What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have just written no time wasters please!

"I don't need the money or the space" this might be Gary Barlow.

If he doesn't need the money or space why the flip is he selling it?

Just a guess but is it somebody who used to be on here (might have come back) and had a serious hissy fit over TOM - dummy, toys, blankets out of the pram, dis-communicated himself!! :eek::eek:

Just a guess but is it somebody who used to be on here (might have come back) and had a serious hissy fit over TOM - dummy, toys, blankets out of the pram, dis-communicated himself!! :eek::eek:

Full story please!! 😀

If he doesn't need the money or space why the flip is he selling it?

Don't forget wacking £600 mark up onto RFM (in the pics) I sold him 5 months prior!

Don't forget wacking £600 mark up onto RFM (in the pics) I sold him 5 months prior!

Lol....oh you do crack me up, you're never going to let that go are you!? But please do get your facts right. I bought it off you for £2000 and sold it OVER A YEAR LATER for £2300. You can easily check the dates of when you sold it and when I sold it, it's not difficult. I think last time you said 6 months, now it's 5 months. I'm pretty sure it was 24hrs. Anyway, that's pinflation for you!

Let he who hath never sold a pinball machine for more than he did pay cast the first stone.

Lol....oh you do crack me up, you're never going to let that go are you!? But please do get your facts right. I bought it off you for £2000 and sold it OVER A YEAR LATER for £2300. You can easily check the dates of when you sold it and when I sold it, it's not difficult. I think last time you said 6 months, now it's 5 months. I'm pretty sure it was 24hrs. Anyway, that's pinflation for you!

Let he who hath never sold a pinball machine for more than he did pay cast the first stone.
Hi Phil, I found you a very pleasant chap to deal with and you offered me my asking price of £1950. As you remember i was selling it in the community for what i paid for it and it was mint and a bargin which I enjoyed passing on to yourself. It was just disappointing to see you advertise it for £2450 if I recall correctly about 6 months later. In fairness my math was off you were seeking a £500 flip not £600 I apologise for my mistake. I'm sorry to hear you only made £350 in the end.

Hi Phil, I found you a very pleasant chap to deal with and you offered me my asking price of £1950. As you remember i was selling it in the community for what i paid for it and it was mint and a bargin which I enjoyed passing on to yourself. It was just disappointing to see you advertise it for £2450 if I recall correctly about 6 months later. In fairness my math was off you were seeking a £500 flip not £600 I apologise for my mistake. I'm sorry to hear you only made £350 in the end.

Thanks, I'm glad I was pleasant to deal with. I hate hagglers and I don't try to haggle either. As I had stated on the valuations forum (and I know you read it because you liked it) I had priced it sky high on eBay expecting to be met with the usual lowball offers. Pricing higher meant the lowball offers would hopefully come in closer to the £2K mark. If I'd priced it at £2K I would have had a string of offers for under £1500 and it would never have sold. I didn't buy it to flip. I bought it for my kids to play to keep them entertained. They didn't really play it much and I wasn't a fan of the short playfield so that's why I decided to sell it. I bought it from you on the 24th March 2017 and I sold it in May 2018. That's 14 months. Those are the facts. I know facts can ruin a good story but there you go.

Thanks, I'm glad I was pleasant to deal with. I hate hagglers and I don't try to haggle either. As I had stated on the valuations forum (and I know you read it because you liked it) I had priced it sky high on eBay expecting to be met with the usual lowball offers. Pricing higher meant the lowball offers would hopefully come in closer to the £2K mark. If I'd priced it at £2K I would have had a string of offers for under £1500 and it would never have sold. I didn't buy it to flip. I bought it for my kids to play to keep them entertained. They didn't really play it much and I wasn't a fan of the short playfield so that's why I decided to sell it. I bought it from you on the 24th March 2017 and I sold it in May 2018. That's 14 months. Those are the facts. I know facts can ruin a good story but there you go.
Time flies when you're having fun and you shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good story. You knew the interest in it from my for sale thread as several others wanted it openly on there so you could easily have got your desired 2k here, but easier to flip on eBay isn't it? Why did you quit this forum by the way? All ok now? Welcome back anyway.

Time flies when you're having fun and you shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good story. You knew the interest in it from my for sale thread as several others wanted it openly on there so you could easily have got your desired 2k here, but easier to flip on eBay isn't it? Why did you quit this forum by the way? All ok now? Welcome back anyway.

I had asked on here for a valuation and people were telling me £1500. That's why it went on eBay. Same reason my Cue Ball Wizard went straight to eBay. They're not the machines of choice on here.

I'm not back, just visiting. But since you asked....I left the forum because I had become too addicted to it. Spending too much time on it and it was distracting me from working. I was working 18 hour days and very stressed out. And then obviously the whole TOM thing. Chris had advertised a TOM with no pictures or price and I'd been after one for years. I had messaged him asking to let me know when he had decided on a price as I didn't know if it was going to be a minter or a dog. The next day I took the kids out to a tram museum which they loved.....but I literally spent every other minute checking my phone to see if this TOM had a price or pictures yet. So I was pretty angry with myself really for getting too obsessed with pinball and not enjoying the day with the kids. And then the next morning Chris posted that he had sold the TOM. :eek: So yeah I figured it was time to leave the forum. And yeah I did kind of go a bit nuts lol. My bad. But it was the only way I could get off the forum. Like I say though, not back, just visiting.

This seems the best Nic Cage for this moment...​

I had asked on here for a valuation and people were telling me £1500. That's why it went on eBay. Same reason my Cue Ball Wizard went straight to eBay. They're not the machines of choice on here.

I'm not back, just visiting. But since you asked....I left the forum because I had become too addicted to it. Spending too much time on it and it was distracting me from working. I was working 18 hour days and very stressed out. And then obviously the whole TOM thing. Chris had advertised a TOM with no pictures or price and I'd been after one for years. I had messaged him asking to let me know when he had decided on a price as I didn't know if it was going to be a minter or a dog. The next day I took the kids out to a tram museum which they loved.....but I literally spent every other minute checking my phone to see if this TOM had a price or pictures yet. So I was pretty angry with myself really for getting too obsessed with pinball and not enjoying the day with the kids. And then the next morning Chris posted that he had sold the TOM. :eek: So yeah I figured it was time to leave the forum. And yeah I did kind of go a bit nuts lol. My bad. But it was the only way I could get off the forum. Like I say though, not back, just visiting.
Yup this hobby, or maybe all hobbies, can make you nuts if you let it I guess. I mean here I am giving you a hard time for selling something you owned for whatever someone was prepared to pay for it, something we all say is how to value a machine! I just wanted the the bargin I felt I'd and then you'd received to roll on to the next buyer in the community but upon reflection you did nothing wrong so I need to apologise and back off. We're all a little bit obsessive here, I know I am, and that's why I feel at home here, with all you nutters that have collections overflowing into garages, pin shacks, friends houses, etc whilst always telling the missus they cost £500 every time!

I have not played a Bad Cats since about 1991. Though back then I preferred the DE checkpoint and tmnt that were in the same bar.

I dont understand why spin again is an option from the seafood wheel? Surely it just slows the game down while waiting for another spin result to come in? I do love the theme and the artwork though, awesome backglass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom