What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin NEW licenced theme & new staff

Ended up in the Purple Turtle a few years back. Saw a secret gig in Koko and staggered in after. They had a couple of punk bands on, and some sort of burlesque act if I remember
Ah yeah, Koko is kind of opposite - Rarely hang out in Camden these days (seems to have turned in to a bit of a dodgy place at night in recent years), but next time I'm there I'll have to take a walk down to the Mornington Crescent and and see what's going on at the 'Turtle

Ah yeah, Koko is kind of opposite - Rarely hang out in Camden these days (seems to have turned in to a bit of a dodgy place at night in recent years), but next time I'm there I'll have to take a walk down to the Mornington Crescent and and see what's going on at the 'Turtle

I live locally and I'd actually say that Camden has got safer at night over the years. Gentrification has hit hard, especially up towards The Stables Market end since it was purchased by a billionaire. Just look at the new Hawley Wharf development. Purple Turtle has been gone for years!

That’s cool it’s still there.

I liked the scummy chic look they went for bitd. I’ve probably not been for at least 5 years.

I remember playing T2 in there!

If you're at Camden, and you're playing strict Stovold, you can only go to Mornington Crescent if you're in nip (one of the very few times being in nip is an advantage). (And as I post this, I hope at least a few people know what I'm on about)

If you're at Camden, and you're playing strict Stovold, you can only go to Mornington Crescent if you're in nip (one of the very few times being in nip is an advantage). (And as I post this, I hope at least a few people know what I'm on about)
You've completely lost me there 😀 what are Stovold and nip?

Had to chuckle at the idea that Camden has become more dodgy at night. Having worked there through the 90s Camden today is far less edgy now. It’s massively changed and lost a lot of its edge as a result. Sadly lots of the independent businesses have gone and been priced out by chains.

Had to chuckle at the idea that Camden has become more dodgy at night. Having worked there through the 90s Camden today is far less edgy now. It’s massively changed and lost a lot of its edge as a result. Sadly lots of the independent businesses have gone and been priced out by chains.
I was around there in the 80’s/90s and agree, same as the South Acton estate where I’m from which is now a calm place compared to back in the day. Was a no go area for most people including the police. Think the same goes for quite a few areas in London that we’re dodgy back in the day that are much nicer now.

Fair enough; I haven't been there much of late (mainly stick to The world's end and The Black Heart when I'm there these days).
I'm open to the suggestion that I'm just getting old, soft and paranoid😄 maybe I was oblivious to the large groups of Hoddies hanging around near the station when I was there all the time in the late 90s/00s during my 20s.
Anyway, apologies if I upset anyone who holds Camden close to their heart; I've lived all over place the last 10 years; Holloway Road/Archway, Southend, Southwark and now Upton Park and so probably skewed my perception- back to discussing 'Tap👍🏻

I just hope whatever the license is that they have moved to a colourised DMD on this title. I know Mike doesn't see them as being of great value but it just makes the machine seem so much more modern than an orange display.

Think I have given up hope on this one as Mike did say earlier in the thread that it was all sold out and it would be unlikely we got any (I am paraphrasing).

I think now he may as well just unveil it instead of months of little bits here and there. Or now does anyone care?

I am still wondering why a AFM strobe board is crashing a game, as I am being told I have 'dirty data' on 3 different WPC boards? Had no reply directly from homepin and after over a year my customer/friend is getting a bit pee'd off. Mind you - I did get a nice homepin torch.

Our contract stipulates that the machine must be ready for sale no later than Oct this year but I'm sure things will leak out before then.
What happened to this contract stipulation Mike? Did I miss this going on sale?

Doubt we'll see any in the UK. No distributor and Mike seems to have gone dark on the forum. I've tried reaching out privately a couple of times with no response.

That's unfortunate considering the sides are plastered in union Jack's. Seen preorders open during the week on rs-pinball.at but seems to have since been changed to an'interest check' now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402_185024.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402_185024.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
That's unfortunate considering the sides are plastered in union Jack's. Seen preorders open during the week on rs-pinball.at but seems to have since been changed to an'interest check' now.

I'm not going to get over it myself.

Who’s gonna pre order a game no ones seen? Or has it been revealed somewhere

Who’s gonna pre order a game no ones seen? Or has it been revealed somewhere
Kaneda was making out like he had a shot of the entire playfield but it seems he’s only got the inlane photo.

Jeez that photo looks like a cheap chinese Vpin.

Hope he gets a decent artist to do the LCD and the playfield. Instead of those egg heads on thunderbirds......

From my experience the only NIB's I would be buying are CGC and Stern.

Back
Top Bottom