What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Tariffs push pinball prices up 25%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Sorry missed the Beatles part - pretty sure Beatles is in stock here in the U.K. so you will be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you'll love it, if your a Beatles fan, it will look awesome in your home matey :) It's a good pin, nothing wrong with it at all, just a bit pricey, that's all.
Thank you! And in fairness, it was where Phil was coming from as well.

As a child of the sixties and seventies youth, EM style pins were my era, and I do very much like the Beatles, even though a Ramones pin would be even better. :)

Excited!

The tariffs for this category in the U.K. are set - they will return to 0 from Jan 1st - the deal with the EU has no impact to this. The only thing that could change this is an extension to transition period which is absolutely not going to happen as it’s political suicide for Boris.

Dubi - Phil still has plenty of games on stock but suspect they are more desirable ahead of Xmas so I’d get on the blower to him.

Neil, the deal has already been done! Phil's even looking into the possibility of delivery by tomorrow!! (And the alternative I was after wouldn't be in stock),

edit: delivery confirmed for tmo, just 24 hrs from time of order, just how good is that?

Last edited:
beatles is a great game if it was at a sensible price I'd have one.

Yeah Beatles is a great game, very much a just one more game game.

when I was in Texas last year in the cidercade beatles was the game that got the most games put on it. Also when Atlantis on here had his Beatles it was the the one I put most games on, even though he had 18 other top games to pick from (inc deadpool, ghostbusters, Metallica, batman66, iron maiden etc etc)

as said, if it was better priced i would have one.
enjoy it 👍

Hyperball awaits your e commerce online shop.
Will you be following a similar trend and popping in a sweet treat with orders 🤣
No sugar cubes I am afraid, I may have some oxo in the cuboard :p - can do paypal business and probably ship tomorrow. If you know what you want,PM me and I can price up.

I don't expect this remain but it will certainly give the second hand market a shot in the arm.

I don't expect this remain but it will certainly give the second hand market a shot in the arm.
For U.K. I expect very little to change providing the U.K. Global Tariff situation remains the same. That being that in January we revert to normal and games will be landing very soon into the new year and it’s business as usual.

For EU customers. Who knows.

So... I was buying games in Germany, Austria and Poland... I suppose I will be buying in the UK now... When it comes to new games, I'm a business customer, so VAT invoice and net price is my preferred method of buying. I have a business registered in Poland (EU) and a valid VAT ID. I would assume that UK still works more/less the same as it did when it was part of the EU, therefore I would expect to be able to buy a machine in the UK with delivery to Poland without any duty. If any dealers are reading this, please kindly PM me to discuss my options. Thank you!

No it won’t make any difference. It’s not a VAT issue it’s an import duty issue - it’s not avoidable in the way VAT is.

Getting games from the U.K. won’t stop this charge as the origin of the game is the USA.

VAT will be dependent on the exit agreement to some extent but I expect you’ll have to find a retailer that will work with you to not pay VAT per the existing duty free process and then you’d pay VAT at the import point then claim it back. Not sure it will be so easy to find a retailer that wants that agro!

For the EU I expect the earliest that these might be changed is February/March time when Biden has his feet under the desk and pulls the tariffs on EU goods. But it could go on longer - Biden has a lot to deal with covid in the US.

Pretty sure once the orange twat that started all these trade wars is out, normal democratic procedures will start and the USA and EU will come back to previous arrangements.

Obviously a turbulent time for our European pinheads until then however!

Sent from my Atari 2600

If shipping electronic parts etc are there other codes that could be used instead to avoid this temp hike? I’m not familiar with all the codes and terminology here

Pretty sure once the orange twat that started all these trade wars is out, normal democratic procedures will start and the USA and EU will come back to previous arrangements.

Obviously a turbulent time for our European pinheads until then however!

Sent from my Atari 2600
Not a chance, Sleepy Joe will be hiking taxes as soon as possible. It's all there on buildbackbetter.com

Hiking taxes is very different to ending a trade war.
the tariffs imposed by the US are effectively a tax on imports, they won't want to lose the revenue. When we have a trade agreement with USA in place (and we will) it'll be cheap Levis, Harleys & pinball all round...

we won’t have anything cheaper. if anything we’re going to see VAT at 25%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The government should be thinking about reducing it to 15% not putting it up but I won’t be holding my breath.

and they should increasing their threshold for vat on imports to £500 not £15

Back
Top Bottom