What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

low reflective glass order 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Neil,

Bit of a noob question but what is the special sauce with this glass?

Is there some kind of anti reflective coating on it? or is it just low iron tempered glass?

ah ok.

just occurred to me that theres custom aquarium makers in the UK that use ultra clear tempered glass routinely and have the kit in house for cutting and edge bevelling and polishing etc,
They would probably cut a bunch of sheets to order.

But if theres some kind of coating to reduce reflection further then that would be the sticking point.

No doubt youve already looked into these options already.

I recall reading somewhere you shouldn't use glass cleaner on invisiglass, is this glass the same?
If so what's the best way to clean it?

I recall reading somewhere you shouldn't use glass cleaner on invisiglass, is this glass the same?
If so what's the best way to clean it?

I've used this for the last 2 years with no issues - ammonia free. No pressure and a very soft cloth.

So far with my normal glass I use a cloth and kitchen towel to keep it streak free.
I find the initial clean leaves streaks but the kitchen towel removes them. Is it similar with the low reflective? Or is a good cloth enough?

Any recommendations will be appreciated 🙂

So far with my normal glass I use a cloth and kitchen towel to keep it streak free.
I find the initial clean leaves streaks but the kitchen towel removes them. Is it similar with the low reflective? Or is a good cloth enough?

Any recommendations will be appreciated 🙂

I always use micro fibre cloths bought in bulk from Costco as I'm always restoring something. One to wipe off then a dry one to finish as you describe. I'm paranoid about damaging the coating on the glass as that would really p*** me off.

Never forget to shut the coin door before pulling the glass is my main tip.

I use this stuff too! It is really good!

I use two microfibre cloths and just use one to clean and the other to buff.

Wax on, wax off……

@Neil McRae I should be there Saturday around 1.15 / 1.30 to collect the glass. Can I just check that Google has it correct that the club closes at 4.00pm on Saturday? I checked the website, but the opening times page doesn’t display on an iPhone.

Thanks

I’m working with a potential UK option now but of the 5 places I spoke with they are all struggling to match the price!

Glass at my firm has gone up in the last couple of weeks because the supplier has gone up. Low reflective isn't something I've come across yet will enquire about that.

I have a couple of Neil’s glass sheets. - STANDARD
Bought 4 and don’t actually need them… so selling 2..

Brand new..
given current supply and demand.. £200 a sheet.. 😮

Just kidding.. £115 a sheet I think it was…

What's the likelihood of another order being placed and any idea of expected cost (astronomical I'm guessing)

Is this the main way of getting invisiglass? And, if not, how would I get some?

Also, what's the best way of safely couriering/transporting if you don't have a car?

Is this the main way of getting invisiglass? And, if not, how would I get some?

Also, what's the best way of safely couriering/transporting if you don't have a car?
Theres no 5mm low iron in the uk, 4 or 6 only here.

Picked up a sheet of standard from local glass supply company the other day and guy said basically theres so many types of glass they have to stock that unless theres enough demand then they cant justify using warehouse space.

And lets face it UK pinball is a niche hobby in a small country.

Back
Top Bottom