What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new STTNG

Well not new exactly but certainly new to me.

I've included a video as it's easier than uploading pictures for me and stops me writing an essay!!!! 😎

Out of interest how much would it cost to get it cleaned, working, LED's & generally pimped up?

https:/9GCc0lRNR-Q/youtu.b

Nice machine
Was that on gumtree for 1500£ and after you could offer him?
You should Buy a cliffy for the neutral zone.
I bought myone from ebay there is a portugese guy who selling it. 1xpopeye and one star trek was 22£ with postage.
Best wishes
Baz

Thanks so much, that's really kind of you. I do appreciate all of the help that I've been offered on here.

I am incredibly excited. It's all gone so quickly since deciding to finally purchase a pin. The buzz of getting the Popeye was brilliant and all of the family got involved.

Having since purchased the Jackbot from somebody who clearly looked after their machines I've come to realise how poorly maintained the Popeye is. The flippers are weak, and there are broken parts all over the place and the balls are ancient. That being said it served it's purpose and proved to me that Pinball was a hobby I'd like to pursue.

As for the 'head box/back box thingy' on the STTNG, I was going to try and copy the wiring on the Popeye and use it as a guide.
If you need help for the backbox I did several pictures about the wiring when I undid mine.
Dont forget to do the tieback!

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_185240.jpg
    IMG_20190414_185240.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20191110_153708_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110_153708_com.android.chrome.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190103_162147.jpg
    IMG_20190103_162147.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 13
I bought myone from ebay there is a portugese guy who selling it. 1xpopeye and one star trek was 22£ with postage.
Best wishes
Baz
I bought one from him and ended up throwing in the bin, totally trashed it trying to fit. Seemed very flimsy and easily damaged.
I will try a proper Cliffy when one is in stock somewhere.

Nice machine
Was that on gumtree for 1500£ and after you could offer him?
Best wishes
Baz

Yes that's the one, he needed it gone asap and luckily I have a van and was reasonably local.

I have got the cliffy already but thanks for the advice.

I'm highly addicted to the ramp shots and love the game. I'm going to sell my Popeye and get something with more ramps 😉

yes pinball dreams are very reliable. I've ordered three sets of gold blades from them. Very fast shipping.

I bought one from him and ended up throwing in the bin, totally trashed it trying to fit. Seemed very flimsy and easily damaged.
May I ask the price what you pay for it?
I offered him 1800£ I think you payed more.
Thanks
Baz

I wouldn’t bother. Totally ruins the entry to the neutral zone. More balls will bounce back than will go in.

I wouldn’t bother. Totally ruins the entry to the neutral zone. More balls will bounce back than will go in.
One of the reasons I took it out as well it being a bit buckled although I straightened it back.
Yes actually I will leave it as there is no way I’m going to put much more wear on it anyway👍

Whitewater must have the best looking ramps but for some fast ramp action got to be Fish Tales 🎣

This is good to know, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for either of the above in the new year.

I think playing TOM for 20 odd years has made me a bit ramptastic . . . . maybe that's why I didn't get along with the Jackbot

It's complicated mate but not far off that. Once he knew that I was a plumber a deal was brokered 😉
Ok Im happy it went to a good home.
I bought myone in february for 1900£.
But need some TLC. I will do it next year.
I saw yours in a very good condition.
You were lucky.
Anyway how is the color dmd?
Best wishes
Baz

Ok Im happy it went to a good home.
I bought myone in february for 1900£.
But need some TLC. I will do it next year.
I saw yours in a very good condition.
You were lucky.
Anyway how is the color dmd?
Best wishes
Baz

I love it Baz.

We can get caught up in our little pinball bubble sometimes.

However my friend popped over last week and the first thing he noticed was the screen.

It was interesting to hear his opinion because he knows nothing at all about pinball. He thought the colour dmd made a lot of difference to the allure of the machine and played for a good 45 mins.

I love it Baz.

We can get caught up in our little pinball bubble sometimes.

However my friend popped over last week and the first thing he noticed was the screen.

It was interesting to hear his opinion because he knows nothing at all about pinball. He thought the colour dmd made a lot of difference to the allure of the machine and played for a good 45 mins.
Have you done video about the lcd screen?

Have you done video about the lcd screen?

Not yet mate.

To be honest I have a video planned for the actual game-play. I make videos as a part-time job on a freelance basis and have a lot of cameras.

Ideally I'd like to get a lot of cameras in side the machine to get create a 'ball cam' type effect to edit in to the overall video.

Clearly the shape of the pinball is a pain in the **** to film but my mate makes films for Amazon & Netflix and he has a few really good ideas.

Not yet mate.

To be honest I have a video planned for the actual game-play. I make videos as a part-time job on a freelance basis and have a lot of cameras.

Ideally I'd like to get a lot of cameras in side the machine to get create a 'ball cam' type effect to edit in to the overall video.

Clearly the shape of the pinball is a pain in the **** to film but my mate makes films for Amazon & Netflix and he has a few really good ideas.
Im looking forward the video.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that. I'll ask martin.

Back
Top Bottom