What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin NEW licenced theme & new staff

took me a while to get the petrol pump reference.

Guess it’s the “Mach” piece - “lick my love pump”. Somehow the idea of licking a petrol pump is far more disturbing 😳

With the price of petrol though you can imagine peoples happiness when they can afford to fill up 😂

Genuinely sad it seems none of these are making it to the UK. Rewatched the movie again a couple nights ago and I’d say it’s one of my favourite comedies of all time - theres so many references and inside jokes that could be used for a pin!
What’s stopping you importing one!? :)

What’s stopping you importing one!? :)
Wouldn't ever buy a game I hadn't played or watched extensive play of. To be fair, I wouldn't even know where to start - would it work on our electricity? Would it have to be bought from Europe? What taxes would have to be paid? Who even brings it in to the country?

Buying an unseen pin from a manufacturer who appears to have little interest in the UK market and who’s previous release wasn’t especially well received would raise quite a few red flags to the average customer.

This might be a fantastic game (let’s hope it is) but you would have to be willing to run the risk of losing a couple of grand if you didn’t like it.

Worst case scenario you’d still be able to sell it on. There’s a market for every pin. It’s just the 2nd hand price that would be debatable. There’s people out there that would be happy to have “the only one in the uk” provided the price is right.

Buying an unseen pin from a manufacturer who appears to have little interest in the UK market and who’s previous release wasn’t especially well received would raise quite a few red flags to the average customer.

This might be a fantastic game (let’s hope it is) but you would have to be willing to run the risk of losing a couple of grand if you didn’t like it.

Worst case scenario you’d still be able to sell it on. There’s a market for every pin. It’s just the 2nd hand price that would be debatable. There’s people out there that would be happy to have “the only one in the uk” provided the price is right.
Yeah in all honesty there's no way I'd import one as it seems a massive risk money-wise and a massive pain. If one made it's way in to the UK and happened to come on to the second hand market? Depending on the actual quality of the game when it comes out I suspect I'd be heavily tempted...

It's the other way around. Mike is wanting a distributor in the UK but no one wants to act on his behalf because of how badly TB was received.
Ask Phil Palmer how many thousand he lost on each game.

Also most arrived packaged badly (on a pallet with bubble wrap) and the backbox backs were caved in).

There was chance of James doing it at one point but think he saw sense.

I was thinking the same thing. The dmd underneath makes me think not?

I like the 'Marshall' on there

Would have been better to have the speakers meshed though, and angled like a true Marshall amp. Not sure about that side playfield light either, looks like a halogen, but surely not.

Otherwise, playfield looks like a decent layout (better than TB!), from what you can make out.

Hopefully get a few more PF shots, the ramps look very thunderbirds style ramp.

Looks like High Speed 2 playfield without the super charger.

Think the price is going to be key on this. If it’s under Super Hoop prices and he’s implemented the footage and call outs well it could fly, even if the game isn’t good to play. I’d imagine a lot of collectors would pick this up as a novelty buy... but not at £8k

Back
Top Bottom