What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great British Pinball Podcast

easy enough to add this feature to any game. just kill the flipper circuit after x seconds. even easier to trigger a tilt but of course that kills end of ball bonus. that would be interesting. you’d be trying to drain before the tilt timer kicked it 🤣🤣🤣

That's exactly what I was planning to do for an NLP project many years ago, as a follow up to the work I did to get Arduino talking to switch matrix. Start a timer after three switch hits, trigger the tilt at the end

Big seven segment display using led strips across the translite showing the countdown

Still in my rainy day projects folder. Not that I have time for any of these projects these days

Last edited:
Caught up with the latest episode on my way home from PBR (was great to be able to listen to some of the pod audio only on the train, then finish the rest watching on YouTube when I got home)

Made me chuckle when Neil said something like the following re; EAG expo;
"Elton John's gonna be there, and Phil is bringing a queen with him.."
(a) I didn't realise it was that kind of event
(b) what Phil gets up to in his own time is up to him and I fully support him 👍🏻

Re; mechs eating balls being crap, I can't believe Neil forgot about Metallica; Snake eats the ball and is awesome. Key part of the game and strategy too (add-a-ball during multiballs and such) . Also a very cool custom sculpt too; Mike's better than a lot of the crap Stern chucks on there these days.

Between Khris' videos and TGBPP,it's great to have some pinball shows from the u.k - keep it up! 👍🏻

P.s one thing to mention, but I'm sure you ate already aware off. Neil needs to sort out some headphones or something; during this episode, the echo/delay made it sound like he was MCing on a Reggae track or something...😄

Last edited:
Caught up with the latest episode on my way home from PBR (was great to be able to listen to some of the pod audio only on the train, then finish the rest watching on YouTube when I got home)

Made me chuckle when Neil said something like the following re; EAG expo;
"Elton John's gonna be there, and Phil is bringing a queen with him.."
(a) I didn't realise it was that kind of event
(b) what Phil gets up to in his own time is up to him and I fully support him 👍🏻

Re; mechs eating balls being crap, I can't believe Neil forgot about Metallica; Snake eats the ball and is awesome. Key part of the game and strategy too (add-a-ball during multiballs and such) . Also a very cool custom sculpt too; Mike's better than a lot of the crap Stern chucks on there these days.

Between Khris' videos and TGBPP,it's great to have some pinball shows from the u.k - keep it up! 👍🏻

P.s one thing to mention, but I'm sure you ate already aware off. Neil needs to sort out some headphones or something; during this episode, the echo/delay made it sound like he was MCing on a Reggae track or something...😄
Yes Elton but no queens

Surely there will be some drama queens there?

Great show, guys. Some quick feedback. I always look forward to the shows and find them entertaining, informative and engaging. I like the mix of news, games, competitive, technical, and general chat on the pinball Scene.The tech talk is helping me with ongoing maintenance and just upping my general knowledge (currently fixing up a WorldCupSoccer) Thanks @s000m and Neil
For me, the longer the better :)

I've enjoyed the ones I've listened to so far and was looking forward to January's podcast but the echo on Neils audio, whilst minor, has made me turn it off. I'll try it in blocks later as I really want to hear what they have to say about CCr.

I think it was me who Neil referred to as a 'Bozo' for saying Venom was the most stripped down game I'd ever played 😆. I was referring to the Pro and I stand by my comment, and yes I did play it.

Last edited:
I think it was me who Neil referred to as a 'Bozzo' for saying Venom was the most stripped down game I'd ever played 😆. I was referring to the Pro and I stand by my comment, and yes I did play it.
I think there lots of "bozzo" I played the pro recently at bewick street, it's a couple of ramps and held my interest for about 5 minutes. I can't comment on the premium but the pro might as well be a home edition

I think it was me who Neil referred to as a 'Bozzo' for saying Venom was the most stripped down game I'd ever played 😆. I was referring to the Pro and I stand by my comment, and yes I did play it.
Plenty agree with you.

Some say you need to buy/play the premium but that’s then £11,300 game. Plenty of much better pros available for £3k less

Talking of totally rip of strip down games the bond 25th anyone who Bought that for £25k needs there head examined and have king bozzo status 😂😂😂😂🤭😄

It's a shame if stern had released it for say £8k removing the scoring wheel,to keep costs down, not that there much cost outside of assets in that game, it would have been a great seller, it's not bad to play just totally and utterly ridiculous to charge anything above £8k, the same a pulp fiction

Last edited:
Great chat guys, love the chat about pin prices. Used prices on the way down, will be interesting to see what the market is like in the next 6 - 12 months. Possibly some great bargains to be had?
Until then anyone want to buy my Mando pro for £8k :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom