What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin NEW licenced theme & new staff

Rather than have the doctored poster bandied around the internet I'll post the original here. Thanks to the person who leaked it to kaneda of all people. It has now taken me away from my primary task of getting the machine finished and almost certainly caused me trouble I can do without.

Attachments

• 1630057631727.jpeg
    1630057631727.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 101
Doctored not fake. Why would you delete it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike - reading these posts on here you have given the theme 99.9% away yourself.

It is a great license/theme.

Thunderbirds was also a great license but the game did not go down well here. I sold the last 3 from P.H. stock and they went under cost. You have to really hit a home run with this one, which I hope you do.

Because Mike hasn’t released it yet.

What is it with that Kaneda dude that he has to be first with everything? The guy just burns bridges.

I tried listening to him a few times but just can’t get past him talking of himself in the third person and the endless bragging.

Well he has - because Kaneda has it.

Rather than have the doctored poster bandied around the internet I'll post the original here. Thanks to the person who leaked it to kaneda of all people. It has now taken me away from my primary task of getting the machine finished and almost certainly caused me trouble I can do without.
Great theme man, I’m sure it will be a lot of fun 👍
Meanwhile ……. I wonder -
4E98192A-1301-48FF-B3A4-18254E6BDCDA.jpeg

Doctored not fake. Why would you delete it ?

....because someone that I trusted leaked it to a third party who proceeded to deface it with their own logos all over it.

It is a licenced poster and I have to consider the affect on the IP owner and how manipulating this licenced product affects my relationship with them.

Many people, obviously you included, have little to zero idea what delicate negotiations take place to arrive at a suitable compromise when dealing with SOMEBODY ELSE'S property! I respect the property of others, maybe you don't?

Not to mention that my licence very specifically states that I am NOT to release the information publicly until a certain date. The IP owner has their own reasons for this and it isn't up to me - or Kaneda for that matter - to question that. Yes, I hinted and danced around the theme but did NOT state what it was. This was deliberate.

If you can't understand any of that well, what can I say.

PS: and yes, Who is Spartacus? LOL

I'm pleased to report that we are booked solid now until at least March/April next year with orders so it's not likely any will make their way to the UK until after that - maybe next years Pinfest?

....because someone that I trusted leaked it to a third party who proceeded to deface it with their own logos all over it.

It is a licenced poster and I have to consider the affect on the IP owner and how manipulating this licenced product affects my relationship with them.

Many people, obviously you included, have little to zero idea what delicate negotiations take place to arrive at a suitable compromise when dealing with SOMEBODY ELSE'S property! I respect the property of others, maybe you don't?

Not to mention that my licence very specifically states that I am NOT to release the information publicly until a certain date. The IP owner has their own reasons for this and it isn't up to me - or Kaneda for that matter - to question that. Yes, I hinted and danced around the theme but did NOT state what it was. This was deliberate.

If you can't understand any of that well, what can I say.

PS: and yes, Who is Spartacus? LOL

Sorry but the horse bolted - It’s out there - deleting it here is pointless - it’s all over the Internet. C&D Kaneda (which won’t help in reality) and put it down to experience but to delete it and hope folks “unsee” it is mental.

Apologise and Tell the IP owner someone in your team let you down and you’ve fired them / had them assassinated / summoned them to court for damages etc but also tell them the hype train has started and you are working a plan to turn this unfortunate incident into a positive!

Your point about IP negotiations does make me chuckle though! [emoji28]

Cheers!
Neil.

Read through this whole thread some interesting points and I like the idea of a new pin on the market, but why choose such and old theme, someone did mention grandad rock and they are spot on, there is another thread running on here discussing the younger generation potentially not being into pinball, I can see why, I am 38 and have never seen this firm or know anything about it, so I am biased to that fact, there is a wealth of current theme/trendings bla bla over the last 10 years or tap Disney up, (lol I know cost would be mega).
Please homepin don’t take this as an insult, but I would guess you are of an age to have seen and enjoyed this film, which is great, but bring us something really fresh, something outside the usual take a risk,
and please feel free to comment on anything I’ve said,

Itch

Read through this whole thread some interesting points and I like the idea of a new pin on the market, but why choose such and old theme, someone did mention grandad rock and they are spot on, there is another thread running on here discussing the younger generation potentially not being into pinball, I can see why, I am 38 and have never seen this firm or know anything about it, so I am biased to that fact, there is a wealth of current theme/trendings bla bla over the last 10 years or tap Disney up, (lol I know cost would be mega).
Please homepin don’t take this as an insult, but I would guess you are of an age to have seen and enjoyed this film, which is great, but bring us something really fresh, something outside the usual take a risk,
and please feel free to comment on anything I’ve said,

Itch

Pinball issues aside you really should watch this film. It's very funny, iconic and is as quoted as any cult film I can think of with the exception of Life of Brian.

Funnily enough I was listening to a Ricky Gervais podcast a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how much Spinal Tap influenced The Office.

I'm glad that themes like this and Big Lebowski get made.

Stern have Avengers and Stranger Things and JJP are doing Toy Story and AP have Hotwheels so there are new themes to attract the younger generation (not sure them is the issue as discussed on other threads).

Anyway, I digress...... watch Spinal Tap if you get the chance.

Pinball issues aside you really should watch this film. It's very funny, iconic and is as quoted as any cult film I can think of with the exception of Life of Brian.

Funnily enough I was listening to a Ricky Gervais podcast a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how much Spinal Tap influenced The Office.

I'm glad that themes like this and Big Lebowski get made.

Stern have Avengers and Stranger Things and JJP are doing Toy Story and AP have Hotwheels so there are new themes to attract the younger generation (not sure them is the issue as discussed on other threads).

Anyway, I digress...... watch Spinal Tap if you get the chance.
All noted Gonzo mate 👍, and life of Brian is a classic, brilliant film, now **** off 🤣
1636033934644.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah you really need to watch the film, with programs like people just do nothing still using the fake documentary format it still feels fresh, despite its age.
I think if its done well, it could be a great light hearted theme, as some of the quotes are known by so many people, even those who haven't seen the film.

I ADORE Spinal Tap, I genuinely think it's one of the greatest comedy movies of all time. Vast majority of the movie is improvised and there are so many iconic quotes (I use "I'd be a lot more angry if I wasn't so heavily sedated" and "HELLO CLEVELAND" very often) as well as the fact that they actually play their instruments AND the references to rock bands just make it timeless. Only issue is how difficult it is to watch - I don't think it's on any streaming service but the DVD is £1.50 in CEX! If you want a slight taste of the film -
- beware, it's one of the best sequences in the movie so I guess slightly spoiler-ish!

If the machine looks good gameplay wise, I'd definitely consider it for the home collection!

I only found out the other day one of them played the brother of Saul in better call Saul😂
I was playing a clip and my wife said I’m sure it’s that bloke in better call Saul.

If this pin doesn't have "Can i ask a practical question?...." "No we're not gonna play F##~'in Stone 'enge tonight!!" as one of the call outs, then it's dead to me.....:D also.. "What are the hours?...."

I only found out the other day one of them played the brother of Saul in better call Saul😂
I was playing a clip and my wife said I’m sure it’s that bloke in better call Saul.
It does look like him. Well spotted

Back
Top Bottom