What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grizz's 24 Hr Charity Pinball Marathon - PLEASE SUPPORT :) RIGHT NOW !!!!

----UPDATE----

Mental condition ........... frazzled
Physical condition ............ forearms *aching*, legs and feet actually not too bad.

Pinball casualties - reel on Fish Tales started playing up a bit near the end, Addams flipper got a bit a bit weak and the swamp kickout really feeble - something has given there.

For Sale ....... 1 x Shack, 8 x pinballs ;)

Wow - what a 24 hours ! And what an epic result - right now the total raised stands at £2010.10, however I have a few cheques /cash to add which will push it towards £2100 :D Awesome effort guys. And again a MASSIVE pat on the back to you all for the support.

It all went brilliantly - so glad I sorted the live stream out, it was great knowing people were checking in, getting live comments etc. How many were checking in at 3am is debatable but hey it kept me on my toes.

Had a few friends pop in during the morning and daytime , making me cups of tea etc , so didn't have too long on my own. My bro in law Tom was there most of the evening staying till 1.30am, and my rockin wife Rach grabbed a bit of sleep and then joined me from 2.30am thru to 4am. Of course 'glory hunter' Will was in and out when he felt like it to give the impression he did it too :p Kidding, he was great support and did that awesome little end vid.

As expected the hardest part was 3am to 6am, especially on my own after 4am .........really tough mentally, I really had to push myself to play every single game. Believe me by that point I was finding it hard to *want* to play any of the machines :rolleyes: I swear I was hallucinating and hearing things....it was like being back in the boonies hunting charlie :cool: Had to turn all the volumes right down as they were doing my head in a bit.

Games held up pretty good, they were all getting really hot after 12+ hours on, so I was turning them off/on as required really. Got a few high scores, nothing EPIC but hey. Toured The Mansion, was one shot from wiz mode on Baywatch (dang !). Intended to keep record of number games played etc but forgot to start doing it.

Anyway - again huge thanks , The pinball community ROCK !

And *finally* and for the last time ....... if anyone would still like to donate the Just Giving page is still active.

http://www.justgiving.com/Ivan-Durneen

A few photos to post later.

CHEERS ALL
GrizZ

Well done dude truly epic

Yeah was a tough challenge for me as well and my report will follow soon ha ha ha ....... Glory hunting ;) wonder who started that ?

BRADFORD!!!! You grotty little toe rag :)

Will

Sounds like I can finally tell the missus that Pinball now counts as exercise. No more nagging from her. ;)

Congrats Grizz. A major accomplishment and a nice tidy sum raised for charidee. :D

Right ......last word on this .........FINALLY rounded up the last offline donations, sorted out cheque etc and sent off to Stand Up To Cancer. The TOTAL raised was ...............£2187.40 :D:cool::D

Pat on the back to the Pinball community for their awesome support. We did good boys.

That is awesome Grizz. Well done mate! :cool:

yay! Dean is properly back among us now, it's good to have you back dude.

i like to get horribly ****ed then start trolling/whoring late at night

Pleased to hear you were rewarded for your efforts and you pushed through the £2k barrier. :)

Wow - can't believe this was a year ago ! It was an unforgettable 24 hours and epic support from pin community raised much needed funds for the fight against cancer.

I'm not personally fundraising this year - but there is a big C4 Stand Up To Cancer thing on telly right now - please donate if you can :thumbs: I think my Justgiving page is still active so feel free to use that to donate if you want.

https://www.justgiving.com/Ivan-Durneen/

I had already discussed with Will that I was intending on going for the world record next year at SCS.... However it now seems like someone else is going for it at expo :( Damn.... Back to the drawing board!

Back
Top Bottom