What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete LOTR "One Ring Edition" translated as "lets waste money and don't tell the wife edition" fitting lots of parts, mods, rubbers, and cleaning

The original pinball refinery path of the dead mod

PXL_20220122_150229206.jpg
A custom shooter plate

A full set of original NOS plastics, difficult to get

A full set of @Colywobbles plastic protector

PXL_20220122_150233880.jpg

A new colour dmd plastic screen with a dark tint

And a ring light mod

PXL_20220122_150239093.jpg

A big huge thank you to @Colywobbles for making the plastics and having some sort of magic trunk that contained some bits I was after 🙂

Attachments

• PXL_20220122_150239093.jpg
    PXL_20220122_150239093.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2
So the post office have officaily lost the board making the machine useless.

Any one have a

Power Driver Board - Stern/Sega Rev G 520-5137-01 Revision G​

For sale, I can see a rootendog board in the US, but I really didn't want one of these in the machine. To say i'm upset is an understatement.

Last edited:
That’s a nightmare, I feel for you Chris.
Sean at pinball displays sells rotten dog boards.
Rather than shipping from the states.

Are they giving you money at least?
Who knows with the post office, Ive filled out a claim, they want invoice evidence which for this part is difficult. I sent basket for pinball life in the US who have a rottedog in stock and will ship to the UK. The couple of Euro distrutors won't ship to UK since brexit. There one who would but it more than the US! (including shipping, tax and VAT)

Found a board today, a big thank you to pinball heaven for sourcing one and @myPinballs for agreeing to check it and make it compatible with LOTR.

Hoepfully now only a couple of weeks at worst before I can finaly switch it on!

Still have a load of bits to fit, but these are mods and plastic protectors..... to do now or later, mods def not until everything is fully tested and working, plastic protectors.... can I be bothered to take the thing apart again to get at the plastics that didn't have it! :)

So the post office have officaily lost the board making the machine useless.

Any one have a

Power Driver Board - Stern/Sega Rev G 520-5137-01 Revision G​

For sale, I can see a rootendog board in the US, but I really didn't want one of these in the machine. To say i'm upset is an understatement.

I feel for you.. FedEX just lost 50 PCBs for me from Italy. I am absolutely gutted also.

Where did you get that path of the dead mod from?

I feel for you.. FedEX just lost 50 PCBs for me from Italy. I am absolutely gutted also.

Thanks, it's been anoying and inconvenient, wow your loss is a million times worse, what courier and post office fail to understand the value isn't the issue it's the existence and obtainabilty.

That's the million dollar question 😀 @Colywobbles magic trunk. He kindly sold some spares and parts he had kept from his old machine. It is probably one of the mods that I would say is impossible to get, unless someone has one they no longer want.

That is gutting, i'm still ****ed off with Fed EX/TNT for dropping my NOS CRT monitor, then reboxing it and pretending they didnt!!! ****ing C NUTS

HELP PLEASE

Flippers are out of allignment, with stern's how are they supposed to be alligned. The guidence holes are there but unlick williams you can't put a tooth pick in them. Shoud they be cente to the bat? above the bat, above the rubber?

HELP PLEASE

The loop diverter working perfectly, it open and closes, however when you get the war of the ents mode and the diverter gate is permantely open it makes a noise. It stays open, just load brrrrrrr and closes correctly. Any ideas what it could be?

It also seems to bounce when hit during play,

I will try and take a video of it tommorow.

I'm guessing the gate might not have been set quite right or is the coil too powerful, its a new one?

HELP PLEASE

The top right pop bumper engages from time to time, no logic to it, its quick, does;nt do it at rest only when playing and its only very occasionally.

if you have a colour DMD @Colywobbles Tinted acrylic is a must. Makes a massive difference. In fact so much so I was surprised. A million times better than the boy racer tints that I took off.

First time I got to see it working on the game and must say "wow"

HELP PLEASE

The top right pop bumper engages from time to time, no logic to it, its quick, does;nt do it at rest only when playing and its only very occasionally.

Adjust the switch gap, its probably out of adjustment and too close, so closes with vibration form other things

Back
Top Bottom