What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was scam. It's been reported by more than one person only if to stop somebody parting with their money and never seeing it again.
This looks familiar! I think it is the same scam, the second class mail large letter maybe the giveaway.

maybe, he has it on facebook marketplace for £1600

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/758337597920099
The one on facebook looks more convincing than the one on ebay. The description on ebay looks the same as the Apollo ad , makes me think the photo's have been copied from facebook also bidding does not look right. I maybe wrong and the machine is not one I am interested in but if someone is interested insist on cash on collection.

its not just you ,I cant see them either,just the thumbnails that wont enlarge

Bargain of the year...
C94A1ADA-FB07-468B-9AD9-225D22E1C6ED.png

Yeah saw it but out of space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It looks a bit suspect why would you put delivery by Royal Mail 2nd Class in a description it would definitely be a large parcel. I did contact the seller for some better photos but was ignored, I also asked if cash on collection would be possible and did get a reply saying I could pick up but did not comment on payment. Would not have bid without some decent photo's and I think bidding was pushed up by friends and family so probably bought it them selves! Not worth £900 unless it is a really good machine.
I have an Apollo I bought as a project but is in bad condition with lots of rust inside and have been looking a long time for a replacement or a machine with a good playfield and mechanics to make a good machine from two.
Apollo was the first machine I played in the early 70's with fond memories of playing one at Norwich Bowl so would like to have a decent one at home.
Hello, I am newly registered to this site, having found this thread whilst searching on Google for Williams Apollo. I have been an EM flipper and Bally bingo enthusiast for some years and as with most, my addiction started in my teens. I hope I am replying in the correct place and apologise if I am not. I wanted to set the record straight on the Williams Apollo that sold yesterday (22nd September 2019) on eBay. I bought and collected it this morning. It is real, was not a scam and is actually in very good condition for such a popular 52 year old game. It is in fact better than I had expected. Most games of this age need a good going over unless bought from an enthusiast and this is no exception, but it is complete and started and completed a game when tested which the seller encouraged me to do. I found the seller both friendly and helpful. Best regards to any fellow enthusiasts who might read this post.

I wish I had the skills to do this, some of the project work on here is outstanding.
You will learn as you go mate. I couldn't change a bulb when I joined this forum, I bought a barn find Tommy which I slowly bought back to life and it now sits proudly in my parents home. I've redecalled 3 cabinets, and all of this is from reading other logs on here. Go for it, it's actually as much fun as playing them!

You will learn as you go mate. I couldn't change a bulb when I joined this forum, I bought a barn find Tommy which I slowly bought back to life and it now sits proudly in my parents home. I've redecalled 3 cabinets, and all of this is from reading other logs on here. Go for it, it's actually as much fun as playing them!

Thanks for the encouragement mate. I can really see all of the hard work everyone puts in and particularly how stunning some of these projects look when completed.

I have changed the small bulbs to LEDS and soldered a snapped diode since purchasing mine. The ball launching solenoid is intermittent and I think the right flipper is slightly less powerful than the left. I might be tempted to learn those skills myself but not before I have a second machine to play whilst that is out of service.

The thought of stripping down a playfield and putting it back together in the correct positions fills me with terror though. 😬😬😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom