What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of Escape from The Lost world before. Had a quick look at some vids. Looks a really fun game. Plenty of shots. I really dig these older games.
Interesting to know that a average price would be under 1k.
Surely they can't be too many still around of these days so the prices must be on the rise?

Maybe, but rarity is no guarantee of value and ‘on the rise’ and ‘£1900’ are quite different things.

Also it’s debatable as these games get older and the ‘I remember that from back in the day’ nostalgia gets less and less as the people who actually can remember them also get older, the fact that by any objective measure newer games are ‘better’ means that people who are new into pinball will much prefer DMD (and LCD now) digital sound and all the modern bells and whistles?

I have all the 1981 Bally games and I love them and have no intention of selling. They have a certain value and I would expect them to keep that for the time being, but eventually even those top rated games will get to the stage where the market for them gets so limited that their value will fall - so I think the value of ‘lesser’ older games definitely will.

IMHO anyway - time will tell if that’s anything like what actually happens! As I say literally no one wanted my EFTLW back in 2004 (ish) and that certainly wouldn’t be the case now, so markets change over time.

Love this photo in the Mayfair listing, looks like an EM firing squad 🤣

1566909157539.png

Played the Gofers at Pinfest, seems like a decent one. Had a for sale tag for £2300 on it, guess it didn't sell then.

As explained over on my hello sub-thread in the Noobie Forum, I’m on the lookout for my first machine.

@stumblor suggested I post any eBay listings I come across that might be suitable for me or of interest to others here.

Apologies in advance if I accidentally post a link to a machine already posted here previously:

WORLD CUP USA 94: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183930995673

ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS:

BS DRACULA: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283525443602

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I offered the guy 1600 for elvira and he countered with 1950.
Whilst I didn't expect 1600 to be a winner I don't think hes getting £2k either - its been on for a wee while now.. and no takers.
Not the clearest of photos of the p/f either.. And no photos of it powered on.. which isnt ideal.

@HomerRamone @Lroy

I spoke to him about 2 months ago - he was going to upload pictures of it all working - absolute chancer by the seems of it - just waiting for someone to take the punt on it.

I must have spoken to him about 6months (or more) ago. As you say chancer, stear clear of it.

for 1600 would have maybe been worth it. at 2k.. not so much. Least thats how I read it :)

pinbot is from Czech Republic. seller does have 100% feedback. Looks ok but not sure what the going rate is for this. (Could fancy a Bride myself.... not sure about pinbot..)

Would have thought around 1k for Pinbot. That Czech guy has quite a few pins on ebay and they're all way overpriced.

Thanks for the guidance regarding ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS. As I have been advised over on the Noobie thread, I’ll likely hold out until I can come to an agreement with a community member here looking to move a table on from their collection. That way I can at least have some peace of mind that the machine has been loved and the person is genuine.

If any eBay listings come to my attention and look potentially interesting, I’ll be sure to post it here even if it’s just to better inform myself - from the comments here - as to what is and isn’t a good deal. Cheers all.

Isnt there a funhouse on here ? Under your budget. Decent enough machine from what I understand. And its in good shape by the looks...

@HomerRamone Indeed there is. Chris the owner, has kindly extended an invitation for me to pop over one day and join him for some play on his tables.

I’ve never played FUNHOUSE outside of emulation, so it’s one to consider and try to play for sure.

I really enjoyed Aerosmith when playing it - was tempted on that one on the bay - but once you are into £4k - you can start being quite picky and pick up a lovely Stern for that, like an AC/DC pro or something...

Looks a good machine.

Whatever happened to the one on eBay Uk that fluctuated I’m prune every other week did it sell?

No I think he reduced it over a number of months but no sale as far as I can see

Houdini and munsters for sale on fb in Bristol. I think this is the guy whom I sold my ts to. Nice and genuine guy. Don't think he is on here.

Has a standard bookcase for some reason. Having said that the cabinet has the extra ball button.

I'd want to see photos of the things that make it a real TAFG, which are absent.
Yes you've spotted a slip up :)
Has a note saying certificate missing?

There’s also THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II up for £2k plus but the seller doesn’t have 100% feedback.

Steve's Gofers went for £1600. Unbelievable. I put a few bids in but got pipped right at the end (probably for the best, the girlfriend isn't happy that there are now THREE pins in the house). That's a £2200 pin all day - not much love for golf I guess. Cracking game imo.... One day...

Steve's Gofers went for £1600. Unbelievable. I put a few bids in but got pipped right at the end (probably for the best, the girlfriend isn't happy that there are now THREE pins in the house). That's a £2200 pin all day - not much love for golf I guess. Cracking game imo.... One day...
A lot of Steve's stuff has went for good prices in last wee while.
Perhaps when pins are left to run, they reflect their true value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom