What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all,

Just joined.

My name is Ben and i'm 56 and live in Cleethorpes, N. Lincolnshire.Used to love playing on E M games in my youth and decided to buy one last year. Bought another old favourite 3 months ago and now i've just got another 2 , which are stored in a friends garage, as i neither have the space or bottle to tell the missus. The machines are all Gottliebs: Domino, Majorettes, Squareheads, King of Diamonds.Had work done on my first by Pinball Paradise in Blackpool and now probably need work on them all. Is there anyone nearer that is any good with E M's as i havent got much idea myself. There is nothing wrong with Pinball Paradise but at the moment the distance and the fact that i can only transport 2 machines makes the cost a bit prohibitive. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Ben
biggrin-1.png
There are plenty of people on here who know a thing or two about fixing pins so I'm sure someone will be able to help although it might be a case of pointing you in the right direction and you breaking out the hammers
wink-1.png

Hi Ben - Howdy !

EM experts seem to be a little thin on the ground. I know the guys down at the Pinball Parlour in Ramsgate know their stuff, but thats not much closer to you.

Andy @ Pinball Mania does have some EM's, though I'm not sure how much he does in the way of working on them - might be worth dropping him a line.

Might also be worth putting a shout out on the Yahoo UKPinball group ...see if anyone lives nearby and can help you out. There is also a Yahoo EM group.

Hello I'm Andrew

Always had an interest in pinball since I was a child but only recently had the real want to play - collect ! And now I'm a bit addicted. And I am looking for my first machine as now I have my own place and have the space for one
biggrin-1.png
!

Hi Andrew. Where do you live and do you know what your first machine is going to be? Someone on here will be able to answer most questions and make sure you get a good one. :)

I'm from Southampton, I was first looking for a FT or WH20 but now a TOM or a newer stern machine takes my fancy, I just want a game that will last but ATM I'm no pinball wizard.

Welcome to the forum Andrew
biggrin-1.png
I'd recommend coming to the UK Pinball Party in August so you can try out a load of different pins. It should help you with choosing your first one...and there will probably be a few for sale as well. All the details are here.....

http://www.ukpinballparty.com/

Hey, I'm Michael. I recently got into pinball through Pinball Arcade (Don't laugh!)

I live in Southampton, I'm trying to track down tables to play in local pubs, and was recently let down by a french ferry company swapping their copy of Medevil Madness for a Stern Playboy.

I really want to get a table soon, just need to find one that I like for <£500
smile-1.png

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry you're not the first and certainly won't be the last to get in to pinball through using Pinball Arcade.
biggrin-1.png

Not quite local and unfortunately we don't have a bar, but it may interest you to know that we already have a couple of lads travelling up from Southampton to our Friday night pinball club at Special When Lit in Salisbury. http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/index.html :cool:

Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while round these parts. I'm Andrew from Southampton (not to be confused with the above Andrew from Southampton - coincidence much!).

Always had an interest with pins, but got into it a lot more recently. Went to the Slam earlier this year which was a great proper introduction to a ton of machines I'd not played.

Trying to get up to Salisbury for Special When Lit most weeks, have built a computer pinball cabinet for home use so most of my practice during the week is done on Visual Pinball. A 'real' machine will come soon enough hopefully!

Attending the Pinball Party on the Saturday and Sunday this year and have (bravely?) entered the Saturday open tournament - not expecting to do too well as a newbie but welcome the experience.

Michael' date=' post: 1696548 said:
Hey, I'm Michael. I recently got into pinball through Pinball Arcade (Don't laugh!)

I live in Southampton, I'm trying to track down tables to play in local pubs, and was recently let down by a french ferry company swapping their copy of Medevil Madness for a Stern Playboy.

I really want to get a table soon, just need to find one that I like for <£500
smile-1.png

Hello Michael! As Peter said, if you're able to come down to Salisbury to Special When Lit that'd make 3 Southampton-ers! Great fun.

Welcome to the forum Andrew
smile-1.png

If your at the UKPP on Sunday then I'd definitely recommend having a go in the Classics tourney as well
smile-1.png
I'm there all weekend myself so will see you there.

I'll definitely be making a trip to Special When Lit
smile-1.png
Can't be more than a few quid on the train.

Probably on the 24th, as I have late work shifts on the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and I think I spotted a Family Guy pinball in Que Pasa, on Above Bar St, Southampton.

Hello Michael

And I'm the other Andrew from Southampton. Only just recently got myself into pinball and I would recommed special when lit its a great place to play lots of pins!

Il have to check out that family guy pin!

Even better, I noticed a Stern Pirates in The Hobbit yesterday. I'm sure that one is well known though
smile-1.png

Hi all, have been lurking around for a while and as i'm going to the show this weekend thought i'd better introduce myself. The name is Steve and i'm from East Yorkshire, approx 30 miles east of York. Enjoyed pins back in my teens and always said that one day I would get a pool table, bandit and pinball machine. Pool table is probably 'out of the window' due to size and space but at last I have managed to get a pin. Has been a long and hard journey finding one at the right price/condition/available and very nearly gave up the quest however spoke to my mate Percy Vere and he said stick with it as it will happen one day but just be wary of buying anything fron Ben Dover as you might get a surprise! Hobbies are collecting, chasing sheep (expensive as wellies soon wear out), and now pinball. Got 1 so now looking for number 2, 3, 4, as many as I can sneak into the house and shed. Oh nearly forgot on the same side as mufcmufc, come on you reds.

