What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENDED: Socially distanced new pinball league - everyone welcome!

Do i have to turn off the extra ball feature in the game? Just to be clear :)
Ideally, yes. And also turn off any bonus awards for replays and specials too - set them to credit.

Weirdly, having all those set to off, so you’ve no real safety net, has really focussed my game. Hasn’t improved it, but it’s a start.

I don't know about anybody else but it definitely feels like the harder I try the worse I play!

Definitely the case for me.

After some decent scores on TNA, the last few days I've not managed to get close to 2 million, so seem to be going backwards!

It's also my only game, so can't swap to something else for a while! :)

Definitely the case for me.

After some decent scores on TNA, the last few days I've not managed to get close to 2 million, so seem to be going backwards!

It's also my only game, so can't swap to something else for a while! :)

I spent a whole evening watching Bowen Kerins playing TWD and BSD. Downloading all that knowledge like Neo in the Matrix. Still can't hit a barn door. Really frustrating.

I spent a whole evening watching Bowen Kerins playing TWD and BSD. Downloading all that knowledge like Neo in the Matrix. Still can't hit a barn door. Really frustrating.

I know the feeling!

My BSD rarely lets you get away with a missed shot.

Got some Titan bands to put on though, interested to see what difference they make! My rubbers are shot, always bits of them over the playfield.

Just make sure its not tilted too high.
I use 6.5 degrees and barn shot is one of the easiest to hit.
Tunnel is probably the hardest.

Nice score Greg, I've been playing loads of Afm the last 2 days, can't get past my previous score of 8m!
Thanks Kev. To be fair that was after multiple attempts and lots of frustrating games. Did get 9.9 and 11.4 too but lots of rubbish also.

Was on last saucer for RTU but didn't complete that either on 4th ball (after this score) so only ended up with 14 after ball 4.

I don’t think I have it cranked up too much. The problem I'm now having is that I'm trying to concentrate my efforts on hitting the drop targets which I always usually forget about. So it's a very different and more risky gameplay. But mostly I suppose I'm just giving myself too much pressure and instead of just enjoying it I'm getting fixated on scores.

I know the feeling!

My BSD rarely lets you get away with a missed shot.

Got some Titan bands to put on though, interested to see what difference they make! My rubbers are shot, always bits of them over the playfield.

I have Titan bands on all my machines. It really improves things...and they seem to last forever. Although on BSD it does improve your odds of the slingshots just throwing the ball down the left outlane.

I did not yet played last games (except JP) but animations LCD are getting better and better.
your thoughts?

Elvira is a good game at the moment codewise and the layout is really good, I think it will be along the lines of BM66 for depth when the code is complete. Hopefully Lyman is busy adding to this and completing AC/DC whilst in Isolation

Holy cow! I’ve had Kiss for years and barely got close to one billion!

It needs to be on the latest code (at least since the big change anyway) and then get Kiss Army with the Colossal playfield multiplier (5x) if you take in the shot multipliers as well on the ramp (2x) and demon (2x) and then combo every shot you make (for example ramp before demon) for a further 2x, you can make shots worth up to 40x. Complete Kiss Army and the Super Jackpot can be monstrous.

Thanks Kev. To be fair that was after multiple attempts and lots of frustrating games. Did get 9.9 and 11.4 too but lots of rubbish also.

Was on last saucer for RTU but didn't complete that either on 4th ball (after this score) so only ended up with 14 after ball 4.
Great score and going to be hard to beat , if it wasn’t for the Heineken, Pina colada’s and too much chilli con carne/Doritos I would be up for it but not tonight😊
Still would struggle with only 3 balls, love a challenge👍

It needs to be on the latest code (at least since the big change anyway) and then get Kiss Army with the Colossal playfield multiplier (5x) if you take in the shot multipliers as well on the ramp (2x) and demon (2x) and then combo every shot you make (for example ramp before demon) for a further 2x, you can make shots worth up to 40x. Complete Kiss Army and the Super Jackpot can be monstrous.

o_O
this is why my scores are all ****e!
I just start modes and try and complete them- don’t know how to maximise the scoring.I don’t like watching tutorials as I like to discover the animations/video/ wizard modes, so it a surprise

Mrs Tox (Ammy) just had a really good game of Theatre of Magic.
First ball score was; 848,408,070.

7EF96836-9205-4727-8F8C-8446D646A53B.jpeg

Final score after 3 balls; 1,540,690,410

954FD4A9-93C9-464F-A84B-6938A5F9D0BE.jpeg

She started midnight madness and the ball went straight down at this point.... Gutted!

Finally had another decent game.
Maybe it was spending an hour watching Bowen Kerins destroy 8 reactors, or maybe not.

Anyway, improved my TNA score from 3,454,894 to a massively increased 3.480,404. A jump of 25,510.

Annoying bit is reactor 5 was critical, I'd hit 4 targets and just the big circular bumper to destroy it, with 2 balls still in play from the multiball, then both go down the drains at the exact same moment, and in a panic, couldn't move the ball save to the correct lane! :)

49757197392_48c218341c_k.jpg

yikes mine is almost 8 LOL
I guess a lot of people pump the angle up due to getting upset by the center drain from the pops.
I tend to set my pins up at the standard level.
Isnt that what your supposed to do for the scoring to be relevant?

Finally managed to get to chaos in quantum city on three balls.
5448bb4ce9cf97a01f73b1bae086e35f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Just checked mine, it's at 6.5. I find Barn one of the hardest shots to make. Not as hard as Woodbury, Tunnel and Riot of course, but still a hard shot on demand. Actually the more I think about it...its a bloody hard game! I played about 30mins today and couldn't get above 78mil. Then I moved over to BSD and initially that felt relaxing by comparison. But of course it isn't at all. Trying to stack those multiballs rarely works out. I need some less stress inducing easier games in the lineup.

Back
Top Bottom