What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great British Pinball Podcast

The new forum you need a secret hand shake to get the URL so I was lead to believe.

At the end of the day running this forum is not cheap. Paul is not making millions a year. I bet it costs him a lot of money to run if the truth is known.
A lot of us in this business (which I started in around 1998) get told things that is not for the general public.

It is 'classic' Neil - when he doesnt like something or gets excluded - he starts his own. Forums/competitions. But I am actually going to stick up for him, yes - shock horror. I disagree with him on quite a few things, and he does have some great qualities. He is very generous and charitable. Discussions are also more fun on here when he was about.

The ban thing is something I am not sure what happened. There has to be rules. They have to be enforced.

Last thing - Scott - please get a decent mic and maybe some in ear headphones. I do not know who edits abd puts it online, but get both parties to record their own dialog and mix it together for better quality. As (I would say) a podcast is primarily an audio experiemce, the audio needs to be great. You put on a Kaneda podcast and it sounds glorious on speakers or headphones.

I have already voiced I think its way too long. That is my opinion. I do not have that amount of time to listen. 30 mins yes.

Talking about the video, have you thought about cutting in footage of the games you are talking about from promo videos etc? Even ask to use some of the live stream footage.

Do not forget at this moment in time, you two are THE UK Pinball podcasters. The only pair. There is no reason why it should not be as good as any of the USA ones.

First time I have listened . Only hung in there a few minutes. My thoughts ….

No offence but Christ . Are people really listening / watching an hour and half of this . It’s 2 blokes talking 😂
FTR I don’t really do any podcasts, blogs whatever. Mainly because they go on forever. At least with a printed article I can read it in 10 minutes or so , and don’t have to look at someone’s mug or listen to their voices. I get bored listening to myself and my own friends let alone virtual strangers 😂

I’ll go to bed now with a good book. 🙌😃
Peace out

Last edited:
Wish all the best there but you would rather there was less segregation in a small community. Life's too short etc. Maybe the members will have the word on the street about what game's next.
just sign up to knapp arcade you get everything first there , Kaneda also banging on about a game in the early year everyone is gonna want to buy .

Jaws ( Elwin )
Pokémon ( danger )
Dungeons and dragons ( ? )

That's the next stern rumours

I'm not sure why people keep bringing the length up (story of my life). It's a casual Podcast that you can listen to for as short or as long as you want, and then carry on later when you have time.

It also sounded fine to me, it's a talking Podcast, not a cinematic film score.

Keep it up 👍

Last edited:
I think it's a bit unfair to be talking about Pete on this forum when he's only got Kirk to defend himself. Let's not do that

I'm sure Pete would ask the same on his forum if it ever gets any posts

I'm enjoying the podcast. It's good to have different options. Keep it up ,👍

No offence but Christ . Are people really listening / watching an hour and half of this . It’s 2 blokes talking 😂
FTR I don’t really do any podcasts, blogs whatever. Mainly because they go on forever. At least with a printed article I can read it in 10 minutes or so , and don’t have to look at someone’s mug or listen to their voices. I get bored listening to myself and my own friends let alone virtual strangers 😂

Peace out

Think you've utterly missed the point of a podcast there. Should radio stations close shop? Lol

I’m really enjoying it, as someone has already mentioned, no one else is doing this in the uk, so there is definitely a space for it. As for the length, it’s perfect, I’ll happily watch a 4 hour joe rogan podcast, if the guest or subject matter interests me.
And I miss Neil around here, so nice to here his view on things

Think you've utterly missed the point of a podcast there. Should radio stations close shop? Lol
Posted after some beers of course 😃 I guess the point I boozily failed to make was if you are having a lengthy video feed at least have something to look at , for those that do like to sit and watch the radio 😃

All the best with it .

Ok, half way through and is entertaining enough good to hear non-shilling views.

Hopefully open to some constructive critic?
Dude on the left, when you ask a question, please let dude on right properly answer it.
Don’t keep jumping in and taking the story on a bit of a tangent. Dude on right then has to recalibrate his train of thought.
Luckily, dude on right picked up where he left off.
Recognise the Cues 👍

The new forum you need a secret hand shake to get the URL so I was lead to believe.

At the end of the day running this forum is not cheap. Paul is not making millions a year. I bet it costs him a lot of money to run if the truth is known.
A lot of us in this business (which I started in around 1998) get told things that is not for the general public.

It is 'classic' Neil - when he doesnt like something or gets excluded - he starts his own. Forums/competitions. But I am actually going to stick up for him, yes - shock horror. I disagree with him on quite a few things, and he does have some great qualities. He is very generous and charitable. Discussions are also more fun on here when he was about.

The ban thing is something I am not sure what happened. There has to be rules. They have to be enforced.

Last thing - Scott - please get a decent mic and maybe some in ear headphones. I do not know who edits abd puts it online, but get both parties to record their own dialog and mix it together for better quality. As (I would say) a podcast is primarily an audio experiemce, the audio needs to be great. You put on a Kaneda podcast and it sounds glorious on speakers or headphones.

I have already voiced I think its way too long. That is my opinion. I do not have that amount of time to listen. 30 mins yes.

Talking about the video, have you thought about cutting in footage of the games you are talking about from promo videos etc? Even ask to use some of the live stream footage.

Do not forget at this moment in time, you two are THE UK Pinball podcasters. The only pair. There is no reason why it should not be as good as any of the USA ones.
Hang on, don't forget @Gonzo does podcasts also.

