What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENDED: Socially distanced new pinball league - everyone welcome!

Just checked mine, it's at 6.5. I find Barn one of the hardest shots to make. Not as hard as Woodbury, Tunnel and Riot of course, but still a hard shot on demand. Actually the more I think about it...its a bloody hard game! I played about 30mins today and couldn't get above 78mil. Then I moved over to BSD and initially that felt relaxing by comparison. But of course it isn't at all. Trying to stack those multiballs rarely works out. I need some less stress inducing easier games in the lineup.
It's a hard one to get right for sure.
I've had 1.8 bil but shifted to the Clenan rom and hovering around 500mil now.
Had Horde yesterday but the score wasnt much to rant about :)

I enjoy the game as always on the go.

I guess a lot of people pump the angle up due to getting upset by the center drain from the pops.
I tend to set my pins up at the standard level.
Isnt that what your supposed to do for the scoring to be relevant?

Makes the games too easy in my view. All of mine set at top leveller setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a hard one to get right for sure.
I've had 1.8 bil but shifted to the Clenan rom and hovering around 500mil now.
Had Horde yesterday but the score wasnt much to rant about :)

I enjoy the game as always on the go.

Holy crap!!! I've had nowhere near that out of it. My highest score is under 300m and I've owned it from new! You need to do some video tutorials!!! 😂

Mine are between 7 and 7.5, prefer the ball to move a bit faster. I tried lotr on 6.5 and thought it was way too slow.

Mine are between 7 and 7.5, prefer the ball to move a bit faster. I tried lotr on 6.5 and thought it was way too slow.
I used to set mine around 7 to 7.5 but found I was constantly messing with the angle.
TAF was permantly set to 7.5.
Just decided to stick with 6.5 and leave be and now dont have the OCD about the setup.
Holy crap!!! I've had nowhere near that out of it. My highest score is under 300m and I've owned it from new! You need to do some video tutorials!!! 😂
I've done the same thing as you and watched Bowen and a few people on you tube playing.
Theres a post on Pinside with a vid on multipliers if you want to build up on scores.
Watched @Neil McRae on twitch also.
I just stick with ramps and drops and try and keep the ball away from draining in the lanes.
Plenty of games end in lower than 100mil

I used to set mine around 7 to 7.5 but found I was constantly messing with the angle.
Just decided to stick with 6.5 and leave be and now dont have the OCD about the setup.
I did have mine with the rears all jacked to the max, found that app and the rest is history.
Happy now and I’m not getting under any pins soon to do the turtle, my poor knees cant take much more😫

I did have mine with the rears all jacked to the max, found that app and the rest is history.
Happy now and I’m not getting under any pins soon to do the turtle, my poor knees cant take much more😫

As I needed a new short spirit level anyway, when I got TNA, I also got one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064EGPXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ok, £37 is a lot for a spirit level, but at least it's accurate, and I've used it for quite a few things since.

I set TNA to exactly 6.5 degrees for the main playfield (upper playfield is close to 7 - is this standard that they are not exactly the same?), and it's plenty fast enough for me!

As I needed a new short spirit level anyway, when I got TNA, I also got one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0064EGPXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ok, £37 is a lot for a spirit level, but at least it's accurate, and I've used it for quite a few things since.

I set TNA to exactly 6.5 degrees for the main playfield (upper playfield is close to 7 - is this standard that they are not exactly the same?), and it's plenty fast enough for me!

There are loads of free mobile phone apps. Just search for spirit level :)

There are loads of free mobile phone apps. Just search for spirit level :)

Yeah I know - I downloaded one before getting the spirit level, but it was an excuse for another tool which is magnetic and can also be used to level cylinders (cos I often want to do that!), and as my phone is in a slightly odd-shaped waterproof case (and has been for the last 5 and 1/2 years), I was of the opinion the spirit level would be more accurate.

Ahh you young uns. I think there should be a handicap for age and associated reaction times. Bless you anyway.

Ok - this obviously doesn't count for the high score table, but just had a brilliant game on TNA playing 4 player co-op.

The game's still set to 3 balls, no extra balls, so total of 12 balls, but scored total over 15 million, and got all 9 reactors at which point everything flashes like mad and the flippers die. That was a really nerve-wracking last ball as I finished it on player 4 ball 3!

Total Nuclear Annihilation!

... now to do it with just 3 balls as a single player! :)

49761383978_c9c79b3399_k.jpg

49761384198_b94d24d910_k.jpg

Ok - this obviously doesn't count for the high score table, but just had a brilliant game on TNA playing 4 player co-op.

The game's still set to 3 balls, no extra balls, so total of 12 balls, but scored total over 15 million, and got all 9 reactors at which point everything flashes like mad and the flippers die. That was a really nerve-wracking last ball as I finished it on player 4 ball 3!

Total Nuclear Annihilation!

... now to do it with just 3 balls as a single player! :)

View attachment 105245

View attachment 105246
I like your thinking Sir.

Reactions: C&C
Not bad TNA score... 2,698,413. Should have been better, 4th reactor was ready to blow and 2 balls locked when game ended :mad:

My god, I always have a reactor about to blow and two balls locked at the end of my games too! :D :D :D :D

260 mil on LotR yesterday afternoon. Best score so far :clap:

Machine is set to *not* award extra balls on replay score (3x). I believe I still had 2 or 3 extra balls that game (through game awards). Otherwise mostly stock settings, I do have the cave troll sequence enabled.

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_151317.jpg
    IMG_20200412_151317.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 18
260 mil on LotR yesterday afternoon. Best score so far :clap:

Machine is set to *not* award extra balls on replay score (3x). I believe I still had 2 or 3 extra balls that game (through game awards). Otherwise mostly stock settings, I do have the cave troll sequence enabled.
Sometimes, I wonder if I wouldn’t like to get it back at home. Great machine.

Just pipped MonkeyboyPaul on Metallica 256, 567, 350 despite twice flipping too quickly and ending up with points instead of CIU mode! DOH!!

Also a couple of starters for XMen 55,576,590 and Indy 500 582,708,990.

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_135056.jpg
    IMG_20200413_135056.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200413_164455.jpg
    IMG_20200413_164455.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200413_170144.jpg
    IMG_20200413_170144.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom