What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Tariffs push pinball prices up 25%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
a few posts on flippermarkt now pricing pro's at 8100 euros!1

Well - when last checked the U.K. global tariff still say at 0%

Yup UKGT still says 0 from 1st Jan. U.K. current still says 25%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just had a browse at Freddies and Pinball Universe and noticed that there were no new titles advertised. No AIQ or G&R at all.

I do wonder if they've stopped shipments and are just selling stock left over? It does seem like the good news for Pinball Heaven if the tariff for the UK goes to zero in a month. Maybe Nigel Farage is a pinhead and saw it all coming?

I don’t think pinball universe or Freddie’s got any avengers I think only one shipment went to Italy from stern after the tariff date I know no other eu distributor have shipped anything from stern since the tariff s started I also think same with jack
Hopefully it will all go back to normal after we leave but I wouldn’t hold my breath I suspect eu distributor s will be crying if ph does ship to the eu
Payback time I say

PH can’t ship to the EU.

If he does the country of origin kicks in and the tariff is still due.

Hello everyone. I have just joined the site and this is my first post. I have just got the last Infinity Quest Pro from Phil. Did the deal on the phone, Phil seems a top bloke and can’t wait to play it.
EU can stick their tariffs up their Champs Elysse.

Hello everyone. I have just joined the site and this is my first post. I have just got the last Infinity Quest Pro from Phil. Did the deal on the phone, Phil seems a top bloke and can’t wait to play it.
EU can stick their tariffs up their Champs Elysse.

You won't be disappointed. I have the Pro here and it will keep you busy for a very long time.

It's straight from Phil too and hasn't skipped a beat.

And of course welcome 👍👍

PH can’t ship to the EU.

If he does the country of origin kicks in and the tariff is still due.

I didnt think that applied if Tax and Duty had originally been paid...??

Much like VAT - you only pay it once... (in theory!!)

I didnt think that applied if Tax and Duty had originally been paid...??

Much like VAT - you only pay it once... (in theory!!)

in the EU yes but we won't be in the EU.

Interesting article and it seems unsurprisingly this latest tarrif is being used as another pawn in a greater trade deal battle with the US. Important note that Airbus concerns don’t disappear on 1st Jan for Uk as we are part of a 4 country partnership

Quote from article :

Legal experts say the issue may test complex theories over the responsibilities of states in international law. Britain is both a departing member of the EU and, separately, one of four partner nations to Airbus alongside France, Germany and Spain.

Britain is expected to argue that it inherited the right to impose tariffs under rules of state succession, because it suffered harm from the U.S. subsidies covered by the case.”

The reason the EU slapped the tarrif on is because the US did the same thing and did it first. This all started over Boeing and Airbus and grants and subsidies.

As Airbus operates sites in the UK and has a stake in the company, I would imagine the UK are indeed weighing up siding with the EU to support Airbus.

As Boeing had a giant turd with the 747 Max it will be interesting to see how much the US will back them, whichever adminstration it is, although one would think a Biden adminstration with less of the America First rhetoric may actually provide a breath of fresh air at the negotiating table.

Will just have to wait and see!

Sent from my Atari 2600

someone I work with was going to see if he could place a bet with william hill on Joe biden dying within the first year of being president,morbid I know but i think he has a point

Not looking good at all, I don’t buy new machines so that does not bother me but obviously not good for the hobby as a whole. But do buy a lot of parts from the states like CPR, Comet as other bits and bobs and the current duties are bad enough I couldn’t imagine 25% on top as well. Plus will all parts like from Pinball Heaven, Pinball Mania go up 25% once current stocks are exhausted?

Whole situation sucks. If this hobby was not stupidly expensive enough already.

Might be time to find an American friend to reship stuff $25 “alarm clock” :)

I would expect in order for us to trade with europe we would need to keep trade guidelines in line with the rest of europe. The eurozone will not allow us to stay in the club and trade and at the same time be more competitive than them.

If this doesn’t get resolved are jjp and stern and spooky going to drop their prices 30% to uk and eu. i doubt it, but you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No two ways about it. This is bad news for the hobby and everyone involved in it.

It's ridiculously expensive as it is and a quarter more expense on top will be enough to exclude quite a few.

No two ways about it. This is bad news for the hobby and everyone involved in it.

It's ridiculously expensive as it is and a quarter more expense on top will be enough to exclude quite a few.
If no more machines are imported will that raise prices on the used market?

I can see a hiatus where machines just pile up in the usa waiting for the tarrif to drop. could be a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom