What's new

JJP The Godfather

It's not 😜 But, the Stern one is much better than people on here give it credit for.

Thank you…….I nearly had to fight @jonathan for bringing Big Buck Hunter into the argument a few posts up and then @johnwhitfield drags Star Wars in……..I nearly broke my lightsaber out of the display case…….

In all seriousness, what an amazing time for pinball though! In about a month we are having 4 new pinball machines from 4 different manufacturers! Wow would have thought that even a few years ago!

Well they did not read the script did they.

It is I'm GONNA make him an offer he cant refuse.

Actually Vito didn’t read the script either.
Both Michael + Vito had the same line in the movie - Michael mentions it in Las Vegas when trying to get the hotel from Mo Green.
Vito did a bit of Ad Libbing.
It’s “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse”
Here is the script:

I couldn't think of anything more boring than fishing yet Fishtales has outlasted every other game I've ever owned....Sopranos is a good respected game based on a long running mafia series so I'm sure JJP can convert the 3 films into an epic game like they did the Hobbit imho!

Exactly, why some people want it to fail before it's even released is pathetic, more new pins can only be a good thing for the hobby! It's a really exciting time for pinball, hopefully more competition might bring the prices back down, time will tell.

Happy flippin peeps, stay positive, enough negative nancies out there as it is! 😊
“like they did with hobbit” said nobody ever because they were so bored they literally fell asleep at the game. nobody really has any reason to be positive about anything from JJP when you look at their track record!

I remember Keith Edwin pleading not to play The Hobbit at Pinburgh 😂😀😅😂

Whatever you think of JJP, without them entering the market with WOZ (inc.LCD, a ton of toys, mega deep rules etc) Stern would still be churning out cheap ass games like BBH, Avatar and Rolling Stones.

Compare the games they were putting out 10 years ago with the likes of GZ, DP and FF. That's because they have to fight harder for their market share in 2023 than they did in 2013

LOL what utter codswallop. Stern don’t have to fight for _any_ market share - they outbuild and outsell all the other pin manufacturers put together. They are doing great games again not because of JJP or anyone else but because the market has grown and they can afford to do so.

Nobody wants JJP or any other pinball manufacturer to fail - but there is a track record and JJP’s hasn’t been great, add that to questionable build quality, code abandonment and shockingly poor customer service and its easy to see why folks are anxious

Whatever you think of JJP, without them entering the market with WOZ (inc.LCD, a ton of toys, mega deep rules etc) Stern would still be churning out cheap ass games like BBH, Avatar and Rolling Stones.

Compare the games they were putting out 10 years ago with the likes of GZ, DP and FF. That's because they have to fight harder for their market share in 2023 than they did in 2013

Your version is a bit skewed here. Dave Peterson bought a controlling stake in Stern in 2010 or 2011, re-hired Steve Ritchie and gave him a big BoM for AC/DC. That’s when things started to improve at Stern.

Competition may have kept them honest, but it wasn’t the catalyst for ending stripped out games.

Your version is a bit skewed here. Dave Peterson bought a controlling stake in Stern in 2010 or 2011, re-hired Steve Ritchie and gave him a big BoM for AC/DC. That’s when things started to improve at Stern.

Competition may have kept them honest, but it wasn’t the catalyst for ending stripped out games.
I’m still amazed when I see how the ball gets moved around in AC/DC prem. Especially from the train, along the metal strip down to the cannon.

“like they did with hobbit” said nobody ever because they were so bored they literally fell asleep at the game. nobody really has any reason to be positive about anything from JJP when you look at their track record!

I remember Keith Edwin pleading not to play The Hobbit at Pinburgh 😂😀😅😂
I can imagine Keith saying that, TH is not a tourny game. Look, my two fave games atm are Turtles and Mando, both short ball times with that "one more game feel". I don't get that from most JJP games because their games are more "quest" games with long ball times and big journies to go on...The Hobbit literally opens with Bilbo saying "I'm going on an Adventure!". You have to set aside 45 mins when turning on a JJP game and after an epic game you probably aren't as keen to play another straight away. Thats fine my me, Ive had Hobbit, DI, still got GnR & WOZ and enjoyed them all thoroughly, if you're lucky enought to have a collection then a mix of short and long game time games would be my advice to keep it varied. Obviously Stern have LotR, TSPP and other long ball games too.

To say "nobody has any reason to be positive about anything from JJP" is just classic Stern fanboy speak and you're not as dumb as you like to pretend to be at times. To claim that early production games are infact "prototypes" to excuse poor build/maintenance sort of exposes that. But, hey, Stern will fix your smashed LE with one phone call whereas others are ignored 2 years later so I don't blame you at all!! :D

I'm really excited for todays reveal, same as I was for FF, I'm sure this will be another epic "quest" game and I'd love one but I'm sure the price will be above my £10k cap too.....:thumbs:

I certainly have a favourite manufacturer and it's Stern.

However I do try not to be partizan about it. I'm infinitely aware that they are just as capable of manufacturing a poorly built machine as JJP.

As for the customer service...... well they've not looked after Colin who's Godzilla LE was minced.

I'm still waiting for my coin door buttons but they haven't even bothered to reply.

That being said my Deadpool has nearly 3000 games now and is built like a tank.

Godfather could be good, bad or indifferent but I'll not assume it will be crap and broken without having seen it.

My two sterns new in a box arrived with faults. Jurassic park switch wires not put in correctly. Mando came with premium brackets in it and a burnt out switch. Phil been trying for over a year to get me the right part from them without success. Customer services from stern are terrible they really don't reply.
JJP Wonka no problems at all, well packed in the box. Absolutely beautiful machine, fantastic game to play and the quality of parts in the machine all over are so much better, metal ramps and not plastic.

But sadly both company's are now cutting a lot of corners, so will be interesting this year to see how the new machines look and perform.

Where even are we refreshing? Is there a livestream or are we just waiting for photos

Unfortunately their site has gone down with the traffic. They've put a password on for now.

Back
Top Bottom