What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete JD - I AM THE LAW!

Bit of advice if you take out the deadworld from underneath. Label the plugs first as there are two possible places one of the connections can go and cause no end of problem. I just use a fine sharpie and label each molex plung/socket with a single letter.
It is a very easy mistake to make.

ps - well done removing mylar

Two remaining issues. Misalignment on top right opto.

Left slingshot star post needs adjustment.

Will update properly tomorrow wife moaning to go to bed.

Star post sorted.

Opto I'm not 100% on it. It seems good, will have to wait and see.

2 straight 12 hour days.

Did the following.

- Full playfield strip
- GI replaced with comet frosted white
- Inserts replaced with LEDs
- Removed old mylar with freeze method (zero damage!)
- Rebuilt 5 Bank Target mech, previous person used a short coil sleeve and skipped put on c clips resulting in a loose mech which kept jamming the targets
- Full playfield clean after strip
- Metal polished all lane guides
- Tumbled all screws, posts and nuts, those which came out dull and manky were replaced
- Replaced snapped post
- Replaced slingshot posts these were the wrong height
-Replaced crane plastic with JD mods crane mod
- Added reactor mod but awaiting plastic as original is trashed with someone's expanding glue bodge job.
- Sanded down a bodge job bond on the left side ramp entrance, reinforced with an adhesive.
- Metal polished the wire forms
- Cleaned all plastics
- Replaced balls
- Added some new mylar in spots beginning to show wear
- Resolved some wiring issues on the extra ball and left launch button
- Replaced leg levellers
- New rubber set
- LEDs for Translite

Stuff left to do:

Cab decals (Decals ordered)
Powder coat lockbar, legs and side rail
Topper

Not bad for 2.5 days total

PXL_20220704_084813661.jpg

PXL_20220704_084816969.jpg

Bit of advice if you take out the deadworld from underneath. Label the plugs first as there are two possible places one of the connections can go and cause no end of problem. I just use a fine sharpie and label each molex plung/socket with a single letter.
It is a very easy mistake to make.

ps - well done removing mylar

Mech was working so left it alone.

Although when I put on the crane mod I didn't realise it was misaligned.

I then went I to the menu and aligned it, did a test and no dice magnet wasn't grabbing.

After about 15 minutes I clicked... I hadn't pushed in the coin door switch so the solenoid wasn't getting power on the test ...

Tbf that was about 23:30 last night.

Also cheers for spotting the mylar removal, was my first time. Freeze method worked a treat.

The Tilt Graphics GameBlades match the back decals and look quite good 👍

The Tilt Graphics GameBlades match the back decals and look quite good 👍

Lmao £130 shipping for the topper is crazy. I'll pass.

Isn't someone on here doing a repro topper? @crsedgar

Lmao £130 shipping for the topper is crazy. I'll pass.
I “think” they do a $65.25 shipping option and at the moment the unfinished eagle (isn’t this the issued one? Although the shiny one is nice?) is down to $109? So possibly $175? £148?

I'd like one for sure but hopefully @crsedgar can make his soon.
I would love to spend much more time on this than at present but my time is limited.

Current status: I have some sheet metal I need the time to fabricate a bracket once it's fitted to a JD pin and I'm happy with the final result I can move forward.

I do plan on bringing one to Pinfest of you want to see it up close.

Had a trough issue, trough 1 failing...

Found the trough has been hard wired into the connector pads... Not great.

Some fanangaling and I managed to unscrew the PCB and inspect them away from the trough.

LED6 under camera 📷 didn't light up. Bit of reflow on the solder and voila one working opto.

PXL_20220711_184911717.jpg

Got rid of the last of the incandescent bulbs while I was at.

PXL_20220711_162334260.jpg

So fire button on the left side went again, decided to re-crimp with a new head.

PXL_20220713_205348361.jpg

PXL_20220713_212838943.jpg

Little bugger is going no where now!

The opto was playing up again so I took it out and realigned it.

Seems good for now.

Trough 6 opto is a little flakey will likely have to remove it all again..

Also I've realised I'm missing the right shooter lane plastic. If anyone has one lying around I'd be happy to buy it.

Looks good! When I had my JD I had to replace the trough opto board as well. My wife made a topper out of cardboard and we spray painted it gold - did the trick and a fun crafty project. Fun animations in this game, would like to see the dog wee on the sniper in colour 😂

Still waiting on the parts to arrive, however my decals have arrived.

Booked in @jagman. I may have done practically everything now when it comes to pinball machine restorations but I'd rather have an expert provide the finish for the cab. :D

PXL_20220727_094122564.jpg

Sorted out the trough area.

New PCB installed. New connector header attached. Didn't have the right size to hand, so 'improvised'.

PXL_20220730_092412886.jpg

PXL_20220730_102652647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom