What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

low reflective glass order 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Andrew Broom, 2 x standard.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok good news is that we've hit the number needed on standards to make this worthwhile. Just need two more wide-bodies or the price might increase a little.

Can you check what I have for you here:

I will close this order in a week's time and then confirm final price and then start to collect the wonga from you.

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS _NOW_ IS. THE TIME TO PLACE YOUR ORDER - Next opportunity will be most likely be this time next year.

Cheers,
Neil.

ok good news is that we've hit the number needed on standards to make this worthwhile. Just need two more wide-bodies or the price might increase a little.

Can you check what I have for you here:

I will close this order in a week's time and then confirm final price and then start to collect the wonga from you.

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS _NOW_ IS. THE TIME TO PLACE YOUR ORDER - Next opportunity will be most likely be this time next year.

Cheers,
Neil.

Hi Neil - I will take a wide body please for our Williams Indy Jones . Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Neil,
If you would be kind enough to put me on the list, I would like a few as well.
Cristian Boudi 7X Standard and 1X Wide

Cheers,
Chris

ok guys after speaking with colywobbles tonight I believe he did a glass run on the last lot Neil brought in dropping glass at service stations all the way up the M1 meeting members along the way to drop their glass.

In light of this I need several pieces of glass so im going to offer the same service, I will be picking the glass up from Neil and coming back up the M1/A1 all the ways to Leeds and then down to burnley... if I don't have people on this route I may change and come back up the m6 and do the other side but will confirm this dependant on demand.

I will be fetching it a secure 18mm ply box , it will work like this we will look at a service station on the given route where we can meet, I will call you 30 mins before I get there we will meet and you can get your glass and onwards il go to the next drop.

As you can appreciate to lump the glass about, fuel and my time I would appreciate a donation/tip for dropping your order.

please pm me directly if you want to be put down on the list for me collecting you're glass, I will compile a spreadsheet of the drops and be in touch once everything is sorted including day etc

if you aren't on my route eg up north I can hold the glass at my house and you can collect at your convenience (obviously in a timely manner) again a donation would be appreciated

thanks Paul

Last edited:
ok guys after speaking with colywobbles tonight I believe he did a glass run on the last lot Neil brought in dropping glass at service stations all the way up the M1 meeting members along the way to drop their glass.

In light of this I need several pieces of glass so im going to offer the same service, I will be picking the glass up from Neil and coming back up the M1/A1 all the ways to Leeds and then down to burnley... if I don't have people on this route I may change and come back up the m6 and do the other side but will confirm this dependant on demand.

I will be fetching it a secure 18mm ply box , it will work like this we will look at a service station on the given route where we can meet, I will call you 30 mins before I get there we will meet and you can get your glass and onwards il go to the next drop.

As you can appreciate to lump the glass about, fuel and my time I would appreciate a donation of £10 per sheet of glass collected.

please pm me directly if you want to be put down on the list for me collecting you're glass, I will compile a spreadsheet of the drops and be in touch once everything is sorted including day etc

if you aren't on my route eg up north I can hold the glass at my house and you can collect at your convenience (obviously in a timely manner) again a donation of £10 per sheet for this also applies

thanks Paul
I think Neil has glass orders available till Monday so if this collection service allows you to order some glass please get your order to Neil and let me know you want it collecting cheers Paul

ok so im getting pm's flooding in so looks like this is going to be useful for folk , I have a big drop off in Leeds so my route will be , up the m1/a1 to Leeds then down m62 to bury and then back to burnley... now for the guys on the west of the country I think within a week of the collection I could tie in a drop offs from burnley to Birmingham, im due to do a trip down there for business so could service people from burnley to Preston then Preston to Birmingham...

any questions just ask cheers Paul

Sorry but I’m not going to accept this. £10 per sheet for delivery is outrageous - it doesn’t even cost that much to get it from Europe. £10 per visit seems way more reasonable.

So please Think again!

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry but I’m not going to accept this. £10 per sheet for delivery is outrageous - it doesn’t even cost that much to get it from Europe. £10 per visit seems way more reasonable.

So please Think again!

Neil.

It's a suggested donation Neil not a charge... If someone wants to pick mine up I'd quite happily donate a tenner a sheet to bugger about collecting meeting and dropping off

So please Think again!

Neil.

I thought it was a fair offer and completely down to each person whether they want to pay for this service or not.

Ok I’m going to start charging a ten quid per sheet handover fee for any bulk collectors.

I thought it was a fair offer and completely down to each person whether they want to pay for this service or not.
Thank you I'm not in it to make money nor mug people off... There would be 2 of us coming down to handle the glass that's 2 missed days at work, hire of a van, fuel, cost to fabricate a wood box to transport safe, not to mention a 6 am start and prob midnight finish... Geez I'm trying to help people last time col collected for people he got a few that gave him nowt which isn't fair so I merely saying a donation would be welcome

Ok I’m going to start charging a ten quid per sheet handover fee for any bulk collectors.

Why you being like this Neil I'm trying to get this glass to people that can't make it worth while for coming to London from Leeds for 2 sheets... I don't get the hostility

So I import this stuff at great risk last two times I’ve just about broke even but it’s done for the community. I have to book time off for folks to collect the glass and for me to transport it but I don’t ask for anything. You are already coming down to collect so then asking for £10 a sheet doesn’t compute with me.

Neil.

So I import this stuff at great risk last two times I’ve just about broke even but it’s done for the community. I have to book time off for folks to collect the glass and for me to transport it but I don’t ask for anything. You are already coming down to collect so then asking for £10 a sheet doesn’t compute with me.

Neil.

well ok then lets say tips and donations would be welcome for the drop offs as coly did does that work better with you Neil? we very much appreciate you importing the glass Neil Im just trying offer a drop off service to get the glass all over the uk for the guys thats ordered ... its not a profit making exercise but I don't think its fair some people didn't tip col last ...so im just putting it out there a donation would be appreciated whether its a tenner a sheet or whatever im not bothered as long as its something .... you alright with that ?

Looks like I’m being dragged into this **** storm! Can I just say I never asked anyone for money but greatfully accepted tips which covered my trip and hassles.
Would I do it again? No chance it took me 2 days to make a box which cost me almost £80 quid to carry the 40-50 sheets set out 6 in the morning with a friend @Sutol and got home at 12.
I then ended up storing some of the glass for several months afterwards so it was a big ballache.
I get where Neil comes from he does all his side for the community all FOC and I dob my hat to you kind Sir. Without Neil many of us would be without this stunning glass and really appreciate your time and effort and without this it just wouldn’t happen.
If Paul was getting a few sheets for me I would force a tip on him whether he wanted it or not much like many did for me it’s the gentlemanly way of the British.
I think Paul isn’t in this to make money Neil and it’s all blew out of proportions.

BTW previously I had to source sheets of glass at £160 and was great full for every piece I managed to find! So even if someone other than Neil brought the stuff in I’d be happy to pay that amount any day.

well ok then lets say tips and donations would be welcome for the drop offs as coly did does that work better with you Neil? we very much appreciate you importing the glass Neil Im just trying offer a drop off service to get the glass all over the uk for the guys thats ordered ... its not a profit making exercise but I don't think its fair some people didn't tip col last ...so im just putting it out there a donation would be appreciated whether its a tenner a sheet or whatever im not bothered as long as its something .... you alright with that ?

sure.

Neil.

Please amended post... This is going to be a free service but a donation or tip would be appreciated... I realise asking for a donation per sheet of glass was probably not the way to go but tips would be appreciated cheers

Back
Top Bottom