What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Reflective Glass 2022 order

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Either they didn't put the super duper special glass in Tommy at the club (the notepad says invisiglass) or having natural light on my pins isn't as forgiving for imperfections on the eye.

Crewey, is the edge of the glass you have smooth and rounded or is it sort of jewelled/squared off?

There are several different types of this glass:

1: Invisiglass sold by JJP - its not bad This comes with LEs. Smooth ish edge
2: Stern Invisiglass - its ok but medium term tends to scratch and mark easy - this comes with LEs. Very rough edge
3: PDI/Roman - this glass tends to have a purple hue about it especially when not clean.
4: Voodoo Glass - no experience of this.
5: McRae Glass- Double coated bevelled edge, perfecto

Neil.

McRae Glass- Double coated bevelled edge, perfecto
🤣
In that case it must be one of the others, Mike's notepad for Tommy mods/repairs reads "09/10/20 - Invisiglass Installed £80 "
I'd say the edge is jewelled/squared off in 3 angles

Presumably you don’t know right now, but it worth getting more sheets than I need, then, if our family expect to get more pins at some point?

Just get what you need and one spare if you think you're going to get another pin within a year.
It's not the end of the world if you don't have this glass on every game.

🤣
In that case it must be one of the others, Mike's notepad for Tommy mods/repairs reads "09/10/20 - Invisiglass Installed £80 "
I'd say the edge is jewelled/squared off in 3 angles
_____
\\
||
_____//
yeah that's the glass I imported. It should be good.

Get some soapy water, give it a good clean.

Neil.

@Neil McRae I am considering doing all my pins seen as its such a worthwhile improvement.
Would you prefer I edit my original post so as not to duplicate responses?

Also because I'm not fully confident, would I be correct in thinking for my LOTR, Monster-Bash LE, Godzilla Premium & STTNG, I would need 3 standard + 1 wide?

Get some soapy water, give it a good clean.
x20 better than the mr muscle glass stuff, used 3 CLEAN (new) cloth method on both sides - wet, par-dry & dry.
I think my issue is the direct sunlight from our patio doors, the standard reflective glass makes it harder to see the crap.

If Neil needs 100 sheets to make it worthwhile, does he think there’s going to be another order within a reasonable timescale? I obviously don’t know how many orders he’s taking for each batch, i.e. gets 200 orders easily = orders again in 6 months -vs- struggles to reach 100 orders easily = may not bother doing it again. Hope that makes sense.
I can't speak for Neil, but if I was doing a massive favour to the community, potentially at personal financial risk, and involving a bucket load of admin, I'd find questions like this a little on the bizarre side tbh. Just buy what you want, or don't - it's really no more complicated than that :)

I can't speak for Neil, but if I was doing a massive favour to the community, potentially at personal financial risk, and involving a bucket load of admin, I'd find questions like this a little on the bizarre side tbh. Just buy what you want, or don't - it's really no more complicated than that :)
It’s just literally “Do I buy 4 sheets now and 1 later, or would it be more convenient for the person doing a massive favour at financial risk for me to buy 5 sheets now?”

I don’t think that’s bizarre. I find some of the weird interpretations of stuff I write frankly baffling.

It’s just literally “Do I buy 4 sheets now and 1 later, or would it be more convenient for the person doing a massive favour at financial risk for me to buy 5 sheets now?”

I don’t think that’s bizarre. I find some of the weird interpretations of stuff I write frankly baffling.
Buy six

Noone else is asking these questions. You have four pins? Buy four sheets.

Or buy five and have a spare? Neil sorts it out and he's asked how many people want.

Reactions: JT.
Thanks for confirming I’m not too late to jump on this via PM Neil - could I please add four sheets of standard?

Happy to use my workshop just outside brum - just off J6 M6 as a drop off/collection point for up to 20 sheets.

Would need it all collecting within 2 weeks.

Of course someone would have to drop it to me on the way up North.

Back
Top Bottom