What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly bought to flip then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beware of the "Eight Ball Deluxe" that has been listed twice on ebay. It sold a couple of weeks ago, within a day the seller relisted stating that the original winner had not paid and had not contacted him. I thought it odd as it was relisted very soon after the auction ended - i.e. not really given the buyer much time to sort out payment......you'd expect a week or so eh?

So, it sells again yesterday and within a couple of hours of the auction ending I get a "Second Chance offer" - the thing is my 2nd change offer has been bid up a long way from the next lowest bid by the winning bidder, who for some reason again, very very soon after the auction end has obviously failed to pay......... Hmm, fishy....... Shame as I had been in touch with the seller who was willing to deliver to me for £50.

Thinks it's valuable because it's rare and Liberty Games has one for top end.... Nope.

When I read the word “rare” in ebay or other classified listings I read it more like “probably expensive as f*** to fix if it goes wrong”. I tend to avoid then.

Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.

Beware of the "Eight Ball Deluxe" that has been listed twice on ebay. It sold a couple of weeks ago, within a day the seller relisted stating that the original winner had not paid and had not contacted him. I thought it odd as it was relisted very soon after the auction ended - i.e. not really given the buyer much time to sort out payment......you'd expect a week or so eh?

So, it sells again yesterday and within a couple of hours of the auction ending I get a "Second Chance offer" - the thing is my 2nd change offer has been bid up a long way from the next lowest bid by the winning bidder, who for some reason again, very very soon after the auction end has obviously failed to pay......... Hmm, fishy....... Shame as I had been in touch with the seller who was willing to deliver to me for £50.

I kept looking at that, just down the road from me. I was put off by the fault which he made sound easy to fix but yet didn’t fix it first. Kinda puts me off.

I saw another listing for video game this week that said something like “not working, think it’s the fuse”. Surly changing the fuse guarantees that and makes the item more valuable because it’s working.

I dunno, sounds shady to me when I see that.

I kept looking at that, just down the road from me. I was put off by the fault which he made sound easy to fix but yet didn’t fix it first. Kinda puts me off.

I saw another listing for video game this week that said something like “not working, think it’s the fuse”. Surly changing the fuse guarantees that and makes the item more valuable because it’s working.

It means that they've changed the fuse 3 or 4 times and it blows every time, so they know there is another problem that they can't fix.

Classic shilling. Agree to buy at you initial starting bid before it got shilled. They wont agree and relist

When I read the word “rare” in ebay or other classified listings I read it more like “probably expensive as f*** to fix if it goes wrong”. I tend to avoid then.

Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.

Ah not really, mechs will be fairly typical for Bally/Williams. All games have bespoke parts, mainly above playfield but it's the title/popularity and demand that commands most of the £ value. I've got a few rare games but doesn't mean they have values like a NIB !

As a rule of thumb, with anything being sold, if the seller says "should be an easy fix" you can take that to mean "I got a quote to fix it and baulked at the cost".

EDIT: Or the fuse thing :)

B
i.e. not really given the buyer much time to sort out payment......you'd expect a week or so eh?

in my view if you take a week to pay then you don't have the money and shouldn't be bidding! Nothing worse than someone bidding on something wins it and takes a freaking age to pay. When I used eBay you get 48 hours from me then boom.

Neil.

in my view if you take a week to pay then you don't have the money and shouldn't be bidding! Nothing worse than someone bidding on something wins it and takes a freaking age to pay. When I used eBay you get 48 hours from me then boom.

Neil.
I must admit this is one of my big pet hates too.

If I commit to buying something on eBay, or anywhere really, I do it because I have the means to pay for it at the end of the auction.

I had a girl win a PS4 from me on eBay and when the auction ended she told me - not asked - that she would pay when she got paid at the end of the month. Errrr? If she had asked before bidding I might have acquiesced to her request, but assuming I'd be ok with that without asking? Nah.

Worst thing is - eBay seems geared towards that kind of behaviour. You can't even open a dispute for some time after the auction ends, 2 weeks or more I think, so you're stuck in limbo without the money you thought you were going to get, and the ability to relist it (unless you do the whole Second Offer thing and if you do that I think the original buyer can still leave negative feedback??)

Neil.
I was being kind! Yes I give sellers a couple of days then chase. I have sold lots of stuff over the years on ebay and I've had every excuse under the sun, but also had very real genuine buyers who have had issues such as hospitalization, bereavement and travel delays that have delayed payment a bit.

Even worse than non payers are the ****** sellers who dont post stuff until days after you have paid.....grrrrrr

Apart from collection only items I put all auctions on buy it now with immediate payment only option, solves that problem!

And to be fair on sellers that don't post the same day they have the same life issues as buyers, only packaging up an item and taking it to the post office takes a bit more effort than clicking a link to pay. More annoying are the buyers that message asking where their item is after only a few days, often after they've purchased on a Friday.

Apart from collection only items I put all auctions on buy it now with immediate payment only option, solves that problem!

And to be fair on sellers that don't post the same day they have the same life issues as buyers, only packaging up an item and taking it to the post office takes a bit more effort than clicking a link to pay. More annoying are the buyers that message asking where their item is after only a few days, often after they've purchased on a Friday.
Yep - but waiting a week for a business seller in uk to ship with no message, no apology - had two recently..........not normal I know.

Nice little bargain here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112766123191?ul_noapp=true

Where do you start picking holes in that!!!
Screenshot_2018-01-20-16-31-21.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom