What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Tariffs push pinball prices up 25%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Is it not a 5% increase? Ie, a change from the standard 20% VAT to 25% ?

Last edited:
Would this not mean that the UK would be a hot source for pinball stuff for EU from next year? i.e. if you were living in France or Germany it would work out cheaper to buy from @philpalmer than directly or via a local distributor? Or am I oversimplifying it?

If PH (or anywhere else) has an endless supply on the shelf already, otherwise he will be buying stock from USA

Would this not mean that the UK would be a hot source for pinball stuff for EU from next year? i.e. if you were living in France or Germany it would work out cheaper to buy from @philpalmer than directly or via a local distributor? Or am I oversimplifying it?
Ye pay back time for pinball universe and Freddie

The U.K. has left the eu from jan 2020.
We are only keeping existing rules to prevent a mess until a deal is done, but you could argue, as the gov website says that the U.K. HAS left the eu, the UK is not stupid and arrogant enough to impose a 25% fee on top of vat. It’s tax on tax and doesn’t make sense.

There is no guarantee what will be in place in the coming months.
We can speculate but realistically, I think we know the 25% will be renegotiated, how long talks will take is the issue facing both EU + US.

Yeah I stand corrected. The full text is linked there too: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32020R1646&qid=1605186955779 due to a trade spat with the USA

Don't want to get all political about it, but once we're a trading nation of 65 million people (rather than a trading block of 450 million people) then seems likely we've got a much weaker hand in any negotiations, but we'll see soon enough!
Have a look at this document, it’s lists the EU countries, the U.K. or GB is not there

The U.K. has left the eu from jan 2020.
We are only keeping existing rules to prevent a mess until a deal is done, but you could argue, as the gov website says that the U.K. HAS left the eu, the UK is not stupid and arrogant enough to impose a 25% fee on top of vat. It’s tax on tax and doesn’t make sense.
I don’t think I would like to take the risk

Yeah I stand corrected. The full text is linked there too: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32020R1646&qid=1605186955779 due to a trade spat with the USA

Don't want to get all political about it, but once we're a trading nation of 65 million people (rather than a trading block of 450 million people) then seems likely we've got a much weaker hand in any negotiations, but we'll see soon enough!
Paul - huh?! We have 450M people now but what say do we have in the EU doing this? ZERO - they have no accountability but can just decide this BS without anyone in any country giving them a mandate to do so. its total nonsense.

When we are out, at least we can go and hassle BoJo or what ever nut job labour has as leader and say - oi - you - NOOOOOO!!!! and decide with our votes and lobby and consult.

Neil.

Have a look at this document, it’s lists the EU countries, the U.K. or GB is not there
am I blind? - where does it list countries? it lists langauges you can download the document in (of which EN is one of them).

I stand corrected then. Surely if we have left the eu, then how can they still impose their laws on us?

No because the duty still applies. It means selling games in Europe just got 25% more expensive for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I stand corrected then. Surely if we have left the eu, then how can they still impose their laws on us?
Here's the regulations:

Unless I'm reading this wrong and if UK is indeed out (which we are) then this would just apply to Europe, however you do have the EU-third country trade agreements until 31 December 2020.
Its still risky...... I'd call HMRC.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54877337
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32020R1646&from=EN

Edit: This clears it up.....

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries

Last edited:
I bet people who have machines stored at coinopwarehouse are cacking their pants!
The code for these “games with screens” is not on the list of additional tariff items. Which is what the container will be declared as.
Seems to good time to be leaving the EU. Escargot anyone?

Last edited:
Ok let's keep it simple. What is the earliest date next year that something can be shipped from the states without paying 25%? If the answer is "I don't know" so be it.

^^^ The only two people who can seriously answer that are Bo-job and Cup of Joe - with the help of Chancellor / Congress of course......

Last edited:
Well, as a newbie without a pin, and having spoken to Phil just the other day asking if he'd kindly put me on his christmas list for a Stern Santa Special, this announcement today came today as a bit of a blow, especially as I found out today that I also expect to have a lot of time on my hands over the next 4 weeks.

What to do?

As I explained on the newbie thread, originally, I couldn't help leaning towards the Beatles pin (yes, I know...). Having already tried to talk me out of buying one on Monday, Phil did his best again today, but caved in. Hopefully to arrive very soon.

Says something about a retailer being a community member and enthusiast, I guess.

Thanks Phil, and please keep me on your Santa's list.

Well, as a newbie without a pin, and having spoken to Phil just the other day asking if he'd kindly put me on his christmas list for a Stern Santa Special, this announcement today came today as a bit of a blow, especially as I found out today that I also expect to have a lot of time on my hands over the next 4 weeks.

What to do?

As I explained on the newbie thread, originally, I couldn't help leaning towards the Beatles pin (yes, I know...). Having already tried to talk me out of buying one on Monday, Phil did his best again today, but caved in. Hopefully to arrive very soon.

Says something about a retailer being a community member and enthusiast, I guess.

Thanks Phil, and please keep me on your Santa's list.
I think you'll love it, if your a Beatles fan, it will look awesome in your home matey :) It's a good pin, nothing wrong with it at all, just a bit pricey, that's all.

The tariffs for this category in the U.K. are set - they will return to 0 from Jan 1st - the deal with the EU has no impact to this. The only thing that could change this is an extension to transition period which is absolutely not going to happen as it’s political suicide for Boris.

Dubi - Phil still has plenty of games on stock but suspect they are more desirable ahead of Xmas so I’d get on the blower to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom