What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grizz's 24 Hr Charity Pinball Marathon - PLEASE SUPPORT :) RIGHT NOW !!!!

Have raided the back of the sofa and sent a donation.

I never Met your dad but he sounds like he was a fun man.

Sorry for your loss.

OMFG - he's only gone and bloody done it!!!!

£1,005.12 raised of £800.00 target

57donations

Woooooooooooooooooo........f*cking...........hooooooooooooooo

Incredible ....and mostly from the pinball crew. Group hug y'all ...............:cool: It's not often Sgt GrizZ admits this ....but yes , I have a tear in my eye. My Dad will be smiling up there today ;)

Well - with a few more kind donations up at NLP and returning home to find funds from The Comet project sale added also .....massive thanks @pintableuser and @abaxas .......the total at the moment stands at £1560.10 !!!!!!!

Counting the days now until the longest day of my pinball life begins :D - still room in the pot if anyone feels they can spare a few pounds for a cause that touches almost all of us at some time in our lives. I spoke to several pinballinfo'ers over the weekend who have themselves undegone treatment for cancer or have close relatives fighting it now :(

http://www.justgiving.com/Ivan-Durneen

A little extra just added.

After experiencing long periods on my feet most of the past weekend at NLP, a 24-hour solid stand is gonna be tough ! Best of luck Ivan.

Stay sat down until then, You are going to wish you had once the chalange starts.
Set up a time laspe camera to record the full event. Should be good viewing.

I did a 24 hour marathon of playing arcade games in 2011, and it was an enjoyable challenge. I started it at 6am, and I only felt unsure about 4-6 hours in, but after that it wasn't so bad.
However I didn't stand up for all of that time, which sounds like a pain for you!

OK ......so its nearly time :D

First the awesome news that donations now stand at .................<drum roll> ................. £1810 :cool: BOOM ! Thats how the pinball kids roll. Thanks to all - still time for more ....could the 2K be reached !?!

Just spent a couple of hours prepping , cleaning games etc, some new balls in a couple, changed some flipper rubbers etc. All ready to rumble now. Didn't get time to fix a power driver board issue on WH20 so that is out of commission , so leaves these magnificent seven to entertain me for 24 hrs .............

Tommy
Addams Family
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Robocop
Baywatch
Bram Stokers Dracula
Fish Tales

I'll be kicking off at 8am with a tribute game to my Dad on Tommy, his favourite machine of mine. I may get the webcam running, if I do I'll post the link. Bar the odd toilet break, 5 min sanity breaks ... I'll be playing pin nearly constantly and will be standing the entire 24 hours.

Got some targets in my mind to achieve, besides beating high scores.

Baywatch - reach the Earthquake wiz mode
TAF - get Super Bear Kicks running
BSD - reach 5th Vid mode, increase loops record to 40+
FT - really start working some Super Jackpot action

Anyway, heres a few pics of the Shack all ready and waiting .

DSCF5551.JPG DSCF5558.JPG

DSCF5573.JPG DSCF5576.JPG

Later soldiers :cool:

looking so good dude, proud of you.
and wish i could be there to witness/join in/provide tea and bacon/rub your shoulders/post for you on here/help out

You've got this in the bag Sarge, no worries :)

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say We're immensely proud of you.

(Oh, and no getting to Earthquake mode by letting the other modes time out, keep that ball moving ;) )

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Huge group hug for the amount of money already donated from the pinball community. You guys rock ! You should all be proud to be part of a great scene that clearly is far more than knocking a few balls about a piece of wood.

I'm hitting the sack soon ......long day tomorrow ;)

Will keep you updated best I can .

Sgt GrizZ salutes you all :cool:

This is good thing you are doing.
Have you got support? Who is helping keep your mojo going?

Back
Top Bottom