What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira-HOH Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I need to make room.. but I have no idea what to maybe sell (gonna sell spares to make up some of the ££) so I don’t have to..

Current games:
MM original
AFM original
BM66 Catwoman
Star Wars LE
Godzilla LE
Ghostbusters LE
James Bond LE
TBL EA #105
Big Bang Bar
TAFG #730
CFTBL

I guess you could say I am a fan of a fan layout.,

Last edited:
same boat. Have started invading the living room due to lack of space. Nothing i want to move on though. Will make it work somehow :)

time for a pinshed!

I need to make room.. but I have no idea what to maybe sell (gonna sell spares to make up some of the ££) so I don’t have to..

Current games:
MM original
AFM original
BM66 Catwoman
Star Wars LE
Godzilla LE
Ghostbusters LE
James Bond LE
TBL EA #105
Big Bang Bar
TAFG #730
CFTBL

Tough one with that line up! I’m sure you’ll get plenty of impartial feedback 😉

I wanted one so badly, absolutely loved it when I got it, but got old quicker than any pin I’ve had. Game time was so long and therefore my wife got fed up waiting for her turn. Don’t get me wrong, it shoots great and looks wonderful and very similar in feel to TAF but I honestly think TAF was better, definitely kept interest longer. Being a 2 flipper game doesn’t help either and I wasn’t a fan of the film clips, but I didn’t like GZ screen either and everyone loves that so what do I know.
I’ve had 2 TAF’s, I wouldn’t have another EHOH. Also, it was my only pin at the time, and that does affect a pins lastability, all pins get old but if you can rotate and have 3 pins then this would be better. Mando LE never got old, or Whirlwind, TWD too.
Glad I had one tho, just like TAF everyone shouldn’t have or play one at least once

Current games:
MM original
AFM original
BM66 Catwoman
Star Wars LE
Godzilla LE
Ghostbusters LE
James Bond LE
TBL EA #105
Big Bang Bar
TAFG #730
CFTBL

I feel ya Dave its a nice lineup and they like ya babies but mate life’s to short to hang onto these classics and there’s good money to be had of a lot of those on ya list.
Over the years ive hung onto stuff purely for it’s rarity and ive been a victim to this thinking for many many years by holding onto games like TAFG, TZ, SS, CV, SC and loads more but something @Neil McRae said once rang true to me!
He mentioned how he logged games on pins and looked at how many plays they had in a set period. If any not being played it was valuable space taken up with something that would get some use.
I have taken that one step further due to the crazy money I often get offered for my pins and if its one thats getting very little play I will let it go and get back some much needed space. I will then get it filled with something I've yet to tick off my list but at the rate pins are being released my list keeps growing and that will never happen.
In the past couple of years ive lost count of the pins that have come and gone but one things for sure it has kept my gamesroom fresh and wanting me to actually go in and play my pins daily. I am now loving pinball more than ever to the point it feels like the old days in the 90’s when you picked up pin like say RS and played it to death before moving it on.

The only difference is the fact all the games were sub 1k even for the AFMs, TZs TAFs ect but now its getting to the point where some people think do I buy a FF pro or a CV as almost the same price Yet! One has unfinished code with buggy gameplay and requires non stop tweeking and maintenance! Yes CV is fairly rare and it does look nice sat it a lineup but does it beg you to play if it was sat next to FF? You tell me.
Don’t get me wrong here im not anti classic I love all pinball and I currently have a couple myself namely FT, DM & TFTC which are great for a quick fix and do get played from time to time but like I said way back in this rambling thread they are now starting to encroach on space hence Gamesroom No 2 just finished.

I am currently like you Dave, I’m still a couple over with one out on loan but now nothing is safe in my lineup and im sure a few more will leave this year and FF or even EHOH may take up a space while I decide what’s for the chop.

My advice see what comes of your list of games im sure you will get a flood of PMs and let the money do the talking. Before you know it you will be loving EHOH and will have forgot all about that rare unused pin that only gathers dust and when it does get switched on gets the dreaded credit dot and rings in the toolbox chime.

I don’t think I have actually played HOH… peoples opinions on the game?
I had Chris B’s on loan up until it sold. Would have kept it longer if it hadn’t. Absolutely loved it and first time topper dropped crapped my pants was so unexpected as it was like a few days before it happened 😂 definitely won’t be disappointed especially if you like the fan layout.

