Out, which @David_Vi also mentioned further up, is whether the ball should go *literally* SDTM or whether there should be an opportunity to catch the ball with the flippers.

My Fish Tales has a ball save for when the ball goes SDTM when it’s launched, but you expect to catch the ball on the flippers some of the time!!

It seems an odd design to have a full plunge lose the ball instantly every time!

I don’t know whether there’s a slight (literally millimetre) adjustment needed to the ramp, etc, to give the player the opportunity to do something useful with a full plunge shot.

Back
Top Bottom