Hang on, don't forget @Gonzo does podcasts also.

I wouldn't class Gonzos as a Podcast, to me Podcast is an audio only format, the GBB video is uneeded really, but just makes it easier to listen to the podcast, and Im sure many would agree its probably better without the video on.

Gonzos is more video orientated than just talking, theres probably a new or it but just cant recall it at the moment.

Ok, half way through and is entertaining enough good to hear non-shilling views.

Hopefully open to some constructive critic?
Dude on the left, when you ask a question, please let dude on right properly answer it.
Don’t keep jumping in and taking the story on a bit of a tangent. Dude on right then has to recalibrate his train of thought.
Luckily, dude on right picked up where he left off.
Recognise the Cues 👍
The wife agrees don't worry!

🤣

I wouldn't class Gonzos as a Podcast, to me Podcast is an audio only format, the GBB video is uneeded really, but just makes it easier to listen to the podcast, and Im sure many would agree its probably better without the video on.

Gonzos is more video orientated than just talking, theres probably a new or it but just cant recall it at the moment.

It's me talking to myself a lot of time Chris 😬

My favourite thing is filming the pinball machines though. Ultimately I'd love to have video footage of almost every machine in either HD or 4K.

I'm more than happy to do the podcast based chat's when I can but can't commit with any regularity due to work.

It was always my intention to have a visual pinball channel with a bit of everything on it. Games rooms, new machines, interviews, old games, clubs and general silliness.

Certainly my audio quality is not of a sufficient standard to do audio only.

Anyway, I'll bu@@er off and talk to myself and not derail the chaps thread further.

Good luck fellas.

It's me talking to myself a lot of time Chris 😬

My favourite thing is filming the pinball machines though. Ultimately I'd love to have video footage of almost every machine in either HD or 4K.

I'm more than happy to do the podcast based chat's when I can but can't commit with any regularity due to work.

It was always my intention to have a visual pinball channel with a bit of everything on it. Games rooms, new machines, interviews, old games, clubs and general silliness.

Certainly my audio quality is not of a sufficient standard to do audio only.

Anyway, I'll bu@@er off and talk to myself and not derail the chaps thread further.

Good luck fellas.

I enjoy your videos and dont think you need to change anything about them, was just replying to the reply as I dont consider what you do as a podcast, more maybe a Vlog?

But I like that it isnt you just talking you usually add visual parts to your videos, like you top 50 board or still images/videos or whatever the current topic is.

I enjoy your videos and dont think you need to change anything about them, was just replying to the reply as I dont consider what you do as a podcast, more maybe a Vlog?

But I like that it isnt you just talking you usually add visual parts to your videos, like you top 50 board or still images/videos or whatever the current topic is.

Thanks Chris mate, I always try and add a visual accompaniment with the top 50.

That's why I've not put STTNG or LOTR on the list yet. I sold them before I started doing the channel properly so don't have great footage.

One of the main problems when buying a pinball machine is lack of good steady close-up video. There's plenty of stream footage and some grainy mobile phone videos but not enough to really inspect the playfield. I was looking at a TOTAN a couple of months ago and found practically nothing that showed close-ups of the game in any detail.

Anyway, I genuinely am bu@@ering off now. Sorry to Scott.

just sign up to knapp arcade you get everything first there , Kaneda also banging on about a game in the early year everyone is gonna want to buy .

Jaws ( Elwin )
Pokémon ( danger )
Dungeons and dragons ( ? )

That's the next stern rumours
This guy has a lot of misses though?

Has predicted some downfalls it must be said, like the deeproot thing I've seen recently but maybe that was obvious to all following it.

Peace out

It's a fair point it's not everyone's cup of tea but there can be times when it fits like on a workday, for me at least anyway if you can put anything on for background without anyone saying wtf is this?

I like it they should continue to make it as best as they can. If they come into my YouTube feed (like a fair amount of pinball does) then I'll probably watch it, always 2x speed though like any spoken word otherwise it's too slow for me.

I am wondering what happened but rules are rules like Pick said but maybe it's me thinking it can't be that bad. Honestly I don't need to know but maybe it can be resolved one day.

I know things like this aren't everyone's cup of tea but it is a chance to show @Gonzo, @s000m and Neil some love by voting for them, if you like their content of course. They are listed variously under Favourite Pinball Podcast, Favourite YouTube Channel and
Best New Pinball Content Creator.

It's only a bit of fun so don't take it too seriously 👍.

Last edited:
Also apologies for Neils Looping audio, he's promising that maybe one day he'll have it all sorted :D

Considering Neil hates Roadshow he seems to mention it a lot 😉

Ted eats the ball and it's decent!
Plus you can also hold the balls with the mini left flipper like on Jaws.
You're wrong about being able to do that on Baywatch's shark flipper, it'll just roll past it 😁

I think that’s a great idea if you can do a tournament based on “maximum 5 minute ball time” for each ball. If Stern can implement this on future code updates, that would would be a game changer 😁.
People would have to adapt their gameplay in a totally different fashion.
I would love to try out that format 👍🏼

I think that’s a great idea if you can do a tournament based on “maximum 5 minute ball time” for each ball. If Stern can implement this on future code updates, that would would be a game changer 😁.
People would have to adapt their gameplay in a totally different fashion.
I would love to try out that format 👍🏼
easy enough to add this feature to any game. just kill the flipper circuit after x seconds. even easier to trigger a tilt but of course that kills end of ball bonus. that would be interesting. you’d be trying to drain before the tilt timer kicked it 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom