What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin NEW licenced theme & new staff

What price point are you aiming for @Homepin ?
Sadly it will have to sell a lot higher than I would like. The price of EVERYTHING has gone through the roof, and I mean EVERYTHING!

Every part we order, the invoice is 10~30% higher than the previous order - it really is crazy!

Also the programming is more expensive and don't even get me started on the record companies! They are just out and out thieves. It would be about 90% cheaper to simply supply a CD with each new machine and get the buyer to load the music from the CD - they are just robbers and basically refuse to negotiate - "That's the price - take it or leave it" attitude.

Shipping has also gone through the roof. One recent example, I was quoted US$3K to send a 20' to Canada. Six months later when we actually had the goods ready and booked the container it had risen to US$12K - I'm not exaggerating, it really is that bad.

Don't expect ANY pinball machine to be cheap for the foreseeable future, that includes Homepin machines.

I really appreciate the reply, thanks.

Good luck with the game, I really look forward to playing it. I watch TIST a couple of times a year, it’s my go to feel good movie and takes me back to teenage post-pub viewings with my mates.

Last edited:
So when is this getting officially announced and put on sale? Torn between waiting for this to get more info or going for a Stern or JJP!

Is the playfield, cabinet, plastics, backglass going to be black….????
…. None more black…..
Yep, easiest art package to make - EVER!

But for another tease, here is a portion of our main control board since you asked.....I did intend to make the boards black but, as anyone who has ever had to work on a PCB with black solder mask knows, they are a real PAIN to trace tracks so I thought better of it. Note the place for a socket that goes to 'BELL" - interesting?

1630283096193.png

Last edited:
I have had a couple of messages from people asking why I just don't come out and say what the new theme is. They just don't understand contracts. There is a clause in our licence that is very specific about what we are allowed to say and when we can say it.

I am not allowed to say publicly what our new theme is for a few weeks yet. Different I.P.* owners have different reasons and rules to suit their approach, naturally to benefit them. If we want to use their name we have to stick to their rules.

The GREAT news is we now have a signed contract with Mapex to use their logo and Marshall Amplification PLC are very much on board and are very pleased with our efforts. Those names alone should give the game away (WINK)

As an aside, when we started on this project over a year ago, I had never heard of "Mapex drums". Turns out they are actually quite renowned for high quality drum kits primarily and are a Taiwanese company, KHS Musical Instruments Co. Ltd. It was pretty easy for us here in Taiwan to track them down and organise approval to use their logo for this project.

The positive thing is to always be learning something new!

* I.P. = Intellectual Property. IE: "a licence"

Shame you couldn't make UKPinfest, Mike. Been a cracking weekend and would have been made better with your attendance.

Shame you couldn't make UKPinfest, Mike. Been a cracking weekend and would have been made better with your attendance.
Believe me, I truly wanted to be there. One issue is Taiwan still insists on 14 days quarantine for people entering the country REGARDLESS of vaccination status. I can't sit around for a day let alone 2 weeks, I would set fire to the place!

I'm super happy that you guys were still able to pull it off condsidering the dramas. Let's hope next year things ease a bit and we can return to a somewhat normal existence.

So when is this getting officially announced and put on sale? Torn between waiting for this to get more info or going for a Stern or JJP!
Hi, the conditions of our licence prevent us from announcing publicly that this title is "for sale". This all changes in about three weeks. We will be very busy as orders for it have already been confirmed from our agents.

Hi, the conditions of our licence prevent us from announcing publicly that this title is "for sale". This all changes in about three weeks. We will be very busy as orders for it have already been confirmed from our agents.
I am very excited!

The guys at Marshall are brilliant. I also work in the music industry. One of my good pals Graig Glover runs the company now.

You need those special black LEDs to run with the black playfield... ;)

I can get access to this guitar, as the guys in the UK (Strngs and things the Music Man importer have one).

Be worth talking to them about using that guitar design, Mr Horsepower.

If you can't disclose this then no worries, but are there plans to have clips from the suspected movie shown on the LCD screen?

It's pretty obvious from the clues given. We're looking at a licensed theme with VO from Christian Slater and Winona Ryder based on the 1988 hit movie and successful west End musical Heathers.

The guys at Marshall are brilliant. I also work in the music industry. One of my good pals Graig Glover runs the company now.

You need those special black LEDs to run with the black playfield... ;)

I can get access to this guitar, as the guys in the UK (Strngs and things the Music Man importer have one).

Be worth talking to them about using that guitar design, Mr Horsepower.
You mean like these that we had hand made at great expense (and NOT in China):

PS - it was made super clear to us that we MUST NOT have "Mr Horsepower" featured on the guitar - the woodpecker logo - there is some copyright problem that I won't detail here.

1630371880422.jpeg

Like I have made very clear several times I am bound by contract to NOT release details for a few weeks yet. The poster that has been doctored by Kaneda proves there is someone out there that I can't trust and that's sad.

Like I have made very clear several times I am bound by contract to NOT release details for a few weeks yet. The poster that has been doctored by Kaneda proves there is someone out there that I can't trust and that's sad.
Someones faked it? That is shocking... @Paul are you able to delete the fake flyer?

Back
Top Bottom