What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP GNR Pinball

I have gone with the Pinball life washers- quite a few people on Pinside have used them and have said no further damage.

Apparently the black washers on JJP were putting on had a ridged/rough underneath and that didn’t help.
@Pick Holder did you take any off G&R at tilt.. what were they like?

there was no black washers on that game. only ones that came with it were on the slings. I used the ones from pinball life on the posts that got damaged. Not that they will do any good as my TNA has shown.

Neil.

there was no black washers on that game. only ones that came with it were on the slings. I used the ones from pinball life on the posts that got damaged. Not that they will do any good as my TNA has shown.

Neil.

So the game didn’t stick around after you ironed and applied washers..

Pick has said that no damage has occurred.. so well that’s what I’m going for… and the longer posts.

So the game didn’t stick around after you ironed and applied washers..

Pick has said that no damage has occurred.. so well that’s what I’m going for… and the longer posts.

It might help but I doubt it, the whole top of the playfield is like jelly, TNA was the same and the washers didn't help. The part I was very worried about was the disc which no washer will help.

Neil.

Update: April GnR LE build. Stopped playing my game a couple of weeks ago after noticing pooling and cracking around two posts, pooling around another, and a washer embedded in the playfield pooling. Waiting on my PetG washers. The BAD NEWS is that despite not playing the pooling is showing up around other posts and getting worse without any games being played. 1f61e.png I will hopefully have my pinballlife kit soon since I still have not received anything from JJP. Was told by Barry that basically it’s out of his hands and he sent it off to upper management. How’s your playfield?

I have a standard edition with a February build date that has the black washers under the slings but the top rollover lanes are chipping as well as the left side area that has the metal outer orbit bracket with nothing underneath to stop the pooling & chipping. Haven't contacted anyone about this as I've been reading horror stories for months now with these exact same issues with no "real" remedy in mind, just a prolonged effort of a minor fix for the time is all which is complete bull**** for a pinball manufacturer to be disregarding these major issues. I think it will take a class action lawsuit for these asshats to figure it out but I'm the low man on the totem pole here so who really knows?.?

I think so - but the engineer in me makes me super unconvinced about the post-size making any difference (you can’t use the game in tilt as a proxy because I ironed the posts down). The larger posts will still move and are still applying pressure to the base that will cause the “jelly-clear” to pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted all except
Colin’s - bigger box needed.
MartinY - address needed and PM..

I have tracking numbers for all- All sent recorded delivery. Please let me know once you have them.. should be by Friday

One thing nobody has mentioned about any washers is the FACT that they have been installed AFTER previous damage has happened. It is like putting a bit of gaffer tape over the engine warning light.

I think putting washers down and changing posts on a new game is the best plan - along with checking the tightness or looseness of everything else.

We will see - I am off to Mr Palmer's hopefully next week to sort out the plan of action, you will all be contacted afterwards.

I'm guessing with the extra time being left before play, any clearcoat curing issues will be resolved? That's if they haven't overtightened nuts to create pooling during assembly?

One thing nobody has mentioned about any washers is the FACT that they have been installed AFTER previous damage has happened. It is like putting a bit of gaffer tape over the engine warning light.

I think putting washers down and changing posts on a new game is the best plan - along with checking the tightness or looseness of everything else.

We will see - I am off to Mr Palmer's hopefully next week to sort out the plan of action, you will all be contacted afterwards.

other than the dozens of folks who have done that and still had pooling and chipping. You can even see the impact its having well away from the trouble spot.

I don't disagree that its the a good plan but everybody should be going into it realising that its a workaround and definitely +not+ a solution the likelihood and probability of playfield failure is high. The washers press down, the posts press down. Anything that presses down on the playfield will cause pooling and eventually that will chip.

Back
Top Bottom