What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest gripe and the result of my only neg in all my years of trading is due to the joint Ebay/Royal Mail bull**** policy…. Better known as the “your item will arrive by such a date” this load of crap takes no account of the peak posting season and fills international customers heads with the false hope that their item will arrive on a certain date when it can’t possibly do so, prime example was the non English speaking newbie that gave me a neg on Boxing day when his item did not arrive on this day as promised by you guess who, (no amount of explaining to this guy would convince him that the delivery date was complete ******** and it’s Christmas for Christ sake, use some common sense) :mad:

After a lengthy conversation with Ebay calling them ****ers and asking them to change this nonsense into a realistic delivery period they reply by stating that this is the guideline provided by Royal Mail, (yeah like 5 days to the US if posted between Xmas and NYE, get real!), this causes so much grief for international sellers as customers can be impatient and buy into the information they are fed.

The real kick in the teeth is having to tell customers that they will have to wait 35 days before you can act (Royal Mail policy) add to that all them bank holidays at xmas and you end up with about 40 days or something stupid, the customer does not want to hear that when ebay has already told them it should have been there weeks ago, Royal Mail will not act for 30+ even though they tell ebay to tell its customers it WILL arrive after seven, you then have to refund the buyer even though you have provided tracking info and proved the item is en route, Royal Mails 35 day timeframe finally lapses but the item gets delivered after you have already refunded so when you lodge a claim to RM claiming it was lost they say, our records show that the item was delivered, sorry **** Off even though it was delivered after their own 25 working day deadline had lapsed.

There’s more but I think I have just used up this week’s moan and groan quota. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Oh look....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371015793143

Lifted directly from Ken's site (Pinball Rebel) for his own profit. :mad:

I spoke with Ken the other day - whilst he doesn't mind people doing it for free for others, he doesn't like people profiting from others work :(
That needs reporting, no need to rob others hard work for a few bucks,
Naughty, very naughty,

That jungle lord is creaping up, is anyone on here bidding?

I did bid - £360 - it just finished on £485
Went to see it yesterday - not too bad, missing a solenoid on one of the drop target mechs & needs a complete set of flipper rebuilds...but paint worn to wood on center of playfield in combination with very ingrained dirt (& quite tatty cab) put me off bidding any higher.

Good luck to whoever won it - fun machine to play.

Regards,
Dan.

Yeah, I looked at it earlier in the week. Passed on it.

Once again Andy, agree totally.
Right, I've just sold something on fleabay and its being picked up tomorrow. I tried to send the guy my email address and ebay forbid it, ffs
Their algorithm for detecting email addresses in messages is very, very good. The only thing I've ever managed to get through is "my full name at the big G that also does search" and hope that the buyer/seller manages to decrypt my meaning.

On the other hand mobile phone numbers go through without a blip, so send that and get them to text you their email address ;)

Once again Andy, agree totally.
Right, I've just sold something on fleabay and its being picked up tomorrow. I tried to send the guy my email address and ebay forbid it, ffs

Buyers emails are shown in the sold section of My Ebay so you can contact them but just not through their messaging system, which is stupid as you already have each others emails as you have transacted.

Just another brick in the wall that ebay are building to stop offers/buying off site.

I Remember a DH listed on ebay a fair few year back, the sellers pitch was that Clint could pop his clogs at any minute and that would result in the value skyrocketing..........Jesus now that is desperate :)

Their algorithm for detecting email addresses in messages is very, very good. The only thing I've ever managed to get through is "my full name at the big G that also does search" and hope that the buyer/seller manages to decrypt my meaning.

On the other hand mobile phone numbers go through without a blip, so send that and get them to text you their email address ;)

Just draw your email address in MS Paint, save it as a jpeg and attach it to your reply ;)

Bargain for someone.
Just goes to show you can still pick up a DMD bargain, even on the bay.

The last few purchases I made were bargains price wise, but they were all "ebay mint" meaning after I have spent the time and money fixing all the faults that came with these "fully working" machines, I might as well just paid top price for a genuinely working one.

Always be very wary of ebay auctions and bid accordingly

Oh look....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371015793143

Lifted directly from Ken's site (Pinball Rebel) for his own profit. :mad:

I spoke with Ken the other day - whilst he doesn't mind people doing it for free for others, he doesn't like people profiting from others work :(

On Jamma+ there was an incident where a member drew out some artwork to reproduce a commonly missing/damaged priece, and a well known ebay selling cnut ripped off the artwork and started selling them on ebay for £20.

In order to defeat this cnut, the person who originally drew the art (and was offering it for free) got a whole bunch of them printed up and listed them all over ebay for £4, using the same pics and title as the £20 cnut was doing with an explanation in the description about how the other person is ripping you off.

The success of the above shows that if you want to defeat the almighty chrome plater and his copyright infringement, simply (with Ken's blessing) do the exact same thing, but charge much less for it, thus making it pointless for the original Mr shiney balls to waste his time trying to compete with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom