What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters Premium

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Strange, those posts didn't show up in a global search for me, for him.

Those are really bad, yeah ... though not the worst I've seen. Think he's had his a month, with light play. By that stage, some people had that ghosting, much worse lifting / sinking, and crazing over many.

There are pf dates from the latter part of last year right through to mid August (latest batch) with these exact problems.

AFAIK all the most recent GBs' pfs are made by the new supplier, whether it's a contractor or Stern themselves. Given the materials / process used, none are going to be 'safe' I'm afraid.

Some will be better, some will be worse. But the wood being used and likely inadequate clear setting and drying time will always lead to what's happening.

Would upload one of the pics but in Spain and on ipad and can't grab them so easily.

Yes getting accurate data on this topic is pretty tough but I'm resigned to the fact that the machines arriving for us all are going to have this problem. A right pain it's going to be to get this sorted!

There is a guy on pinside from sidcup who had posted showing really bad ghosting after a handful of pays? Does anyone know him? (Pinhead1982?) not sure if he has an LE or Pre.

It was an LE. Played 100 games on mine last night (in his post is was apparent after only a few plays) not ghosting (or delamination of the clear as normal people would call it). usual dimples but played great out of the box, no issues so far.

Cool mine is coming in a couple of hours !!!

I'll let you know if I see anything suspicious, but am sure it'll be fine.

It was an LE. Played 100 games on mine last night (in his post is was apparent after only a few plays) not ghosting (or delamination of the clear as normal people would call it). usual dimples but played great out of the box, no issues so far.

Very Useful - any chance you can post the date stamp on your playfield?

Cheers
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a fair number of games on mine last night, a bit disappointed that I needed to clean the playfield when NIB. Playfield covered in ball tracks or snail trailso_O

Last edited:
Ian - what does,the storage facility insert look like?

Chris & Phil just left and I've had my first few games. Chris set the high score as 300 mil (Phil got a video). I've managed 200 mil after 3 games (which for a very bad player I'm pleased with).

Storage multiball is the best fun I've had on a pinball machine in a long time, was surprised by the amount of new ghosts in ecto goggles.

Chris said Premium plays better than Pro and LE and has had improvements over them.

Chuffed to bits. 6 months wait well worth it.

Just heard that mine's been delivered. Unfortunately I'm at work today and need to move a machine out to make space so probably won't be able to unbox until tomorrow!

I've emailed pin matrix or something in the US that make a protector - happy to grab a few if anyone wants one.

Neil

Where do they fit onto ? How do they work? I've only see a few airballs so far, but not had too many games.

These are the LE play fields date that don't seem to have any problems (yet?)

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 23
FYI My Playfield is stamped 25th August and can't spot any issues.

Good to hear - keep and eye on that insert - seems to be the first one that goes. On a plane home hoping my table arrives in parallel!

Cheers
Neil

Where do they fit onto ? How do they work? I've only see a few airballs so far, but not had too many games.

They are on pingrafix website - US guys are saying a must have so -

Neil

Main issues I have had is airballs !, and the Scoleri brothers drop targets not dropping when hit. @kevlar did you find a solution?

I've found this on a few NIB Sterns. They tend to settle down after a 100 games or so as the materials start to wear a little. My MET was particularly bad at rejecting hits, but now works 100%. If it really doesn't settle down then you can adjust the spring to increase the tension.

Back
Top Bottom