What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBay auctions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it would but they went to the extend of doing backglass art and plastics..., I am wondering how much of the original machine is under it all

Or is it a one off? Some people strive to be different?
I do understand what you are saying thou, if it's one thing then people will want spares or parts even if it's rubbish. But if it's something else then who knows? I think you've played a blinder doing a deal dependant on boards.
It could go the other way and with some research and back story? Someone might want to pay handsomely for it?
You must have some stacks of paper?

The playfield layout doesn't seem to match anything Bally did between 1976 band 1983.

I'm not surprised. It looks more like a re-themed Gottlieb playfield than Bally.

He cant open the back box so can't tell me if there are any actual boards in it or not. I am quite surprised how good it is. I do know it was done in 1999/2000 due to the presentation plate on the lock down bar and I know it was done for the Scottish National Trust. Was it done just for a display piece? Was it playable? Does anyone know anything about it?

I have already come to a deal with the seller assuming there are actually PCB's in the backbox...

I would suggest it was most certainly playable (pretty pointless otherwise) and that battery acid damage may be the reason why it's a none worker and being sold as is. It'll be interesting to see what scoring (if any) it has.

I am probably going to regret this as someone will probably snipe it from me but what on earth did it used to be

Not here Courtney. The original idea of this post was to stop forum members accidentally bidding against each other, and in 5 years on here I've never heard of that happening.

All the best Courtney - i got a EWF courtesy from @steve brum that iv'e yet to do really anything with - M/Fcave done but left for a few hours with the heating on and spot what arrived without me knowing - not happy

Attachments

• Cave.jpg
    Cave.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 47
Took these a few weeks ago ! Thought you might be interested (hopefully there should be photos here or the post will look really stupid !)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 66
I guess you're all laughing at me now for taking such a risk...

Will all depend on when you open it up ;) Can't see any displays or score reels, who knows re: boards and whether there's anything under the pf. I'd try and get into it as best you can when you go and collect cause if it's just the cab with a load of fairy lights wired in then you want to walk away, no matter how much it ****es them off :thumbs:

I took the photos on the 16th of December. I saw the machine on the drum farm antiques web site for sale for £250, happened to be in edinburgh & went in past to have a look ! It wasn't there & I assumed sold ! I went to some other antique warehouses & came across it at shapes antique market & auction house where the photos were taken. (Believe that drum farm sell goods at the market). Hope that helps ?

I guess you're all laughing at me now for taking such a risk...

Courtney, the work that goes into these re-themed machines is interesting. What do you intend to do with it should you get it?

@astyy I intend to make it run as it is. The photo's provided by @puddlewick suggest this game was redesigned to actually run, so curious how far the transformation went, how the back glass was done, how the top light was programmed etc? The art may not be the best but it does look like it was converted semi-professionally. If it does play and is is restorable as it is then it's most certainly unique...

Hello Justin welcome, I'd be asking him about when he last changed the battery's on the CPU board, he says he's not used it for 5 years? These can leak and damage the board. If it has leaked when he turns it on it won't "Remember" the last high scores today's date, it's on FREEPLAY etc... If he has to go into the buttons each time the machine switched off this could be an issue? Or it could just need the battery's replacing? I once asked a chap this and his response was, it plugs into the mains!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom