What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a new display, that would make this machine £995. I think that may be pushing it.
Got to agree mate. Unless I'm still in 2016. A nice police force is a 1k-1.2k game.
This looks like it could have plenty to do to it. Possibly broken ramp too.

The story here is that it was briefly for sale here earlier on this year at 6k. Some people showed interest at the time. But I had to pull out for other reasons.

It is back on for sale now so i first contacted those people who had shown interest to see if still interested. Some had already sourced another one, some didn't think it was worth the 6k (what I originally paid for it). Some didnt want a MM anymore. Fair enough. I still need to sell it.

So now it is on eBay to widen the audience. I started fairly high to give me room for manoeuvre. And now it is coming down. Let's see where this takes us.

This game wasn't bought on here in the first place so I don't feel duty bound to sell it on here. I would have liked to but it hasn't happened so I need something else.

In the same vein my shadow which I sold last week was sold through Facebook. I had bought it on ebay many years ago. It was advertised here but nobody wanted it. Fair enough. I love the forum but we have to recognise that the audience is limited in numbers.

Will be interesting to see what the MM original goes for, dutch auction reducing by £100 per day:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-medieval-madness-pinball-machine-Price-reduced-daily/143288469418?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20131017132637&meid=b94a30986ba4442eacf49faef66c042e&pid=100033&rk=4&rkt=8&sd=223546609242&itm=143288469418&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Noticed more forum regulars switching to advertising on ebay rather than here, wonder why this is? Wider market maybe, but also higher chance of timewasters?

Partly because there are so many £1 listing offers I think.

And maybe chance of a higher price if you catch a newbie.

Seems like tatty projects sell quick now even if they are pricey.

Whereas a mint AC/DC premium with colour dmd unsold at £5.5k!

But AC/DC is not a beginner pin, so maybe that reduces potential buyers.

Market is hard to predict at the moment.

Don't worry Mark I didn't take it as a dig.
If anyone wants to buy it off me for 6k in here I am more than happy to do so and I'll make a forum donation. But not quite the £250 that eBay wants on a sale through them.

No I couldn't figure out how to do that and thought it might just apply for auction type of ads.

Got to agree mate. Unless I'm still in 2016. A nice police force is a 1k-1.2k game.
This looks like it could have plenty to do to it. Possibly broken ramp too.

Williams aka arcade warehouse will haggle but pf is notoriously difficult to sell on when you bore of it. And you will. A cheeky £650 should get you this knowing them

Back in the early 2000s these and striker extreme were white star board doners as even with the snagger working you couldnt get more than £400 for them. I dont see it as a hidden gem like godzilla and its nowhere near as good as jurassic park to play. In a free running action i think a mint one might go £1400 . At 2100 you can get entry level Sterns

Elvira. It is not exactly "prepped for sale", so I was expecting a description like ….... Owned it for 20 years. No idea whether it works now but it used to. Needs a clean. Heavy. Buyer collects .....

But the seller actually says this …..

"great condition all working fine . I have owned it over 20 years, one of the top rated pinballs,,, highly collectable,, recent new flipper rubbers, regular waxed playing board"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvira-A...m=123796957514&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

Elvira. It is not exactly "prepped for sale", so I was expecting a description like ….... Owned it for 20 years. No idea whether it works now but it used to. Needs a clean. Heavy. Buyer collects .....

But the seller actually says this …..

"great condition all working fine . I have owned it over 20 years, one of the top rated pinballs,,, highly collectable,, recent new flipper rubbers, regular waxed playing board"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvira-And-The-Party-Monsters-Pinball-Machine/123796957514?_trkparms=aid=1110001&algo=SPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131231084308&meid=f4add24e69344cc3a345d4796e092394&pid=100010&rk=4&rkt=12&sd=192945193538&itm=123796957514&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109
about the 10th time hes listed that - sitting in a leaky lock up looking all sorry for itself lol

Asked for pictures of the display and boards - and a BIN - he wants £2.6K - realistically, all working and loved it wouldn't be hitting that would it.

It was originally on for around £900 starting price, he wanted £1500 then must have thought somehow he could get £2600.

What is an Elvira actually worth ?

Tip top - 2k ?
Good worker - 1.7k ?

Scruffy looking one with iffy description, rubbish pics and questionable seller ? 1.5k sounds ballpark to me ?

What is an Elvira actually worth ?
Tip top - 2k ?
Good worker - 1.7k ?
Scruffy looking one with iffy description, rubbish pics and questionable seller ? 1.5k sounds ballpark to me ?
Sounds about right to me. The Elvira I got this year was in good working condition, needed usual TLC and a few cosmetic parts. That was £1,650. Might you pick up a good working one for less than £1K? Seems doubtful. I'd say the current live one is worth what mine was at £1.5K > £1.7K. At £2.2K he'll be sitting on that 'til Doomsday.

Reactions: DRD
Mm on Dutch auction on ebay terminated. Someone came up with an offer which I accepted. Deposit taken. Turns out a mm isn't a 6k game anymore. Close to but not 6k. Funny world as I couldn't find one cheaper than 6k when i was looking for one. Nevermind, small loss but I am happy with the outcome. Best bit is that it is sold locally so i might get to play it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom