What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ebay feel nice enough to have a £1 fee day this and 4 other machines will be on running auctions as space needed for newer games .
May be account specific but today/tomorrow £1 fvf offer from Ebay in my Inbox :thumbs:

well bleached out. I can see silly bidding on this one. Ebay snippers on the ready.....

Got a reply from the seller though when asking for more pictures. All sounds legit.

Bit of light hearted fun.

Got quite excited tonight after finding a TOM in France for 3000 euros. That's roughly £2500. So a pretty good deal. Contacted seller and yes it is still available. Getting better. All sounds legit and above board.
Next I thought I'd better get a couple of quotes for shipping. To see what it would be in total.
So I rechecked the ad. It says St Pierre. And then the penny dropped. It means St Pierre et Miquelon. An old French colony along the Eastern coast of ....... Canada.
That explains the price.
End of my interest really.

Anyway this got me to think. That island is 95 sq m. It has 6000 people on it. And someone has a pinball machine. I can't imagine they have many on the island.

This has to be one of the most isolated game ever. Poor thing.

Anyway end of story. Good night.

Talking of all things TOM, anyone admit to snagging the TOM off eBay or was it yet more Pinball-Fake-News?

The IJ has gone up to over 1K.
I really dont understand the mentality of people who bid days before the auction ends.

I really dont understand the mentality of people who bid days before the auction ends.
There's quite a bit of psychology involved, people may put in early bids as a kind of "dibs". Early high bids can dissuade some people, "Oh god it's xxxxx already, I'm not gonna win it" and discount it. I've been outbid on stuff, knew I wasn't going to get it and then a couple of bids get retracted and it goes for less than I though it would. So there's various ways of doing playing it, just as long as you don't get shilled by sock puppet accounts!

IJ seller said she would take £2745 (odd number ) I was more curios than seriously interested. Indy j WILL top that if allowed to run even that faded so a cheeky offer before it goes too high might get it if you are local and really want one.

Bit of light hearted fun.

Got quite excited tonight after finding a TOM in France for 3000 euros. That's roughly £2500. So a pretty good deal. Contacted seller and yes it is still available. Getting better. All sounds legit and above board.
Next I thought I'd better get a couple of quotes for shipping. To see what it would be in total.
So I rechecked the ad. It says St Pierre. And then the penny dropped. It means St Pierre et Miquelon. An old French colony along the Eastern coast of ....... Canada.
That explains the price.
End of my interest really.

Anyway this got me to think. That island is 95 sq m. It has 6000 people on it. And someone has a pinball machine. I can't imagine they have many on the island.

This has to be one of the most isolated game ever. Poor thing.

Anyway end of story. Good night.
I saw a CV in a bar in Albania although in 1990 I sold a space shuttle to Togo (long story )

IJ seller said she would take £2745 (odd number ) I was more curios than seriously interested. Indy j WILL top that if allowed to run even that faded so a cheeky offer before it goes too high might get it if you are local and really want one.

Same - but thanks for the info Steve. I'm in no position to pull the trigger (so to speak), anyone else..?

I rarely bid for anything on Ebay anymore, but I sometimes do put a very cheap bid down as it automatically adds it to your watch list.

I'd put an early bid in to reduce the chance of the seller ending the listing early. Anyone who thought that a bid around 1k would win the auction is highly delusional.

I'd put an early bid in to reduce the chance of the seller ending the listing early. Anyone who thought that a bid around 1k would win the auction is highly delusional.
Maybe thats the reason the prices are going up. Due to people bumping the price up days before the auction ends

I know that last minute bidding (sniping ?) is a popular game, but I prefer to early bid with my max and not muck about last minute and pay more just to "win". Saying that I never win any auctions so I'm quids in :p

Last edited:
For the wedgehead fans out there a Gottlieb El Dorado had just popped up on eBay. Playfield looks a little rough in parts but The backglass looks decent from the 1 picture of it. I wouldn't pay £500 for it though 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom