What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin NEW licenced theme & new staff

I'd heard about Spinal Tap long before I ever watched it. Admittedly I didn't quite take to it the first time I watched it but on each successive viewing it gets better and better, a bit like Withnail and I.

Wait a minute there’s a spinal tap movie? Well this just keeps getting more and more bizarre :p

Okay I have to admit I have no idea what’s going on here probably too young for this one, spinal tap is a band as far as I knew but there’s a movie? Is it popular movie? Theme?

They are comedians who made a movie about a terrible fictitious UK metal band. They subsequently released a couple of spoof albums.

I did see them in London a few years back. They even supported themselves as a fake folk band from A Mighty Wind.

Harry Shearer does a lot of voices on The Simpsons and they have done quite a few ensemble comedies over the years as different characters.

As a few posters have suggested, it’s a real timeless classic that improves with each viewing.

Okay I have to admit I have no idea what’s going on here probably too young for this one, spinal tap is a band as far as I knew but there’s a movie? Is it popular movie? Theme?

It goes up to 11 👍

Didn't realise how many characters he voiced.. New voice actor for Dr Hibbert now after 30 years.. 30 years, **** iam getting on!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105_220800.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105_220800.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 16
I ADORE Spinal Tap, I genuinely think it's one of the greatest comedy movies of all time. Vast majority of the movie is improvised and there are so many iconic quotes (I use "I'd be a lot more angry if I wasn't so heavily sedated" and "HELLO CLEVELAND" very often) as well as the fact that they actually play their instruments AND the references to rock bands just make it timeless. Only issue is how difficult it is to watch - I don't think it's on any streaming service but the DVD is £1.50 in CEX! If you want a slight taste of the film -
- beware, it's one of the best sequences in the movie so I guess slightly spoiler-ish!

If the machine looks good gameplay wise, I'd definitely consider it for the home collection!
Will it be under £7k you think?

This is a post especially for those who were NOT fans of our plastic lockdown bar on Thunderbirds!

Our new ALL METAL lockdown bar and side rail samples were delivered this morning from the paint shop. We will do a 'final test fit' with these parts while they paint the hundreds we sent to be done.

54566.jpg

54565.jpg

Attachments

• 54565.jpg
    54565.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4
Does anyone else remember the Purple Turtle in Camden (is it still there?); played some good gigs there in the mid-late 00s!
I went to Dingwalls back in the late eighties to some rockabilly thing with mates but not the Purple Turtle, was working with some mates in Luton and we had a bit of a laugh and someone got a shout out on the radio for the guys in the Purple Turtle Brentford. No such place but we were cracking up, think there was one in Reading though.

I went to Dingwalls back in the late eighties to some rockabilly thing with mates but not the Purple Turtle, was working with some mates in Luton and we had a bit of a laugh and someone got a shout out on the radio for the guys in the Purple Turtle Brentford. No such place but we were cracking up, think there was one in Reading though.
There's one in Nottingham been there many a time. Purple-Turtle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom