What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Thanks for the heads up. I just took a reading to make sure we’re up to date. Mind you it took ten minutes to get on their website as there is a virtual queue for it. Looks like a lot of people are doing the same.

Looking at my statements, although we’ve managed to halve our electricity use over the last few months, the bills still went up 50% to nearly £350. Madness.

Bulb have been on the edge of bust for a while now, but I dont think anyone with Bulb will be getting moved over to another company anytime soon, news appears to say they will be put into administration and run by the government under special mearsures, im sure all the other existing companies wouldnt want to take on 1.7 millions customers at the price cap and possibly face huge losses.

I thought Neon Reef would go under, I saw their deals whem symbio went bust and thought about it for a second but looking at their website they had closed their online customer services and there were loads of reviews saying no one could get in contact with them, with that and them offering fixed deals well below the current price cap and wholesale prices there was no way they were going to last, they were just doing a money grab to keep paying the owners salaries, also seen reviews saying peoples direct debits had been put up just before they went under.

How have other peoples take overs being going, Symbio who I was with stopped operating and EON took over from the 3rd of October but the switch has still not completed. Only just got setup with an online account last week, and currently says switch will be completed by the 28th November. Still waiting for my final bill from Symbio as well, luckily I owe them so they arent holding any of my money, but they did put my DD up just before they went bust.

I am/was with bulb. We have just received an email telling us about special administration. Any word of useful advice?

I am/was with bulb. We have just received an email telling us about special administration. Any word of useful advice?
No point doing anything at this point, if you try to move the cheapest you can get is the price capped rate, thats even if any company will let you move, Octopus wont let you move online anymore you have to ring them to "discuss", and if you dont move the worst you will get is the price capped rate, will be interesting to see if people lose their fixed deals with Bulb due to it being taken over by an administrator.

Bulb don’t have fixed deals. There is only one tariff.
One of the reasons I went with them in the first place. Simple tariff structure, leave at any time, no contract tie in.
Pity they have the way of the Norwegian Blue

I was with avro energy which died few months ago and was automatically put onto octopus but not heard anything since.

Neon took a DD payment the day before they went bust, and i hadn't received any bill from them. Bank did a DD reclaim for me, cash back in my bank until this **** storm is settled.

Neon took a DD payment the day before they went bust, and i hadn't received any bill from them. Bank did a DD reclaim for me, cash back in my bank until this **** storm is settled.
I had email from them yesterday to say they’d gone teets up but saying I shouldn’t cancel direct debits!!!! Too late.

I guess that was one of the questions i was asking myself. Shall I cancel my direct debit? Account is in credit.

I was with Igloo that went bust a good few weeks ago.... as soon as this happened I cancelled my direct debit as I was in credit with Igloo. I have been moved over to E.ON next. I think when they move you they have to put you on their cheapest variable tariff and the price is fixed for 6 months... so it's like having a 'cheap' fixed tariff that you can move at any time... paying 21p per Kwh (electric) which is more than I was paying but not too bad compared to fixed tariffs around at the moment.

I'm not with bulb any more but received this email, looks like if you was on a good rate with them it will remain the same?
1637751805465.png

Just cancelled my DD with Green as was over £500 in credit with them and the cheeky buggers still took two monthly DD payments after going busto. Can't believe they were allowed to do that when I specifically requested them to offset bills against the credit. Anyway, the credit moves over to Shell so let's see how long that lasts...

Just cancelled my DD with Green as was over £500 in credit with them and the cheeky buggers still took two monthly DD payments after going busto. Can't believe they were allowed to do that when I specifically requested them to offset bills against the credit. Anyway, the credit moves over to Shell so let's see how long that lasts...
I'm in similar position, although did cancel my DD and only 340 in credit.

I'm in similar position, although did cancel my DD and only 340 in credit.
Wotcha Greg!

Yes the weird thing is that we were specifically told not to cancel our DD as that would come across too. Oh well, better to be in credit though it's about £680 in credit now. Madness!

Back
Top Bottom