What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters Premium

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

anyone got one of these on order heard anything about when they are turning up?

folks saying on pinside euro shipment went out already...

Cheers,
Neil.

Same, ordered one from Phil, last update was September delivery.

Not sure if they're even on the line yet. Yesterdays Stern factory video showed they were making more TWD.

@philpalmer Any updates?

I'm in now for a Premium, Phil saying about 3 weeks

I'm not sure Premiums are being made up until they've fixed all the PF issues ... if they are being made up and stock-piled or sent out now / before the issues are fixed, then I'd ask for your order to not be fulfilled yet.

See the legion issues with ghosting, cracking and sinking inserts with very quickly chipping clear / paint elsewhere on Pinside.

Last edited:
So they'll all be up for sale again by christmas then?
:thumbs:

Though none of the sales here or elsewhere list it as a reason for selling, for obvious reasons, I imagine fear of developing serious PF issues (which seems quite likely atm) has to be a major factor in how many are being shifted on, days or weeks after receipt.

If Stern don't definitively fix the production issues - they're apparently responsible for their own PFs now - and promise to look after affected buyers, you've got to think there'll be lots more up for sale.

Agree it's a pretty sorry story but I'm thinking they aren't going to do anything or atleast anything that doors pass the cost on to us - distributors here in the EU are brave!

But - So people are selling because of play field - then why are people buying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see people's fear of the unknown being the reason for the sales.
Don't see why people think the boards will be less reliable than 30-40 year old technology.
I can understand the fear of everything on one board but is the pric for a replacement board going to be prohibitively expensive ?

A lack of replaceable LEDs could be a problem but then again a lot of bulb problems tend to be connection issues

not the boards people are worried about its ghosting inserts and clear coat falling off after only a handful of games.

Per above, though Spike seems to have a few more issues than what it replaced, that has nothing to do with all the issues this year and people cancelling orders.

Stern have been knowingly shipping seriously defective playfields for months now. They've been stalling for time and haven't publicly commented on it despite what must be many hundreds of cases, and likely ultimately in the 4 figures of units effected.

i dont listen to most of the stuff pinside yes they maybe a few problems but this is pretty normal with any new production if audi have a know problem do they stop production errrrrmmm no
i know a few people with gb le and they are very happy with it

Last I heard, container was leaving Stern THIS WEEK.... so it should have left :)

If Stern knowingly shipped defective playfields to the UK then its going to cost them an awful lot more to put right than domestic games isn't it.... I dont think its worth worrying too much about.

Phil

i dont listen to most of the stuff pinside yes they maybe a few problems but this is pretty normal with any new production if audi have a know problem do they stop production errrrrmmm no
i know a few people with gb le and they are very happy with it

I'm normally of that view when it comes to issues (banana iPhone for example) but on this case I think it's hard to ignore the wealth of evidence and not just from the Americans but from all over the world and some of the individual Comms to affected users.

And its not just GB, there are several titles with this problem, I saw a Spiderman VE with ghosted inserts and then the clear cracking over it first hand I Tucson AZ - machine was months old but in worse shape than the 20 year old BoP I bought from you.

Car manufacturers absolutely shut down production when they are faced with a fault that would require a field fix because it costs them massively to do a field based fix. BMW shutdown production of all BMW M cars last month for several weeks because a diff problem was identified - they actually in most cases don't have a choice but to shutdown but their problem is that they rarely find the problems early enough that make it out to the wild. Audi TT wheel failures a while back stopped production. Land Rover Diesel engine failures stopped production, Bridgestone tyre failures stopped production in hundreds of car factories. (A pet area of study for me the know it all that I am LOL :)

I was vaguely concerned after reading about the various issues on Pinside, but I trust Phil and know that he'd do all he could to resolve any major issues. Really looking forward to getting the game but as luck would have it I'm away for a couple of weeks in September!

Last I heard, container was leaving Stern THIS WEEK.... so it should have left :)

If Stern knowingly shipped defective playfields to the UK then its going to cost them an awful lot more to put right than domestic games isn't it.... I dont think its worth worrying too much about.

Phil
Good to see.
If it's defective and under warranty then it's their problem to resolve it.

Edit: Assuming they admit to a fault.

Last edited:

Phil

Can't speak for games in the UK, as no-one has publicly acknowledged issues yet, but there are games all over Europe and Australia/NZ as well as North America with them.

The issue is so widespread, has been going on so long and the clear wear and insert degradation so swift that there is no way there can be talk of 'lemons' or bad batches. There's clearly a fundamental problem.

Unless PFs for the UK are coming from a different source, there will be issues. If that is the case, then you and the UK market can count themselves extremely lucky ... though such a difference would undoubtedly raise further questions for Stern to answer.

Either way, it's obvious from Stern's public silence and slow response that they're more than happy for their customers, distributors and dealers to hang.

If people believe Stern will go out of their way to look after them, I'd say both their ownership of the problems so far and the fact that they've been continually cutting corners and costs for years shows otherwise.

A company that continues production and distribution of knowingly faulty product, probably faulty precisely because of continual cost cutting, is hardly likely to take a belt and braces approach to satisfying those effected.

As Neil McCrae hinted at above, if they intended to deal with every case in a fair manner -cost of new pfs, labour and shipping- their outlay would be astronomical and they'd have completely halted production.

Main concern I have is that it's not clear they know what's causing this. They certainly aren't admitting it - If the machines have been shipped in the last week then it's a fair bet they have this problem. Which is a bit of a ****ter in my view.

Good to see.
If it's defective and under warranty then it's their problem to resolve it.

Edit: Assuming they admit to a fault.

They don't have to admit a fault and It will be whoever you buy it from that has to put it right - fortunately we have very strong consumer protection here that isn't the case in the US.

@philpalmer if you don't mind me asking - do you order direct from Stern or do they have a distributor in the EU?

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah was playing the pro at chief last week and was amazed by how fast it is and the number of air Balls

Back
Top Bottom