What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

i also noticed that i was using literally the same avatar as someone else, so i've changed it now.
smile-1.png

vib_ribbon' date=' post: 1697696 said:
thanks for the reply.

after sleeping on it and watching a few more videos, i'm pretty sure that it's Pin Bot.
smile-1.png
i couldn't remember the speech, but the things in the middle that opens up and the lights that leads to it, i'm pretty sure that's how it was.

Pin bot is ace I played that quite a bit a few years ago
smile-1.png

Pudsey pinball' date=' post: 1696668 said:
Welcome Steve I'm in Leeds so not far and art of northern lights pinball crew come and say hello t show will be around the nba games over the wend!

nice meeting you down at ukpp and got tickets for northern lights so will see you there

Hi everyone
smile-1.png

I'm Darran Jones the editor of Retro Gamer magazine. We've been getting a lot of requests for pinball articles in the magazine, and after becoming hooked on Pinball Arcade, I'm looking at buying my own machine. Needless to say, I'd thought I'd come on here for some advice
smile-1.png

retrogamerdaz' date=' post: 1697785 said:
Hi everyone
smile-1.png

I'm Darran Jones the editor of Retro Gamer magazine. We've been getting a lot of requests for pinball articles in the magazine, and after becoming hooked on Pinball Arcade, I'm looking at buying my own machine. Needless to say, I'd thought I'd come on here for some advice
smile-1.png

Hiya Darran, and welcome !!! Feel free to ask any questions - there's some very knowledgeable people on here
smile-1.png

Personally i would advise visiting the show in Manchester - that way you get to play and learn what you like and done like. It's only a month or so away, and then you can make a call (unless you already have a pin in mind!)....

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the warm welcome
smile-1.png

I'd love a twilight zone table if I'm honest, but I want to take things slowly. I'm hoping to get a table for around £700 to start with, just to see if I'll actually play it fanatically. I'm having a big shed/office built next year, so the mrs said that if I look after the new table and actually play it, she'll let me consider a more extravagant table for my fortieth next August.

Time to start asking questions...

You can get a table for £700, maybe still a good idea to go to the show next month and play a few to know which takes your fancy. I needed buy in from the missus as ours sits in the kitchen, so drag her along too
wink-1.png

I bought mine and knew nothing about how they worked and had to fix the issues mine had from the day it arrived. This site was a great place to ask questions and someone will usually be able to help. If not there is 'The Legend', Andy for a house call.

Oh I'm definitely coming along to the event, as I have to cover it for the magazine. I might even give the pinball section more coverage this year
smile-1.png

retrogamerdaz' date=' post: 1697819 said:
Oh I'm definitely coming along to the event, as I have to cover it for the magazine. I might even give the pinball section more coverage this year
smile-1.png

Lol i thought you might, however didn't like to "presume"
biggrin-1.png

Daz

You're welcome to pop round to mine in Broadstone for some pinball. Got a TZ although the only one not working at the mo:(

Cheers

Greg

Hi - I know very little about pinball, but love the art on some of the machines. I'm thinking about printing and framing some of the case images. I love light and colour, (restore stain glass windows in my spare time). So just trawling t'internet...

Kylie SäinsMorgan' date=' post: 1698242 said:
Hi - I know very little about pinball, but love the art on some of the machines. I'm thinking about printing and framing some of the case images. I love light and colour, (restore stain glass windows in my spare time). So just trawling t'internet...

Hi Kylie ....I agree each machine reflects its own era so well. Do you have a collection of photography of the artwork? What era do you like?

Kylie SäinsMorgan' date=' post: 1698242 said:

You should check out www.ipdb.org the Internet Pinball database. Loads of pictures of machines on there, you can research which machines you want to print

jimmy55' date=' post: 1698244 said:
Hi Kylie ....I agree each machine reflects its own era so well. Do you have a collection of photography of the artwork? What era do you like?

Early '90s if I have to choose an era, but I like the old stuff too.

Hi Guys, My name is Dave and I too have a pinball addiction
biggrin-1.png
, I thought I had kicked the habit about 7 years ago sold all my machines for what I thought were reasonable prices to then come to the realisation that I do actually need them in my life and started buying some of them back at more than triple what I sold them for ha ha!! Never mind eh ;-) Ive bought a few recently and i'm now fortunate enough to have the storage room for a few more. Although I have owned a few in the past I still consider my self a bit of a pinball novice! One of the best things to come out of the sencond wind love of pinball is the hobby feels a lot less solitary now due to forums like this which I think is fantastic! I currently have a Congo, Junkyard and TOM. I'm actively on the hunt for GnR, Star Wars DE and my dream table a CV.

Cheers Dave

Welcome back into the fold. Sounds like you have really fallen off the wagon with your addiction
wink-1.png

Where abouts in the country are you?

Well and truly
biggrin-1.png
and it feels great!! Im based in Sunny Birmingham

GrizZ' date=' post: 1698963 said:
Welcome aboard soldier !

Good to have a Kilgore in the ranks
wink-1.png

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Makes a change not having to explain the name GrizZ ;-)

Im based in Sunny Birmingham

Welcome to the forum
biggrin-1.png
The UK league is a great place to meet up with other pinheads and the Midlands league (I'm in Nottingham) will be starting up again in November. Give me a shout if your interested and I can let you know who to contact.

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1698970 said:
Welcome to the forum
biggrin-1.png
The UK league is a great place to meet up with other pinheads and the Midlands league (I'm in Nottingham) will be starting up again in November. Give me a shout if your interested and I can let you know who to contact.

Sounds good, how does the league work?

The league, well if your me you play lots of pinball, come last and have a thoroughly great time doing it, hi by the way
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom