What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when it is not a Gold TAF !!
Playfield is not a gold ,oh well someone is going to loss thousands of pounds ,when that buy that standard TAF with gold extras :(

I think it is a genuine one but hard to tell on my phone. Apron is correct and extra ball button. Can't tell if the plaque has the correct screws as its too blurry. Owner is listed here and door bar holes are mentioned: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/TAFGlist.htm

I've just found this absolute steal on ebay! A Ballys Kiss for just £4,250!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    102 KB · Views: 26
Weird thing about that 13 grand TAFG is it has 24 watchers. Maybe people morbidly curious as to whether someone is daft enough to drop that on one

Weird thing about that 13 grand TAFG is it has 24 watchers. Maybe people morbidly curious as to whether someone is daft enough to drop that on one
I'm guilty of watching it :D I need to know if it will actually sell at that bargain price

I’m watching too, was thinking about making an offer of 3k, but actually I don’t think I go through with it if he accepted.

Not the best pics but looks.... OK.

Would need confirmation that the bottom 2 displays are working ok.

Also Fire has a rotating cylinder under the playfield that simulates flames in the building. Is that present and working?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
thats great info thank you

Clang clang goes the bell

Sirens wail cows moo woman screams

It can only be fire (wood)

Flippers need to be tip top to make ramp shots and they spent a fortune on the fire cylinder effect (but not on squeezing in any pop bumpers! )

Yet I have a soft spot for fire pinball

First one I had ended up in a fire station mess room .

The fault isn't major but they have been traditionally been very hard to shift on when you get bored of it

And you will . Definitely lower end system 11

Not the best pics but looks.... OK.

Would need confirmation that the bottom 2 displays are working ok.

Also Fire has a rotating cylinder under the playfield that simulates flames in the building. Is that present and working?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

the rotating cylinder is irrelevant, you can replace it with flicker LEDS if you need to for pennies
new set of displays is £150 or £200 depending on who you know
the top 2 original plasma alphanumeric displays can still be bought new for £60 each ( although seen working here )
or the bottom 2 original plasma non-alphanumeric displays are much more common can still be bought new for £40 each

Last edited:
It also has 2 similar rolling cylinders in the backbox to simulate fire. Its a very cool effect i would definately make sure they are also there too!

no it doesn't, that's only on the Fire LE, which has vinyl decals on the sides that tend to peel of instead of a proper screen painted cabinet, and once again you can now replace the effect with flicker LEDS for pennies.

Last edited:

Flippers need to be tip top to make ramp shots and they spent a fortune on the fire cylinder effect (but not on squeezing in any pop bumpers! )

The fault isn't major but they have been traditionally been very hard to shift on when you get bored of it

it's a GREAT game, i actually used to put 50ps in this one at the arcades regularly whenever I saw it.
It's very different to play compared with all the usual same game clones, you rush around putting out Fires.
and at the time it was made it was way way different looking and playing to anything else before it.
I say its a sleeper and should be a classic, up there with the other top classics.
i own one now
very popular machine in Europe, 3 of these Fires sold on German ebay.de last year for between £2500 and £4000, 2 of them from the same business seller, and they weren't the same one relisted 3 times, i saved all the photos, they were all different machines with different bits of damage and marks on them.
The sellers had obviously restored several as a job lot when playfields, plastics, ramps, displays and translites were available.
The expensive ones had new playfields, a quality new reproduction playfield is available for this machine at around £1000 imported, as are full plastic sets, displays and translites but not buildings.
new LED display sets are available for £150 or £200 depending on who you know
buildings are always broken either side of the "smash window" ramp, and indeed they were on those that sold in Germany too. didn't affect the price as its not easy to spot the damage.
this one should sell for £1000 or more if a European buyer decides they want it.

Last edited:

I was going to have 2 bells on mine ( as if 1 isn't annoying enough) , but the spare bell I fancied was in Belgium and sold for £50 plus £18 postage , so I settled for just the 1 original bell and a pair of £10 axes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom