What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
No they don't. I've never had a penalty from Bulb since I cancelled my DD, lose the fear Paul.

The chances of me remembering to pay off something without DD is shockingly low. 😉

Also I’m pretty sure my low rate is contingent on having a DD set up. To be honest it’s not a huge problem having a credit balance, it’s not as if having it in my account would generate any real amount of interest. I just don’t like the idea of giving them cash in advance.

No they don't. I've never had a penalty from Bulb since I cancelled my DD, lose the fear Paul.
It was in the t&cs in black and white. I have cancelled it now anyway. The snakes sent an email a few days after they had gone bust wanting it reinstalled 😠

We built up £500 credit with the Bulb set up, cancelled the DD last week. Still £200 credit and they did not get back to us when asked for the credit to be refunded.

Moved to neon reef, crap reviews but cheapest I can find at 16.5p unit. We use 14000kw a year in our house, god knows how. Had a friends son work a week of his holiday time with me, normal job is disconnections and investigating/identifying bypassing of electricity meters for one of the big suppliers. Interesting tales from him but most interesting was his statement that no one in the business voluntarily takes a smart meter. I can’t remember the reasons, but he was adamant. ( regular Prince Charming)4E3BA698-4F02-4BA1-8CD7-5DE452C4B30F.png

I use neon reef for electric too. Bulb for gas. I'm thinking the reef will be next to fold..

Some timely reminders here.

It appears that if your supplier did not go bust, you were overpaying.

I was with green energy network and that went pop in January 2021. I was transferred to EDF but on my old tariff until now.

EDF presented a new tariff that was off the scale. It also announced a quadrupling of my monthly direct debt !!!!@@

So I moved to another supplier on a 2 year fix with no cancelation charge if you move earlier.

Cancelled my "about to quadruple" EDF direct debit. They can bill me a final amount

If folk have been ripped off by direct debits, surely the bank is on your side as there is a guarantee scheme. Has anyone tried using this?

I just switched from bulb to utility warehouse. Apparently they are the cheapest around at the moment. We’ll see. Interested to see if bulb refund me my credit owed or wether it miraculously turns into debt!!!

DDs are covered by a bank guarantee, go to your bank and just reclaim the payments you are owed. Takes a few days, and money back.
If it's anything like the almost 2 months it took to get back a cashpoint withdrawal which took the money back into the machine, we're talking months not days!

I never to D/D it may work out a bit cheaper per unit until they bang up your monthly payment then it's a fight to get a refund
I pay every 3 months, send in my reading and pay my bill.

Moved to neon reef, crap reviews but cheapest I can find at 16.5p unit. We use 14000kw a year in our house, god knows how. Had a friends son work a week of his holiday time with me, normal job is disconnections and investigating/identifying bypassing of electricity meters for one of the big suppliers. Interesting tales from him but most interesting was his statement that no one in the business voluntarily takes a smart meter. I can’t remember the reasons, but he was adamant. ( regular Prince Charming)View attachment 148712
14000 ? 😲😲😲😳😳😳 WOW
Hate to think how much a cannabis farm would cost to operate now

Moved to neon reef, crap reviews but cheapest I can find at 16.5p unit. We use 14000kw a year in our house, god knows how. Had a friends son work a week of his holiday time with me, normal job is disconnections and investigating/identifying bypassing of electricity meters for one of the big suppliers. Interesting tales from him but most interesting was his statement that no one in the business voluntarily takes a smart meter. I can’t remember the reasons, but he was adamant. ( regular Prince Charming)

14000 !?!? My household is 3700. Surely that can't be right. Yours is round about 4x mine! Sounds like you're powering the entire street! I think you need to investigate where all that is going.

14000 ? 😲😲😲😳😳😳 WOW
Hate to think how much a cannabis farm would cost to operate now
Nothing is the answer that😂, they melt the incoming they draw so much and it gets so hot the incoming fuse welds itself in!!!

I checked Bulb earlier and they are saying I was using 21000kw a year😭 Electric hot water and heating, loads of washing/drying etc Adds up.

When I moved here 20 years ago it was about 5 or 6 pence a kw.

Think the time has come to seriously consider solar panels etc

Can't always be dark and cold in Wales :)
Solar PV with battery storage definitely the way to go

If it's anything like the almost 2 months it took to get back a cashpoint withdrawal which took the money back into the machine, we're talking months not days!

Its days, it happens to our finance company all the time

Symbio :mad: 19pkw..... and we use 20Kw a year too, and thats after the SolarPV

You guys must have a lot of appliances and/or lots of children.
We used 2968Kw in the last year - must be a frugal swine

So, just how much power does a pinball use?
Is it a constant amount or varies when things get going?
Do they all use the same amount or are some 'thirstier' than others
EM's with incandescents > modern with LED's
Just curious

3 bed house, man cave 3 pins, electric car, 2 adults and a teen.....hmmm is the neighbour nicking my leccy and gas as well as my wifi....7k electic 17.2k gas, got LED lighting, new boiler, cook with the leccy not gas, put in new double glazing this month after 25 years! yes really they lastest 25 years, see if that makes a difference, and i didn't use the cheap sh*t DGUs you get from Pilkingtons.1633021167915.png

3 bed house, man cave 3 pins, electric car, 2 adults and a teen.....hmmm is the neighbour nicking my leccy and gas as well as my wifi....7k electic 17.2k gas, got LED lighting, new boiler, cook with the leccy not gas, put in new double glazing this month after 25 years! yes really they lastest 25 years, see if that makes a difference, and i didn't use the cheap sh*t DGUs you get from Pilkingtons.View attachment 148773
Any idea how much of your 7000 KW is the Electric car?

I'd say your usage is similar to mine in as far as there's only 2 of us here.

Any idea how much of your 7000 KW is the Electric car?
not a hell of a lot me thinks, but i do not know for sure, i do not have a charging point installed, only a granny cable. I calculated to fully charge it costs me about £2, its not a Tesla BTW.

not a hell of a lot me thinks, but i do not know for sure, i do not have a charging point installed, only a granny cable. I calculated to fully charge it costs me about £2, its not a Tesla BTW.
Leccy went mad the last quarter of last year, as put a 2kw non oil heater in man cave to keep the pins warm, i ran it day and night, i think i will only use it at night and when needed to, i have a smart sensor measuring damp and heat, and the humidity is pretty steady at 55%, and i keep it bobbling around 10 degrees, so i am thinking thats where mine has gone during the winter months. Will experiment with some more smart tech to switch on heater at certain criteria.

OMG the "tonight" programme on ITV tonight talking about energy costs, no mention of the standing charges, and no mention of the climate Levy, p*ss poor reporting again, a complete waste of airtime this.

Back
Top Bottom