What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD clocks - Colour 2020 version!!

Not sure why - that is the user name and password for the Pi. Someone else also had problems accessing via network shares. In the end he used FileZilla to drag and drop the files from his Windows PC onto the RPI2DMD clock. Make sure you use Port 22 to connect to the Clock.

Hope that helps

Mike

Not sure why - that is the user name and password for the Pi. Someone else also had problems accessing via network shares. In the end he used FileZilla to drag and drop the files from his Windows PC onto the RPI2DMD clock. Make sure you use Port 22 to connect to the Clock.

Hope that helps

Mike
Connected as a Guest instead of Registered user, and i'm in!

Found this message inside:

---

Hi !

This Operation System includes 600 gifs in pixel perfect, if you want more you could add BIGDLC (more than 3500 gifs) available here :

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=67065

See you soon ;-)

RpiTe@m

---

@Paul i assume you have done this already!

I have one small problem. Shortly after I turn the clock on the animation freezes and will not move and just displays the same image constantly. If I connect and pause then resume it will then work perfectly?

I have one small problem. Shortly after I turn the clock on the animation freezes and will not move and just displays the same image constantly. If I connect and pause then resume it will then work perfectly?

Thats strange, however it seems not unique... you will probably find that if you dicsonnect from the power and unplug for 10 mins.. then re-connect and re-power it works ok from them onwards??

I think it may be down to how i have imaged and set them up... As i mentioned each is run for 24 hours before shipping, so we know any initial hardware is good (and we know that they have been ok on a soak test)... I then do the final config and changes in Wifi etc... I then Shutdown from the menu (Which i suspect may be causing the issue!).... so some are arriving in a strange state...

Last edited:
It seems the SD card can get corrupt @Paul when playing with settings via the web interface. I tried resetting the config settings (web interface and network shares still work) - but that wasnt enough for me. Fortunately I took a backup of my SD Card - so burnt a new image and all back again.

Will there be new animations available in future, and if so, will it be a drag and drop update (to the folders)?
Not sure... Possibly new animations and also new Features in the software... I'm happy to do something like a mail-in replacement service should that arise (for those unable or unsure on how to re-image an SD card or copy files accross...

It seems the SD card can get corrupt @Paul when playing with settings via the web interface. I tried resetting the config settings (web interface and network shares still work) - but that wasnt enough for me. Fortunately I took a backup of my SD Card - so burnt a new image and all back again.

There does seem to be an intermittant issue when a "feature" is switched on or off... i.e. switch the Clock off, or the Weather...

I do have to say i havent had one yet (after configuring all of these) that has given me any issues... however there's has been a number of people on here that have has these problems... so more than likely i was lucky... there has to be some kind of common issue here...

I'll report back to the dev and see if they have any suggestions :)

Now i'm virtually all sorted on the clocks front now (Apologies @Andypuk - Yours will be on it's way this week all being well!). I'm working my way back through those that have been damaged.... Apologies to those that have been very patient with me. I have two courier complaints in... they seem to want war and peace... but i will get everyone sorted in the next 1-2 weeks.... :)

There does seem to be an intermittant issue when a "feature" is switched on or off... i.e. switch the Clock off, or the Weather...

I do have to say i havent had one yet (after configuring all of these) that has given me any issues... however there's has been a number of people on here that have has these problems... so more than likely i was lucky... there has to be some kind of common issue here...

I'll report back to the dev and see if they have any suggestions :)
I haven't managed to completely reproduce the problem... but I think it is caused by the more impatient owner (speaking for a friend :) ), if you press "save" setting button multiple times via the web interface, it can screw up the settings file. Save settings can be a bit slow, and the new settings take a few seconds to show up - so can understand someone pressing the button a few times.

My clock will be put up for sale very soon so If anyone missed out on this buy and they are desperate to get one feel free to get in touch.
It has sat unused in the box since it came but I did power up to check everything was working as it should.

Unfortunately My plans have totally changed as I intended to have the game room extended but as I’ve been dropped in with the builder it’s likley to be well into next year before the project starts so someone may get more use out of it.

I am looking for what I paid.

I will list in general for sale if no one here interested.

Col

Another issue seems to have surfaced which may well re-inforce what @MadNat was saying....

"Switching off the time, date & weather at the same time seems to switch all the settings to zero including Wi-fi"

Will feed this back to the delveloper...

Paul

My solution to any risk of corruption is to access the clock on my network via my PC or phone and keep a backup of the config file.

But if the WiFi settings die you can't access it. Luckly I can just move the clock and plug it into the router temporarily.

Only had to do this once when I first lost the config settings but it's a good back up plan

Apologies if this has already been asked a dozen times, I haven't been keeping track. Is it safe to hook this up to a Smart Plug on a timer? Or does it need to be shut down in any particular way?

Apologies if this has already been asked a dozen times, I haven't been keeping track. Is it safe to hook this up to a Smart Plug on a timer? Or does it need to be shut down in any particular way?
Don't know if there's enough of an OS on the RasPi, but would it be feasible to write a shutdown script to run a certain time (before the time the timer went off), then it would start when the power came back on?

Don't know if there's enough of an OS on the RasPi, but would it be feasible to write a shutdown script to run a certain time (before the time the timer went off), then it would start when the power came back on?

Sounds like something that could be done through IFTTT but I've never actually used it yet. Would it be necessary is the question really.

i have mine plugged into a smart plug which turns it off and on one a day when i get home from work. Had no issue as yet

I get mine Christmas Day, really really looking forward to opening and having a play with it.

It's super cool. I have mine in the office and everyone always comments on it when I'm on a video meeting. Will have to post some pics when I get the room finished.

mine showing 1/1/2020. think [mention]james [/mention] has same issue

last time I want to be in is 1st Jan 2020, cant live through that year again

Was just about to post the same.
mine showing 01 Jan 20

No big deal @Paul, but when you get chance to look at it.

OOh ok...
Question to you all that are having "year problems" - is yours connected to the Internet?

Yes - connected to the internet @Paul. In setting change date config to use %y, instead of %g - fixes it.

From your clock WebGUI (enter the IP address of your clock). Click Settings->Date. Setting Format change to %d %b %y, cllck save and wait for clock to restart

Back
Top Bottom