What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weird is that it linked to the original un-paid for listing that had a load of good photos.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Op-Pop-Pop-pinball-machine-/312022630413

Nah !!! not unpaid listing, they tied to do a cash sale outside of ebay to avoid ebay and paypal fees, then buyer either didn't turn up or tried to haggle down, they couldn't be bothered to reassemble the machine for more photos and aren't aware of how easily a one-click relist can be done, original photos are not on the relist because the psychological analysis of the seller suggests by their 1 terrible photo and lifestyle clues and description, that they have deleted the original photos, deleted the original advert, don't know how to relist an item once deleted, don't own a computer, have little or no computer literacy and probably struggle to just manage making basic ebay listings on their smartphone ( which is allegedly having problems, I say allegedly because chances are the phone is actually fine, but the user is having problems using it to it's full potential).
It will sell for very near to £500, that model is probably worth that to an EM collector and the seller looks like they would benefit from the extra income too.

Nah !!! not unpaid listing, they tied to do a cash sale outside of ebay to avoid ebay and paypal fees, then buyer either didn't turn up or tried to haggle down, they couldn't be bothered to reassemble the machine for more photos and aren't aware of how easily a one-click relist can be done, original photos are not on the relist because the psychological analysis of the seller suggests by their 1 terrible photo and lifestyle clues and description, that they have deleted the original photos, deleted the original advert, don't know how to relist an item once deleted, don't own a computer, have little or no computer literacy and probably struggle to just manage making basic ebay listings on their smartphone ( which is allegedly having problems, I say allegedly because chances are the phone is actually fine, but the user is having problems using it to it's full potential).
It will sell for very near to £500, that model is probably worth that to an EM collector and the seller looks like they would benefit from the extra income too.

Haven’t got a clue what this says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180128_98b2675dafde9434069debeabf204927.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ghost posting, virtually invisible on the white background!

The DEFAULT background colour on this forum seems to be DARK GREY ( as I haven't changed any styling options yet ) so I'm guessing YOU changed your styling options to WHITE background, whatever rocks your boat, it's still a free country, allegedly, or so i'm forced to believe, , I'm sticking to the default DARK GREY background , If the background was WHITE by default and couldn't be changed to a darker colour, then I wouldn't be here as white pages hurt my eyes, same reason I can't stand LEDS in pinball machines, they hurt my eyes too and I can't even look at them, let alone play a machine that contains LEDs.
and the reason for YELLOW text is, so I can find what i've written very quickly, should i need to.

There is a curteous policy on here that we don't use colours on here to post .
As you are new you obviously have missed that rule. Please in future posts keep it either white on black or black on white.
Thank you.

I'm liking it now, Christian Marche art and a cool bagatelle feature in the upper playfield.

image-2.jpg

Told you, it's a very popular model with EM collectors, will be sold quickly, this model usually sells for more than the asking price, backglass is dodgy as is the cabinet, but the playfield is really nice and it has ZIPPER FLIPPERS :clap:

There is a curteous policy on here that we don't use colours on here to post .
As you are new you obviously have missed that rule. Please in future posts keep it either white on black or black on white.
Thank you.

are you sure, because I see some senior members of the forum using YELLOW in their siggies on every post

The DEFAULT background colour on this forum seems to be DARK GREY ( as I haven't changed any styling options yet ) so I'm guessing YOU changed your styling options to WHITE background, whatever rocks your boat, it's still a free country, allegedly, or so i'm forced to believe, , I'm sticking to the default DARK GREY background , If the background was WHITE by default and couldn't be changed to a darker colour, then I wouldn't be here as white pages hurt my eyes, same reason I can't stand LEDS in pinball machines, they hurt my eyes too and I can't even look at them, let alone play a machine that contains LEDs.
and the reason for YELLOW text is, so I can find what i've written very quickly, should i need to.

The default on Tapatalk - which many of us use for mobile viewing - is white. So coloured text isn't great.

It means that they've changed the fuse 3 or 4 times and it blows every time, so they know there is another problem that they can't fix.

You're assuming far too much of the common man/woman, most people don't even own a screwdriver [ FACT ], the seller possibly managed to pry the fuse out using whatever sharpish implement they had to hand, the replacement fuse blew again, so they concluded the fuses must be faulty.

How to Win Friends and Influence People #72: When told why multicoloured text is poor etiquette, double down and blame other long standing members for changing their settings.

I can't help but notice, that many [OTHER] long standing members including this posts [ INITIATOR/OP ] use/uses bright colours including [ YELLOW ] in their [ SIGGIES ] on the forum and that is considered perfectly good etiquette, anyway I'm using [ PINK ] now. :) , next I will be told I shouldn't be using emoticons, because those are reserved for long standing members who can use a row of six or more of them.