Cheers

Steve

Welcome Steve I'm in Leeds so not far and art of northern lights pinball crew come and say hello t show will be around the nba games over the wend!

Hi Steve

My mate lives in a village near Sledmere called West Lutton. Not sure if that's far from you. But unbeknown to him at this stage, he will be receiving a Williams swords of Fury pinball machine as a wedding gift in about 2 months, so I'm sure you'll be welcome to drop in there and have a game. He also knows his way around a circuit board so if you have any electronic dramas he may be able to assist!!

Probably see ya on Saturday then.

Gaz

Welcome to the forum Steve
biggrin-1.png
What pin have you got...you didn't mention in your post
wink-1.png

Oh nearly forgot on the same side as mufcmufc, come on you reds.

You were doing ok until this point, as a Leeds fan all I can say is.....Boooooooooooooo
wink-1.png

he will be receiving a Williams swords of Fury pinball machine as a wedding gift in about 2 months

You got it then, nice one fella
biggrin-1.png
He is gonna f*cking love it! His new missus might not be so happy though.....LIONMAN!!!!!!!

You got it then, nice one fella He is gonna f*cking love it! His new missus might not be so happy though.....LIONMAN!!!!!!!

Ha ha, yes mate. It'll be available to play at Daventry until Saturday evening. I reckon his missus will be right ****ed off when she finds that about 6 of her wedding gifts have been ****ed off in favour of this!! Ha ha. Oh well, she'll get over it!

Oh and I love the way my ****ing swear words are automatically ****ing bleeped out. That's a ****ing brilliant idea. Ha ha. Sorry Paul! Just testing it works. ;-)

Pudsey pinball' date=' post: 1696668 said:
Welcome Steve I'm in Leeds so not far and art of northern lights pinball crew come and say hello t show will be around the nba games over the wend!

Cheers, will do. Coming down on the Friday so will look out for you.

Gaz Shiells' date=' post: 1696670 said:
Hi Steve

My mate lives in a village near Sledmere called West Lutton. Not sure if that's far from you. But unbeknown to him at this stage, he will be receiving a Williams swords of Fury pinball machine as a wedding gift in about 2 months, so I'm sure you'll be welcome to drop in there and have a game. He also knows his way around a circuit board so if you have any electronic dramas he may be able to assist!!

Probably see ya on Saturday then.

Gaz

Hi Gaz, West Lutton is probably 10/12 miles away from me so not far but in middle of the countryside so takes ages to get there. I notice that you say "he will be receiving" rather than they will so wasn't on the wedding list then? Not a clue with electronics so might be contacting him sometime. I'm down Fri/Sat so will look out for you. Cheers Steve

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1696672 said:
Welcome to the forum Steve
biggrin-1.png
What pin have you got...you didn't mention in your post
wink-1.png

Not a top pin but having fun on it - JackBot

You were doing ok until this point, as a Leeds fan all I can say is.....Boooooooooooooo
wink-1.png

Lol
smile-1.png

You got it then, nice one fella
biggrin-1.png
He is gonna f*cking love it! His new missus might not be so happy though.....LIONMAN!!!!!!!

Gaz Shiells' date=' post: 1696675 said:
You got it then, nice one fella He is gonna f*cking love it! His new missus might not be so happy though.....LIONMAN!!!!!!!

Ha ha, yes mate. It'll be available to play at Daventry until Saturday evening. I reckon his missus will be right ****ed off when she finds that about 6 of her wedding gifts have been ****ed off in favour of this!! Ha ha. Oh well, she'll get over it!

Was going to look at this at the show but nice to know that it isn't going to be too far away so might get a few a few games on it!

Adrian Hufton' date=' post: 1695424 said:
Hi folks, i've not posted here so i thought i would just introduce myself.

My name is Adrian (Adie please), i live in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, 46 years old and work full time (Global data controller) and part time as a DJ (pinball money!!) I used to play when i was a young lad, they had a pinbot and then a Jokerz in the local pub.

I never really thought much about pinball until a year or so ago when me and a guy from my office were talking fond memories about youth and pinball came up.

I've got a fruit machine, a arcade cab with the jamma games and a pachinko machine i bought the kids so i suppose i had to get the best toy ever.

I looked on ebay and just got it in my head to get a TAF, I too bought from Rodger airplane who was a perfect gent, a bit over priced maybe but one year on who cares. The fun is priceless!! i play it every day and touch wood it has never let me down.

Just waiting for my TZ to arrive ( i only had room for one pin!!) i don't think it will be my last. Going to the party in August, attending the dinner and staying over, hope to say hi to lots from the group.

Addicted? oh yes, i'm most happy when i drag someone round to relive their youth and see the smile on their face.

See you all in August.

Adie

Look out for me mate - find the yellow hat and say Hi - i know Jim Bibby knows ya
smile-1.png

Hey,

Im Paul and Im based in Horsham.

Ive recently picked up a JP and am putting in the time to make it suitable for trade once I conquer it. It needs some love so it could take some time.

Im an arcade player from the early 90s, so my memorable tables are the usual such as IJ, TZ and TAF. However, I have a personal soft spot for LW4, Tommy and, for some reason, Maverick which I managed to master in the summer of 95.

And, yes, Im probably one of the hundreds of people who has enquired about rescuing the TAF from under Brighton Pier. Its one of four absolute stinkers in bars in the Brighton area!

Cheers

Paul

Back
Top Bottom