What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grizz's 24 Hr Charity Pinball Marathon - PLEASE SUPPORT :) RIGHT NOW !!!!

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Pay attention troops

On Friday October 18th - Sgt GrizZ will be embarking on his toughest mission yet - an epic 24 Hour Pinball Playing Marathon - STANDING UP the entire time. :cool:

Now this is not just for sh*ts and giggles. This is to raise money for the fight against cancer.

Seriously guys - as part of the Stand Up For Cancer event this year I will indeed be playing pinball in the Shack for a straight 24 hours , standing up the whole time :D No sitting down allowed.

http://www.standuptocancer.org.uk/

As some of you know I lost my dear Dad to cancer 5 years ago :( He loved pinball, loved coming to the UK Shows, even coming along both days in 2007 when he was already undergoing treatment - he wouldn't go home ! and stayed to the end talking and joking with the guys and packing up games. That was my Dad. I miss him.

So this seems a perfect way to remember him and raise money for a cause that unfortunately seems to touch all our lives at some stage.

Please ,if you can, make a donation on my Just Giving page.

http://www.justgiving.com/Ivan-Durneen

Thanks guys !

Just WOW Grizzla!!
That's a hell of task. And trust me I've had to stay awake for 36 hrs without moving from the spot but I wasn't allowed to stand up!! (Maybe I'll tell you about it someday!!)

A great cause mate. I'll be donating.

Best of luck to you Sgt.

Ive,

I'll be making a donation (Gimme a couple of days till Payday!), and I will also ensure that the forums donates to this worthy cause also :)

Remember - Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Well done Sarge, seems like we all have someone touched by this disease.

I'm off to the donation page now.

Good luck for the day and do your old man proud!

Good for you Ive. I have made a donation and am ready to bring you drinks if you need a pit crew.
Cancer is probably close to all of us as we all know someone who has suffered or have suffered ourselves. The more we understand it, the better chances we all have.

Good luck. My younger sister has cancer at the moment, donation sent

Good on you Ive,
I lost my Mum and now my Sister has been diagnosed with a rare strain of the dreaded Cancer.
Hope it all goes well for you on the day, Standing for so long is a mountain to climb in itself but playing Pinball as well (and I hope there is a drinking beer part as well).
Would be great if we could get a camera in and stream it live to the forum on the day.
Donation being made now.
Top Man for doing a great deed for the fight against Cancer.

How about an extra sweepstake on how many balls / games you might play?

Good idea !

Plan at the minute is kick of at 6 or 7 am on Friday morning and bust on thru to Sat same time. My plan with 7 or 8 machines running is to spend an hour on a game and then move on , unless I really get fed up on a game or want to play something in particlur. So in theory each game will have 3 x 1 Hour sessions on it. I will be having 5 min breaks from actually playing pin now and again for sanity/toilet/food/ :D Really hoping I can clock up some big scores during the sesh too - surely with that long spent a BIG score is almost guaranteed. Though midnight to 6 am could be interesting to see how the old skills are holding up :rolleyes:

Can't wait ...the support from the pinball community has been IMMENSE already. Thanks guys ....so far I have 650+ donated :D KEEP IT COMING ...lets really raise some serious dosh here.

Peace and love y'all
Sgt GrizZ

My plan with 7 or 8 machines running is to spend an hour on a game and then move on , unless I really get fed up on a game or want to play something in particular. So in theory each game will have 3 x 1 Hour sessions on it.

sounds a bit random, i can't see a regimented plan like that lasting more than 4 hours or so. You're gonna get sick of something, or something will go snap, i reckon you'll soon abandon that plan for 20 minutes on each instead .... then abandon that and pick numbers out of a hat for next game ...... then abandon that and have some people play with you to make it more sociable ........ then play pingolf with yourself and decide you are gonna play BSD until you get a 30 million callout, and WH20 until you get a 5x playfield on triple jackpot ......

totally impressed by this action dude, you rock

sounds a bit random, i can't see a regimented plan like that lasting more than 4 hours or so. You're gonna get sick of something, or something will go snap, i reckon you'll soon abandon that plan for 20 minutes on each instead .... then abandon that and pick numbers out of a hat for next game ...... then abandon that and have some people play with you to make it more sociable ........ then play pingolf with yourself and decide you are gonna play BSD until you get a 30 million callout, and WH20 until you get a 5x playfield on triple jackpot ......

totally impressed by this action dude, you rock

You're prob right Dan ...it will all go out the window. I'm pretty sure to keep interest I will be playing games in weird ways ...one handed, only going for ramps or certain features etc. And yeah there will be people with me off and on to play with.

I can't flipping wait .....who gets to spend 24 hours playing pinball in whatever way you want and raising a SH*TLOAD of cash for charity. Boom. Thats how Sgt GrizZ rolls :cool:

£800.12 raised of £800.00 target

44donations

There ya Go Sgt - Best up your game!!! Teennn.... SHUN!!! ;)

AWESOME !! Again cheers to all pinballinfoers that have donated ...........really want to push on past 1K now ......so all you hundreds of other members, get yr wallets out , donate whatever you can afford and lets send a rocket up cancer's a*se ! When I'm crying in pain at the 22 hour mark it will be great to know its been worth it :D

Good work dude

Awesome that you have hit the target already....

Let me know if you need some moral support and beer ;)

Good luck

Will

Back
Top Bottom