What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
A very old friend of mine came over today. He's owned Bally Williams machines (His TOM is currently with @new forest pinball) for years but hasn't ever really played anything modern.

Anyway, he has fallen in love with JP. I think he must have played it for 5 hours and since leaving he's phoned me once to talk about it. 😂

It's funny to get the perspective of someone who can play pinball and has been an owner for 20+ years. He was blown away with it and was picking my brains about all the Stern Spike 2 releases. . . . I think they'll have a new customer very soon.

When the ball leaves the Control Room where is your ball going? On mine a slow ball will hit the l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶r̶ left flipper, a medium speed ball will go SDTM and a fast ball will go to the right flipper. I think I may need to adjust the ball guide to eliminate those SDTM's, just not sure whether to try to get all speed balls going to the left or right.

Last edited:
A very old friend of mine came over today. He's owned Bally Williams machines (His TOM is currently with @new forest pinball) for years but hasn't ever really played anything modern.

Anyway, he has fallen in love with JP. I think he must have played it for 5 hours and since leaving he's phoned me once to talk about it. 😂

It's funny to get the perspective of someone who can play pinball and has been an owner for 20+ years. He was blown away with it and was picking my brains about all the Stern Spike 2 releases. . . . I think they'll have a new customer very soon.

I can imagine if you'd only ever played Bally/Williams games, Jurassic Park would absolutely blow your t its off

When the ball leaves the Control Room where is your ball going? On mine a slow ball will hit the left sling or left flipper, a medium speed ball will go SDTM and a fast ball will go to the right flipper. I think I may need to adjust the ball guide to eliminate those SDTM's, just not sure whether to try to get all speed balls going to the left or right.

- left flipper on both sides the rubber gives the ball a “hop“ to get it onto flipper (control room or failed helipad).

I can imagine if you'd only ever played Bally/Williams games, Jurassic Park would absolutely blow your t its off

It really did mate.

He knows TOM, Black Rose & Adams family back to front but isn't on a forum and doesn't go to any clubs so he's been a bit oblivious to the modern advancements.

He said it was pinball but on another level.

Funnily enough he's a fellow Dorsetonian like your good self.

I still haven't beat the GC score on mine. If I was getting through the game frequently I would most likely have moved it on by now but the challenge to progress further keeps me pressing the start button, and I still haven't delved into the Escape Nublar mode.

For me it's a good level of difficulty and has a good variety of shots.

When the ball leaves the Control Room where is your ball going? On mine a slow ball will hit the left sling or left flipper, a medium speed ball will go SDTM and a fast ball will go to the right flipper. I think I may need to adjust the ball guide to eliminate those SDTM's, just not sure whether to try to get all speed balls going to the left or right.
Hi Marvello check your pitch and level it’s very rare I get a poor return from either the control room or helipad. Originally I had it set up fast and I got a lot of drains here’s my spirit level it plays perfect

Attachments

• CD042161-6730-46A0-A1F3-8733C379A681.jpeg
    CD042161-6730-46A0-A1F3-8733C379A681.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 32
Hi Marvello check your pitch and level it’s very rare I get a poor return from either the control room or helipad. Originally I had it set up fast and I got a lot of drains here’s my spirit level it plays perfect
Straight face on here...what side are your balls dropping? From the Control Room do they go to the left or right flipper? Failed shots to the Helipad are fine.

Straight face on here...what side are your balls dropping? From the Control Room do they go to the left or right flipper? Failed shots to the Helipad are fine.
Mine drop to the left flipper and bounce across. Sometimes if it really comes back fast it may be closer SDTM or even the tip of the right flipper.
Where does a ball land when it has been held on the control room post?

Where does a ball land when it has been held on the control room post?
Mine vary from left flipper (slow) to SDTM (medium) to right flipper (fast) depending on the speed. When it has been held in the Control Room it is left flipper. It isn't a big problem, just means I have to fight it a bit when I see it heading towards the gap.

