What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira-HOH Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
some new call outs and the gargoyles on the screen move about a bit more.

but it breaks and changes some other things i think. Id say wait for 1.08 TBH. the one with the the new mode.

the delay in the cellar kick out is annoying and they changed the white arrow color in the modes that told you when to hit the house to advance the mode. its not as obvious now which is also annoying.

i might roll back if it gets on my tits enough to bother.

some of the changes dont seem intentional so rushed out??

Contacted Stern who have at least replied really quickly. Their suggestion is to grab a different USB stick, format and try again....so i'm off hunting for another usb to format.
That's good news and progress. I contacted Stern a year or more ago about problems with two node boards and never even got a reply despite several emails.

Update...on my update: A full re-install seems to have sorted it out. Originally, I went with the default option which was Quick install with Verify. Decided to go with Full install with Verify this time and its all working again. Stern didn't specifically say a Full install was necessary but I didn't really care about losing my scores or anything like that so figured a Full install might be better. Still confused why the original update said it had all been verified and installation was successful when clearly it wasn't. The verify option isn't quite doing its job! But its working now so, happy days! Time to go set some new high scores :)

i noticed gappa starts comming round allot quicker now, almost to easy

im not the best player and have only made gappa a couple of times pre update, but kind of preferred it like that as its more of a reward.

Update...on my update: A full re-install seems to have sorted it out. Originally, I went with the default option which was Quick install with Verify. Decided to go with Full install with Verify this time and its all working again. Stern didn't specifically say a Full install was necessary but I didn't really care about losing my scores or anything like that so figured a Full install might be better. Still confused why the original update said it had all been verified and installation was successful when clearly it wasn't. The verify option isn't quite doing its job! But its working now so, happy days! Time to go set some new high scores :)
Good result Jason, glad its back up and working.

v1.08 now released....with *cough* - "Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance".

I read that as "v1.07 was a tad rushed and we've sorted it now, apologies for the inconvenience". I now need to re-do everything I did last night. Groundhog Day! (and if anyone doesn't understand why I just mentioned a groundhog, go find that film and watch it - awesome film!)

Last edited:
OK not sure how everyones getting on with 1.08 but since installing update from 1.07, my left slingshot is firing constantly on other switch hits including flipper buttons, so everytime i press the flipper button the left sling fires now.

First was with wifi update same result. So did a clean install with verify ON from USB. Still the same.

Theres no legacy code on stern site but need to roll back to 1.06 to see if that sorts the issue. (1.07 was a bit of a mess)

Does anyone have 1.06 by any chance?

If not ill have to try and get from stern tech support.

OK not sure how everyones getting on with 1.08 but since installing update from 1.07, my left slingshot is firing constantly on other switch hits including flipper buttons, so everytime i press the flipper button the left sling fires now.

First was with wifi update same result. So did a clean install with verify ON from USB. Still the same.

Theres no legacy code on stern site but need to roll back to 1.06 to see if that sorts the issue. (1.07 was a bit of a mess)

Does anyone have 1.06 by any chance?

If not ill have to try and get from stern tech support.
no problem here. Try opening the gap on the switch and see if its just a coincidence.

HA! your a genius Phil

Thats exactly what it was!.

How weird is that, It started literally on the first game after 1.08 update. Didnt even bother considering anything else as seemed to much of a coincidence to be any thing else
Thats pinball i guess.

Thanks mate.

QQ - What's peoples thoughts on a shaker motor in EHOH? Is it worth it? Does the code work well with it? I know some themes work well with it and some don't. Not really seeing where it would be good in EHOH but as there's a post up here tonight selling the shaker motors, I'm tempted to give it a bash. Thoughts appreciated on how good it is (or isn't) in this game. Thanks.

QQ - What's peoples thoughts on a shaker motor in EHOH? Is it worth it? Does the code work well with it? I know some themes work well with it and some don't. Not really seeing where it would be good in EHOH but as there's a post up here tonight selling the shaker motors, I'm tempted to give it a bash. Thoughts appreciated on how good it is (or isn't) in this game. Thanks.
Obviously I’m selling them but I have shakers in all my machines they add a real exciting element to gameplay and are removable so you can take out prior to selling and fit in your next stern

Personally I think this game benefits with it in; maybe give it a go and if you dislike keep for future or sell on 👍

It makes GAPPA ANGRY even better, gradually builds with the tension of each stage. Definitely worth it.

Hundred percent worth it, I had Chris B’s on loan and it added to the game

I haven't played any game where a shaker has made it worse and it's a relatively cheap upgrade, works great in elvira as others have said,definitely worthwhile adding one

How far off complete would you guys say the code is?; I was reading that when finished there should be 15 dead heads in total? (Also that there are like 3500 movie clips in the game) - asking for a friend...

It's complete, they recently added a few small things but that was unexpected. they could do that again but it's been complete for a long time
Great to know :) I wasn't sure what with Lyman no longer with us, that Stern might not've got round to putting everything planned in (scouring pinside the last I could see was "only" like 8 dead heads or something, with reference to the remaining 7 in the code, but not "plugged in" yet.

Great to know :) I wasn't sure what with Lyman no longer with us, that Stern might not've got round to putting everything planned in (scouring pinside the last I could see was "only" like 8 dead heads or something, with reference to the remaining 7 in the code, but not "plugged in" yet.
I felt like 8 (or however many it is!) was plenty, you need 3 to get to the main one, so unless you're getting 3 every time you play it's still enough variety imo.

It doesn't need more deadheads. There was a very recent code update anyway. It wants for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom