What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Anyone know what the price cap / standard actual unit rate pence per KWH is for both Gas & Electricity please ?

I looked on Ofgem and it's not that straight forward, lots to download like the attached - just plain English will do.

I had British Gas (my default supplier after PFP went) calling me trying to move me from the standard to some new fixed rates; was to busy to go into it at the time but they reckoned cheaper...

Thanks

Attachments

• Default_tariff_cap_level_v1.9.xlsx
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
I think its about 21p per KWh for electric and 4p per KWh for Gas.

Im currently with EonNext electric only after being moved from Symbio and that is at 20.21 per KWh for Electric with a 26.46p standing charge (21.19p per KWh and 31.16p standing charge for none DD payment)

I cant see anyone doing a fixed deal for less than the price cap at the moment as the wholesale price is higher than the price cap. But the price cap is rumoured to be rising about 30% at the next recalculation coming in on 1st April.

If anyone of the big players is offering a fixed deal below the price cap them it would be a no brainer to sign up for it, unless they go into administration like Bulb.

I think its about 21p per KWh for electric and 4p per KWh for Gas.

Im currently with EonNext electric only after being moved from Symbio and that is at 20.21 per KWh for Electric with a 26.46p standing charge (21.19p per KWh and 31.16p standing charge for none DD payment)

I cant see anyone doing a fixed deal for less than the price cap at the moment as the wholesale price is higher than the price cap. But the price cap is rumoured to be rising about 30% at the next recalculation coming in on 1st April.

If anyone of the big players is offering a fixed deal below the price cap them it would be a no brainer to sign up for it, unless they go into administration like Bulb.
Thank you for the information @Fantazia2
I'll update with details of their offer when they no doubt bug me again :)

My turn...

I was paying £82pm for a year, EDF have just taken £236, and that's my new monthly payment.
🤔😐
I live here alone (mostly!)..
And a few months ago EDF offered to fix my rate, which I accepted.. So I'm confused how it can jump up that much?
I don't get it.

My turn...

I was paying £82pm for a year, EDF have just taken £236, and that's my new monthly payment.
🤔😐
I live here alone (mostly!)..
And a few months ago EDF offered to fix my rate, which I accepted.. So I'm confused how it can jump up that much?
I don't get it.

If youre on a fixed rate and not using any more than you were there was probably no reason for them to up your monthly payment unless you werent in credit on your account.

Likely they have just put it up to get more money incoming to themselves as it will be costing them more to supply electric/gas than what they are paying wholesale for it.

Might be worthile speaking to them if your account was in credit and get them to put the direct debit back down.

If youre on a fixed rate and not using any more than you were there was probably no reason for them to up your monthly payment unless you werent in credit on your account.

Likely they have just put it up to get more money incoming to themselves as it will be costing them more to supply electric/gas than what they are paying wholesale for it.

Might be worthile speaking to them if your account was in credit and get them to put the direct debit back down.

Fair point! Will try get in contact with them.
I've realised £82pm was rather cheap, I suppose as I've only lived here just over a year they have figured out my correct usage now 🙄

I'm with Bulb but owe them money because I reduced my monthly payment last year because of being in credit. They want me to increase my payment by X3! Good luck!

The price capped costs (as above) are much better than all the fixed rates I have found.
The new solar panels are now generating 10% a week of our needs which is better than I expected for this time of year, even have excess energy some days to trickle heat the hot water.
Once the PowerWall battery arrives, we should be able to charge that up on an EV tariff but only when our bloody SMETS 1 meter is either brought onto the next system or replaced.
We will cross our fingers and go onto the price capped costs and hope the situation with the meter gets sorted before the cap is raised in April.

£236 per month? 😲😲
Wow, that's some hike. Assume its gas and electric, still seems like a lot unless you're paying off a debt amount. That's the problem with DD

£236 per month? 😲😲
Wow, that's some hike. Assume its gas and electric, still seems like a lot unless you're paying off a debt amount. That's the problem with DD
Yeah dual fuel. Just came as a shock ad I'm used to £82 🙄

So cancel your direct debit and just pay for what you use at the end of the month.

mine is running at £650 a month now. from £245 a month. it’s the gas that’s killing my bills. i’m gonna start saving my farts in a jar like i did as a kid😂

My bill is about the same Alan. ****ing infuriating.

My electricity has been creeping up in cost, heating the log cabin with electric convection heaters is a larger part of the issue. How are other people doing it?
The cabin seems to use what an average household uses.
Do the air source heat pump air con units do a good enough job of heating too?

yup they are super Geoff. I've got them in my house now and am running them instead of the radiator based gas boiler. Go for Mitsubishi or Fujitsu.

Are they always on to get the heat benefit or can they quickly raise the temperature?
Have you tracked their electricity use when heating?
The cabin will get one first as it has to be better than 5kWh of convection heaters. Then see if we can phase out the gas boiler in the house.

Are they always on to get the heat benefit or can they quickly raise the temperature?
The cabin will get one first as it has to be better than 5kWh of convection heaters. Then see if we can phase out the gas boiler in the house.
5kw of heat from an ac unit will only use a bit over 1kw of electric👍
You can use them to quickly raise or lower the temp no problem.

mine is running at £650 a month now. from £245 a month. it’s the gas that’s killing my bills. i’m gonna start saving my farts in a jar like i did as a kid😂
😳
That's more than my mortgage!
You got your own Bessemer converter?

I managed to get away with £120 a month up to now, not sure what it's bumped to yet as octopus still sorting **** out with avro. I have found this house is pretty good with heat, only putting it on a little bit each day it stays warm in winter for the whole day and in summer it stays quite cool. And we don't seam to use much electric which is weird as dish washer / washer and the dyer are on 24/7.

Dyers are quite cheap to run once you get the swirling action nailed.

Tie-die?

Just has a Mitsi 4.5Kw unit fitted in my games room for 25m2. It's a game changer for me as I can now use my games room in the winter as I can get it warm from cold in no time at all. AC kicks out loads of heat. Do not leave it on all the time as I am not in there every day.

Just has a Mitsi 4.5Kw unit fitted in my games room for 25m2. It's a game changer for me as I can now use my games room in the winter as I can get it warm from cold in no time at all. AC kicks out loads of heat. Do not leave it on all the time as I am not in there every day.
How hard are those aircon/heater units to fit? my garage is about 25m2 as well, I am getting a normal radiator installed but if it can't heat the room properly i'll prob look into one of these.

Just got my "Welcome to British Gas" , after Neon, Symbio failures

21.607 per kWh, 25.664p per day .... estimated at £5,594 per year!

How hard are those aircon/heater units to fit? my garage is about 25m2 as well, I am getting a normal radiator installed but if it can't heat the room properly i'll prob look into one of these.
I fitted a radiator in my garage recently.

Back
Top Bottom