What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira-HOH Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
^^ Could you imagine what a spotty nerd would be willing to pay for the shaved pube edition?
Stern know their market 👍
Stern are super clever, they sold these to do distributors stateside for an undisclosed figure and by allowing the distributors to price these themselves it keeps all the heat off Stern, genius!

But this is pure market research on Sterns part, I bet they will be asking each distributor to report what they sold them for similar to the Beatles platinums and diamonds. It gives Stern a real world gauge to what the ceiling might be for a special edition game.

This is Sterns go at a WOZ:YBR, but credit had to be given its a much better approach then JJP‘s, at least Stern are offering the same package give or take while charging more. JJP had the cheek to charge more for less!

The whole art package is beautiful. Pricing certainly has gone nuts, but if you can afford it, why not?

Think of the play lifespan your going to get though.

*Cue hovis bread advert music* ....."Eee i remember back just ten wee yares ago, 10k would have got ye an 'ouse full i tell ye"

Stern are super clever, they sold these to do distributors stateside for an undisclosed figure and by allowing the distributors to price these themselves it keeps all the heat off Stern, genius!

But this is pure market research on Sterns part, I bet they will be asking each distributor to report what they sold them for similar to the Beatles platinums and diamonds. It gives Stern a real world gauge to what the ceiling might be for a special edition game.

This is Sterns go at a WOZ:YBR, but credit had to be given its a much better approach then JJP‘s, at least Stern are offering the same package give or take while charging more. JJP had the cheek to charge more for less!
Not too sure the Beatles was a good thing for distributors many of them still have lots including the top of the range ones which if not sold already are going to be very difficult to shift
Jjp have done it several times with woz but it’s never been $7000 more let’s face it jjp limited edition is certainly not limited

Surely it doesn’t make any business sense for Electrocoin to buy Beatles Diamond, Platinum at just under the RRP.
These must be sale or return or they buy low and make a killing if some mug is silly enough to buy one. Perhaps a sale / agreement between Stern, the Distro and the retailers who push them - each take a respective cut.
The only ball ache will be the room taken in their warehouse.

Last edited:
Ooh. Sell my potc and get this? No way. Not worth it unless there is more of a usp like a new mech such as a rotating vuk that fires and a unique (and good) topper.

Ooh. Sell my potc and get this? No way. Not worth it unless there is more of a usp like a new mech such as a rotating vuk that fires and a unique (and good) topper.
You just made me realise this doesn't even include a topper!

This is crazy. I thought I joined when pin prices were going through the roof. Where is the ceiling to this market?!

People I knew laughed when I bought a VR headset for £1k that is small beans compared to this!

I don't think the heat is off Stern on this, its clearly a simple cash grab, which I don't blame them for as they need the cash. But the wider community is pretty hacked off with it.

There is simply no real incentive for pinball manufacturers not to gouge the market. Prices are insane but we all still clamour for the latest releases.
Playfield issues - no problem we still buy them
Prices above 10k - no problem we still buy them.
A grand for a plastic topper - we still buy them.

Surely it doesn’t make any business sense for Electrocoin to buy Beatles Diamond, Platinum at just under the RRP.
These must be sale or return or they buy low and make a killing if some mug is silly enough to buy one. Perhaps a sale / agreement between Stern, the Distro and the retailers who push them - each take a respective cut.
The only ball ache will be the room taken in their warehouse.
No such thing as sale or return

No such thing as sale or return
People forget on here that you have an allocation you have to have if you are a stern distributor hence the reason why electrocoin are stuck with many lz Beatles and bk pro which is a lot of money to have sat there so I suppose this is a good thing maybe but to be honest if let’s say Phil bought 5 there certainly won’t be 5 people in the uk willing to pay £18000 just like that you have also got to remember that Elvira has little or no appeal to uk people and defo not people who don’t know pinball

People forget on here that you have an allocation you have to have if you are a stern distributor hence the reason why electrocoin are stuck with many lz Beatles and bk pro which is a lot of money to have sat there so I suppose this is a good thing maybe but to be honest if let’s say Phil bought 5 there certainly won’t be 5 people in the uk willing to pay £18000 just like that you have also got to remember that Elvira has little or no appeal to uk people and defo not people who don’t know pinball

You'd think they'd have ended up doing a fire sale on the Beatles stock by now. Can't imagine what their plan is for those.

You just made me realise this doesn't even include a topper!

This is crazy. I thought I joined when pin prices were going through the roof. Where is the ceiling to this market?!

People I knew laughed when I bought a VR headset for £1k that is small beans compared to this!

It's ridiculous actually.

The lack of a topper absolutely demonstrates that this is a money grab rather than producing a truly exclusive and garnished Elvira for collectors.

To charge this sort of money whilst also leaving off a component that they already produce for the same machine is scurrilous.

They've not even made the best Elvira they're capable of.

Prices just stupid , buying one is stupid too , imagine how ****ed you would be if you were an le owner, I’ll stick with party monsters :)
I don’t get this point of view, Stern never state anywhere at release that there will never be another edition released.

At release you had the Prem/LE/SLE to choose from, buy the version you like best at the time, if a new edition comes out down the road and you must upgrade then do so.

Luckily in this case the original buyers are better off because that purple looks ****.

Back
Top Bottom