I feel ya Dave its a nice lineup and they like ya babies but mate life’s to short to hang onto these classics and there’s good money to be had of a lot of those on ya list.
Over the years ive hung onto stuff purely for it’s rarity and ive been a victim to this thinking for many many years by holding onto games like TAFG, TZ, SS, CV, SC and loads more but something @Neil McRae said once rang true to me!
He mentioned how he logged games on pins and looked at how many plays they had in a set period. If any not being played it was valuable space taken up with something that would get some use.
I have taken that one step further due to the crazy money I often get offered for my pins and if its one thats getting very little play I will let it go and get back some much needed space. I will then get it filled with something I've yet to tick off my list but at the rate pins are being released my list keeps growing and that will never happen.
In the past couple of years ive lost count of the pins that have come and gone but one things for sure it has kept my gamesroom fresh and wanting me to actually go in and play my pins daily. I am now loving pinball more than ever to the point it feels like the old days in the 90’s when you picked up pin like say RS and played it to death before moving it on.

The only difference is the fact all the games were sub 1k even for the AFMs, TZs TAFs ect but now its getting to the point where some people think do I buy a FF pro or a CV as almost the same price Yet! One has unfinished code with buggy gameplay and requires non stop tweeking and maintenance! Yes CV is fairly rare and it does look nice sat it a lineup but does it beg you to play if it was sat next to FF? You tell me.
Don’t get me wrong here im not anti classic I love all pinball and I currently have a couple myself namely FT, DM & TFTC which are great for a quick fix and do get played from time to time but like I said way back in this rambling thread they are now starting to encroach on space hence Gamesroom No 2 just finished.

I am currently like you Dave, I’m still a couple over with one out on loan but now nothing is safe in my lineup and im sure a few more will leave this year and FF or even EHOH may take up a space while I decide what’s for the chop.

My advice see what comes of your list of games im sure you will get a flood of PMs and let the money do the talking. Before you know it you will be loving EHOH and will have forgot all about that rare unused pin that only gathers dust and when it does get switched on gets the dreaded credit dot and rings in the toolbox chime.
Totally agree, no good sitting pretty. My A team left a while back now, only FT survived!
The only way is too not play them much if you want to keep games long term, for me anyway.

Sell some @Dave Bishop you will probably feel relieved after, I did.

Attachments

• 29AE2050-47F2-4A9B-A55F-6A8025FE3D92.jpeg
    29AE2050-47F2-4A9B-A55F-6A8025FE3D92.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 42
@Colywobbles wise words indeed..
@Neil McRae does have a point..
@M4carp wouldnt have sold any of those.. 😂

I don’t play my games that often..
some people put more games on a machine in a week, than I do in a year..

It is a shame that I don’t play more and I want to, hopefully clearing some of my stuff will free up the top of the machines so I can play

😂

@Colywobbles wise words indeed..
@Neil McRae does have a point..
@M4carp wouldnt have sold any of those.. 😂

I don’t play my games that often..
some people put more games on a machine in a week, than I do in a year..

It is a shame that I don’t play more and I want to, hopefully clearing some of my stuff will free up the top of the machines so I can play

😂
I’ve got 4 grown up kids and grandkids in close proximity that we’re bored of them so no good sitting pretty, they need to be played regular.

Thats what I keep telling myself anyway😂😭

When my 9yr old is ready for Uni, some will be sold for Uni fees or if I want to Chuck him out the house.. (maybe sooner than 18 😂) some might be sold for a deposit on a place.

Bank of Mum & Dad…

With all the ups and downs of this run think ill wait until i know i have it in hand but le type speakers and sub first on the list and a shaker motor.
think will go with side blades rather than mirrors on this one as theres a few real nice ones that work will with the machine.

Xianek backglass been mounted on the wall for what seems like ages now so hopefully will finally get its proper home.

Quite fancy the clown shooter rod as well.

Attachments

• backglass.jpg
    backglass.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 23
Another one sold to someone else who had it painted themselves.

I actually printed this one in lime green. (The others were printed in marble PLA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230317_150910_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230317_150910_Messenger.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 25
With all the ups and downs of this run think ill wait until i know i have it in hand but le type speakers and sub first on the list and a shaker motor.
think will go with side blades rather than mirrors on this one as theres a few real nice ones that work will with the machine.

Xianek backglass been mounted on the wall for what seems like ages now so hopefully will finally get its proper home.

Quite fancy the clown shooter rod as well.
Any links to the good looing art blades ?plus to any other must have mods.
Cheers.

Also these apron tv mods are cool think gonzo had these

Got the art blades from Chris B, and the topper.
Hopefully got the shooter rod coming

Will powder coat the hardware - not sure yet, either the green or red on the cabinet

Want the movie clip tv screens, but it has IC so will need only 1 side 😂

Back
Top Bottom