What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new STTNG

Cheers Jim.

I must admit that the electronics fill me with dread & horror. I have zero understanding of any of that side of things.

That being said I'm happy to spend £60 if it will help things run better. Does it come with instructions for idiots?

Yes its pretty straight forward install, though i'm sure martin could fit for you if needs be. Many other people here use them to. It will help in the long run if you want to add powered mods etc. As the original power board is best left to do what it was designed for, not have to deal with a whole load of extra things to. Just some advice anyway. I can send you the instructions via pm if want to see whats involved.

They take 2 minutes to fit - did my STTNG last week and my Road show just today. I screw, two push pins and screw in a board to the backbox, job done.

No more resets, particularly on STTNG with mods!

I guarantee you will already have a 1/4 inch spinner....

These are supplied in most screwdriver bit sets as well as with power tools.

Just take the bit out.

Yes its pretty straight forward install, though i'm sure martin could fit for you if needs be. Many other people here use them to. It will help in the long run if you want to add powered mods etc. As the original power board is best left to do what it was designed for, not have to deal with a whole load of extra things to. Just some advice anyway. I can send you the instructions via pm if want to see whats involved.

Thanks Jim, if I order tonight can you have it to me before Thursday please?

Also just to be clear that I should order the 'Mod Power Expander Board for WPC and WPC-95 Games' ?

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, if I order tonight can you have it to me before Thursday please?

Also just to be clear that I should order the 'Mod Power Expander Board for WPC and WPC-95 Games' ?

Yes and yes. The only thing you need to decide is if you want the 5v and 12v option or just 12v . It’s if you want to run different powered mods as some run at 5v not 12v

Yes and yes. The only thing you need to decide is if you want the 5v and 12v option or just 12v . It’s if you want to run different powered mods as some run at 5v not 12v

Great. I'll order one in a bit.

Out of interest would I run additional lighting from it too? I want to add a few extra and also customize some of my own mods?

Love the “lollipop is just a sweetener” and check out those superbrights!!!!
:rofl:

I’m engaged with your progress now, all this work - hope it boots up! [emoji16]

I’m engaged with your progress now, all this work - hope it boots up! [emoji16]

Cheers Andy ..... that wouldn't be funny.

Anyway, I have an answer on 'lollipopgate'...... basically the flipper rubbers won't be delivered for another few weeks so clearly there was a bit of 'buttering-up' going on.

I shall save the bribery confectionery for the inaugural game.

In other news Jim's thingyamy wotsit arrived promptly and beautifully packed (Alas no lolly 😟).
20191112_120733.jpg

No it’s not! Get it all together - I want to see the video of it going bang.... I mean booting up perfectly [emoji6]
That colour dmd is easy to fit, may as well download the necessary update onto a USB ready.
It’s going to be great by the looks of it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently purchased an STTNG and everything is up and working and bought a bunch of new plastics. Interested to see how you get on with the LEDs as that's my next job.

No it’s not! Get it all together - I want to see the video of it going bang.... I mean booting up perfectly [emoji6]
That colour dmd is easy to fit, may as well download the necessary update onto a USB ready.
It’s going to be great by the looks of it [emoji106]

I think they sent a 55" plasma tv instead of the dmd 😉

Cheers Andy ..... that wouldn't be funny.

Anyway, I have an answer on 'lollipopgate'...... basically the flipper rubbers won't be delivered for another few weeks so clearly there was a bit of 'buttering-up' going on.

I shall save the bribery confectionery for the inaugural game.

In other news Jim's thingyamy wotsit arrived promptly and beautifully packed (Alas no lolly 😟).
View attachment 96970
Fitted one to my TZ my colour dmd runs off this power supply and my topper Best decision you’ve made.

Colour DMD is the best upgrade money can buy. Expensive but worth every penny..

I genuinely prefer the orange dmd, it looks inventive when you see what the programmers can create using just orange and black. On a hd lcd screening I think it looks stupid as it’s the bottom end of what’s possible on an lcd display.
Personal preference though at the end of the day.

that's why going for the LED version works so well.

I couldn't go back to monochrome.

Ahhhh, so it's basically a separate power supply.

totally independent, I found the instructions very easy, I opted for the 5v 12v version was handy for the topper which needed both voltage.

A must add on to any modded Pin

Back
Top Bottom