Mine vary from left flipper (slow) to SDTM (medium) to right flipper (fast) depending on the speed. When it has been held in the Control Room it is left flipper. It isn't a big problem, just means I have to fight it a bit when I see it heading towards the gap.
Best way I found to check it was when the post locks it for control room. On release it sound drop to the left flipper time it right and you get a dead stop. Here’s a picture of the guide 👍

2C32160C-37C1-4E6F-BC46-5B1718D590B9.jpeg

My failed Helicopter shot drops straight between the flippers

Hi @Gonzo ir shouldn’t I’d do the same check your pitch and level. If mine misses it usually goes to the left flipper 👍

I did mate. Funnily enough my bubble is out. I have it next to my deadpool and set exactly the same pitch. The Deadpool bubble is bang in the middle and JP is so high you'd think the thing was set at 7.5 degrees. I did get the level out after reading your post but I can't see any problems with the set-up.

I'm not having an issue with the Control room shot unless I miss it. I don't mind either to be honest, if I can't make the shot then I don't mind it draining because it means that I've done something wrong.

Hi Neil I can’t see your spirit level but you’ve got your machine set up faster than mine. Originally mine was set at about the same and I lowered it very slightly it plays sooo much better very slightly slower. You’ll get better ball time it’s so quick you haven’t got time to react. Just my opinion, no problem if you think different 👍

I may have missed this if it’s already been covered but are people away that if you hold both flipper buttons a menu pops up and you can select ‘Escape Nublar ’ mode which is a whole different game scenario with different music & animations.
Thought I’d mention it just in case [emoji106]

....found other threads covering this, still worth a mention. Is it basically a short cut to the final wizard mode?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was playing a game last weekend when I noticed a screw loose in the right outlane. Stopped the game to get the glass off and retrieve it and at the same time spotted a small post / large washer loose just below the one way gate to the pops / above the truck. I’ve since looked over the whole playfield and can’t work out where they came from! Any ideas?

3AF48A3C-1BC4-4278-9185-9D1444BE4F12.jpeg

Hi Neil I can’t see your spirit level but you’ve got your machine set up faster than mine. Originally mine was set at about the same and I lowered it very slightly it plays sooo much better very slightly slower. You’ll get better ball time it’s so quick you haven’t got time to react. Just my opinion, no problem if you think different [emoji106]

Yup I set them up as they tend to be in tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So a NIB Jurassic park prem inbound. Will be my first NIB.
What did you have to tweak when you got your NIB ?

read allot of issues on pinside with play field issues, end stops, t-Rex head etc. Has anyone else had any issues with theirs.

I don’t mind a bit of fiddling to get it perfect but the playfield issues concern me.

What can I say but wow what a great game.

finding that it’s got a really nice flow to the play feels great hitting the combos and the t-Rex is probably the best toy implementation since the sinking ship on POTC IMHO.

still not got a clue what’s going on mind looks pretty deep so going to take a while to figure out.

WTF do you do with the smart missile ?

What can I say but wow what a great game.

finding that it’s got a really nice flow to the play feels great hitting the combos and the t-Rex is probably the best toy implementation since the sinking ship on POTC IMHO.

still not got a clue what’s going on mind looks pretty deep so going to take a while to figure out.

WTF do you do with the smart missile ?

Spell M-A-P by hitting white shots to light a dinosaur paddock on the map. Rescue staff from the dinos (orange shots), hit targets by the truck to lay the trap for the dino then shoot the yellow shot to capture. Work your way through the map choosing your route by hitting the truck. Different Dino's give different perks that carry over between balls.

Modes wise there's the control room on the far left, these are lit by capturing a Dino, hitting so many tower shots and other stuff. These modes are valuable so shoot well. Other modes are the T-rex modes which are lit by hitting the truck over and over and then the t rex ramp. Again, very valuable.

Spell c-h-a-o-s by hitting each letter in order then the target at the back of the pops to start chaos multiball.

Hit the raptor pit a lot to start raptor tri-ball.

The smart missile is lit in different ways, completing modes, rescuing so many employers etc. When it starts use the action button to choose your reward and then nail that tight shot past the truck into the target at the back of the pops.

There's loads of other stuff going for n but that's the basics. And yeah. Best. Game. Ever. I'm obsessed!

Back
Top Bottom