I can't help but notice, that many [OTHER] long standing members including this posts [ INITIATOR/OP ] use/uses bright colours including [ YELLOW ] in their [ SIGGIES ] on the forum and that is considered perfectly good etiquette, anyway I'm using [ PINK ] now. :) , next I will be told I shouldn't be using emoticons, because those are reserved for long standing members who can use a row of six or more of them.

...you can’t use the name Max either...reserved for long term members....:rofl:

[ Tapatalk ] , yes well LOL :oops: , I was writing computer software over 40 years ago, bought the first ever smart phone when it was announced because I liked the Symbian OS and programming language, and the fact it could play a decent game of chess, wrote my own apps. called programs in those days, and that was also the last smartphone I ever owned ( or should I say still own ), I use a PC for global communications because I don't like being limited to what someone else thinks I can resonably comprehend. as for winning friends and influencing people [QUOTE="Sgt GrizZ, post: 241678 The default on Tapatalk - which many of us use for mobile viewing - is white. So coloured text isn't great.
That's perfect, because I already know I don't wish to "Win Friends and Influence people" that use [ Tapatalk ] as their primary form of communication.

[ Tapatalk ] , yes well LOL :oops: , I was writing computer software over 40 years ago, bought the first ever smart phone when it was announced because I liked the Symbian OS and programming language, and the fact it could play a decent game of chess, wrote my own apps. called programs in those days, and that was also the last smartphone I ever owned ( or should I say still own ), I use a PC for global communications because I don't like being limited to what someone else thinks I can resonably comprehend. as for winning friends and influencing people [QUOTE="Sgt GrizZ, post: 241678 The default on Tapatalk - which many of us use for mobile viewing - is white. So coloured text isn't great.
That's perfect, because I already know I don't wish to "Win Friends and Influence people" that use [ Tapatalk ] as their primary form of communication.
Oh my goodness you have got to be joking. As a new member myself I'd like to think i respect the community which has already been built on here. A few people have mentioned not using colour in your postings not only because its impossible to read but also because its one of the forum rules yet you just carey on doing so?

People use colour in the sigs because sigs arent important.

Anyhow, theres a MM up for grabs on fleabay right now

English is my primary form of communication, you should try it, currently you're coming across a bit like Stephen Hawking with attitude.

I must admit this is one of my big pet hates too.

If I commit to buying something on eBay, or anywhere really, I do it because I have the means to pay for it at the end of the auction.

I had a girl win a PS4 from me on eBay and when the auction ended she told me - not asked - that she would pay when she got paid at the end of the month. Errrr? If she had asked before bidding I might have acquiesced to her request, but assuming I'd be ok with that without asking? Nah.

Worst thing is - eBay seems geared towards that kind of behaviour. You can't even open a dispute for some time after the auction ends, 2 weeks or more I think, so you're stuck in limbo without the money you thought you were going to get, and the ability to relist it (unless you do the whole Second Offer thing and if you do that I think the original buyer can still leave negative feedback??)

If you look at this logically and fairly, then it's [YOU] who shouldn't be using Ebay if you can't follow the rules [ terms and conditions ] of membership and not the buyer [girl win a PS4] that is at fault, it's actually 2 days waiting followed by 4 days waiting patiently, so you have to give the buyer at least 6 days to pay, it's courteous to give a buyer even longer if they ask you for longer to pay, it used to be much longer than 6 days that the seller was obligated to [WAIT], perhaps 2 weeks as you state.
[YOU] are the one that is at fault if you start making up your own rules and not sticking to the ones Ebay have set in stone, and secondly you are in double trouble and at big fault if you impatiently [RELIST] or offer an item as a "second chance offer" before the obligatory minumum waiting period has expired, and quite rightly too that the original buyer can and should give [YOU] negative feedback because you've broken the rules and not respected the buyers rights and expectations. She also had no obligation to "ask your permission" before she bid/bought, and you would have probably maliciously blocked her from placing a bid or buying.

If you look at this logically and fairly, then it's [YOU] who shouldn't be using Ebay if you can't follow the rules [ terms and conditions ] of membership and not the buyer [girl win a PS4] that is at fault, it's actually 2 days waiting followed by 4 days waiting patiently, so you have to give the buyer at least 6 days to pay, it's courteous to give a buyer even longer if they ask you for longer to pay, it used to be much longer than 6 days that the seller was obligated to [WAIT], perhaps 2 weeks as you state.
[YOU] are the one that is at fault if you start making up your own rules and not sticking to the ones Ebay have set in stone, and secondly you are in double trouble and at big fault if you impatiently [RELIST] or offer an item as a "second chance offer" before the obligatory minumum waiting period has expired, and quite rightly too that the original buyer can and should give [YOU] negative feedback because you've broken the rules and not respected the buyers rights and expectations. She also had no obligation to "ask your permission" before she bid/bought, and you would have probably maliciously blocked her from placing a bid or buying.
Are [WE] talking [ABOUT] pinball on here, or has it [BECOME] a forum to [DISCUSS] ebays terms and [CONDITIONS]?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom