What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great British Pinball Podcast

It was a thing of beauty Vee. I'll stopped halfway through for a spot of lunch 😉
Thanks. I'm currently looking for an agent and, if that doesn't work out, I'll self-publish on Wattpad. My dream is that it gets picked up by a big publisher and optioned for Netflix ;)

Thanks. I'm currently looking for an agent and, if that doesn't work out, I'll self-publish on Wattpad. My dream is that it gets picked up by a big publisher and optioned for Netflix ;)
I think at least 3 seasons worth of screenplay there Vee 🤣

Which actor will play Neil?

I think

My local chippy’s chief fish fryer is a part time actor and bears a striking resemblance……
Are you sure it's not the same bloke? Have you ever seen Neil and the chippy chap together?

That’s my listening sorted for the trip to Daventry. I’ll ask Siri to read it for me.
Here’s the short version for those of you at work or with less than 10% battery 🪫 on your phone…..The writer, a newcomer to the community, volunteered to host an event for the London & SE League. They faced challenges due to having young children, including one with autism who struggles with noise and crowding. The person named Neil seemed to have issues with the league's organization, engaging in online arguments with the writer. Neil purposely organized an event that clashed with the writer's league date. The writer rescheduled their event twice to avoid conflicts and received an offensive message from Neil online. Despite Neil's positive contributions to the community, his odd and hostile behavior toward the writer remains confusing. The writer expresses confusion and frustration about Neil's actions, emphasizing it's not due to jealousy or toxicity.

I think at least 3 seasons worth of screenplay there Vee 🤣

Which actor will play Neil?
Well, my older son thinks I look like an older Sophia Lillis - so, that casting decision is easy (my husband thinks I look more like Ingrid Bergman, but we'll ignore that as he's biased).

I couldn't possibly comment on casting for Neil 😇 I assume, were he still on the forum, he'd want to be played by Jason Statham. My husband suggests, Hollywood-casting-wise, Neil would be played by Ralph Fiennes.

Last edited:
Here’s the short version for those of you at work or with less than 10% battery 🪫 on your phone…..The writer, a newcomer to the community, volunteered to host an event for the London & SE League. They faced challenges due to having young children, including one with autism who struggles with noise and crowding. The person named Neil seemed to have issues with the league's organization, engaging in online arguments with the writer. Neil purposely organized an event that clashed with the writer's league date. The writer rescheduled their event twice to avoid conflicts and received an offensive message from Neil online. Despite Neil's positive contributions to the community, his odd and hostile behavior toward the writer remains confusing. The writer expresses confusion and frustration about Neil's actions, emphasizing it's not due to jealousy or toxicity.

That's the trailer to the movie 😂

And here's the really concise version:

Vee thinks Neil is a bit of a nob.

Sadly, it's not that simple. I'm relatively new here (bought first machine in 2021). I volunteered this year to host for London & SE League. This was a huge deal for me as I'm new to the community, I hadn't put my pins on public display before and, also, I have very young children. I couldn't have my children in my house during the league event because my older son is autistic with significant sensory issues around noise/crowding, which meant I had to organise off-site childcare, and I had to do this weeks in advance.

Neil apparently has some issue with the way London & SE League is run, which I'm not party too. I've also got into trolling matches with him here on the forum (he sometimes comes across as a bully online and I don't like bullies).

Anyway, the London & SE League dates had been published for months when Neil, deliberately from what I gather, organised an event at Pinball Republic to clash with my league date. To avoid people being torn about what to attend, I decided to reorganise my event. First, I organised a date that clashed with Swavesey, so I chose to reorganise again to last weekend. This meant I had to rebook childcare twice (luckily free family childcare, but it inconvenienced my parents-in-law nonetheless). I had an argument with Neil on Facebook about this - he has subsequently deleted the entire thread, but the take-home message was he felt he could organise a better league than London & SE League, and plans to, and - thus - f**k my event.

When I rearranged my event to 12th August, I was messaged by a forum user to tell me that Neil had posted on his Facebook profile an event clashing with my new date. This was explicitly an attack on me as it made reference to autism, Greenwich (where I live), veganism (lord knows why, I'm not vegan) and a lack of beer (no one wanted soft drinks at my league event, anyway. I just had multiple requests for cups of tea)! Both my husband and I were baffled as, at that point, we'd never even spoken to Neil in person. I'd not done anything, apart from the Facebook comment and a bit of trolling on here, and it just felt weird and creepy. It was weeks after I'd commented on Facebook, I'd never given him a second thought, but it felt like I was living rent-free in his head. Anyway, within twenty-four hours or so, he'd deleted this event from Facebook - presumably, he'd never intended it to be a real event or someone had complained it was nasty 🤷‍♂️

He has done a lot of great things for the community and is spending huge passion, time and effort, as well as his own money. The first time I spoke to him in person, I took the time to thank him for bringing over the low-reflective glass from the States, of which we now have several sheets. My husband started a conversation with him to try to clear the air. Neil did know who I was, without asking, so I guess he'd asked someone to point me out at some point (I mean, why? I'm nobody) 🤷‍♂️

Thus, it's not jealously and toxicity - it's downright confusion on my part. And I say this as someone who was recently inconvenienced by him. Luckily, my parents-in-law were extremely understanding of why we were being messed about, but it obviously inconvenienced them too, and also my mum - who I also roped into providing childcare while we twice tried to get our machines in shape for different league dates. I simply don't understand why he needs to behave in what's a profoundly odd and hostile way to someone he's never spoken to due to a conflict about a league that's not doing him any harm, and which I wasn't involved with at the point where he apparently had an argument with the organisers 🤷‍♂️

Colour me confused. But this isn't because he's successful. It's because he's... well, odd.

Sorry for the long post. I know someone is going to rock up to complain. I write long, I touch type and I'm not going to apologise for that. Just figured someone needs to hear from the newbie...
I never got a chance to thank you and Jonathan for your wonderful hosting and hospitality, we all had a lot of fun and appreciate you hosting the event for everyone to enjoy!

Machines were all in fantastic condition and thank you for all the lovely snacks too! :thumbs:

Vin

I never got a chance to thank you and Jonathan for your wonderful hosting and hospitality, we all had a lot of fun and appreciate you hosting the event for everyone to enjoy!

Machines were all in fantastic condition and thank you for all the lovely snacks too! :thumbs:

Vin
No, thank you :) You were an exemplary guest, not only bringing a bottle of wine, but also complimenting me on the condition of the Creech I had just spent two days cleaning/re-rubbering/replacing parts on. There is no greater compliment to a pinball owner than noticing they've just cleaned and re-rubbered a machine 🥰

Thank you to everyone who came. It wouldn't be possible to hold a tournament without all the players, after all! I had a little panic about 11am on Saturday morning that no one would turn up as the date had been changed, but we had a good turnout for the season :)

Thought this podcast was out today?
Been on a looooong drive and could have done with it😁

Listened to this on a flight yesterday, really enjoyable thank you, best yet. Both of you were on top form, keep it up 👍

I liked this podcast, it's good the two hosts are coming with different likes and dislikes of tables. It's good it covers the UK scene, I wasn't at Pinfest this year and liked the stories around the hotel (games for charity etc).

I liked this podcast, it's good the two hosts are coming with different likes and dislikes of tables. It's good it covers the UK scene, I wasn't at Pinfest this year and liked the stories around the hotel (games for charity etc).
Thanks we'll try and bring a guest on next time, its just organising the times!

Back
Top Bottom